TDS and EC help

• Thread starter Wakethedreams2reality
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

Ok first posting here! Love these forums and just wanted to give it a shot.
I have 6 ladies that I received a week ago they are now in 200 gal smart pots. I just transplanted and I know to expect shock from that.(they have been outdoors since early may so they are accustomed to the environment.) Even before I transplanted they were wilting pretty good. I know I’m not over watering or under watering. The thing is I’ve just been giving them my non adjusted well water and since I got them and they seem to be hurting something fierce.
Just got my water tests results back( which I will get too soon) I will be starting to properly PH the water starting tomorrow. I’m guessing that too high ph is why they are dropping even though they are properly watered??

here’s the basics of my water test:
Boron: 1.0 mg/L
Calcium: 7.8mg/L
Iron: ND(not detected)
Mag: 2.4mg/L
Manganese: 0.07 mg/L
Sodium: 240 mg/L

PH: 7.7
Conductance: 1300 Umbos/cm
TDS: 650 mg/L
Hardness: 30mg/L (soft)

I want to get some input on my TDS and EC levels and what to do about it. I know that they are high. I was thinking of getting a boogie blue plus in line water filter to help with the high sodium and hoping it will help with the TDS?
Any help is greatly appreciated y’all! If you made it this far thanks for reading!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok first posting here! Love these forums and just wanted to give it a shot.
I have 6 ladies that I received a week ago they are now in 200 gal smart pots. I just transplanted and I know to expect shock from that.(they have been outdoors since early may so they are accustomed to the environment.) Even before I transplanted they were wilting pretty good. I know I’m not over watering or under watering. The thing is I’ve just been giving them my non adjusted well water and since I got them and they seem to be hurting something fierce.
Just got my water tests results back( which I will get too soon) I will be starting to properly PH the water starting tomorrow. I’m guessing that too high ph is why they are dropping even though they are properly watered??

here’s the basics of my water test:
Boron: 1.0 mg/L
Calcium: 7.8mg/L
Iron: ND(not detected)
Mag: 2.4mg/L
Manganese: 0.07 mg/L
Sodium: 240 mg/L

PH: 7.7
Conductance: 1300 Umbos/cm
TDS: 650 mg/L
Hardness: 30mg/L (soft)

I want to get some input on my TDS and EC levels and what to do about it. I know that they are high. I was thinking of getting a boogie blue plus in line water filter to help with the high sodium and hoping it will help with the TDS?
Any help is greatly appreciated y’all! If you made it this far thanks for reading!
Everything but the sodium is fine. You want to keep under 50ppm max and the lower the better it's a micro nutrient and 5ppm is even more than enough. That sodium is likely your issue and I would suggest an RO unit. Your still missing info on a couple hundred ppm. Do you have a water softener because to me that's what is looks like with such low calcium and magnesium and such high sodium.

Take a sample before the water softener and get that tested. Anything after a water softener will need to have an RO unit. So testing the water before the softener and using that may eliminate the need for RO depending on test results.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh and welcome to the Farm!!! Great peeps and growers here to help you along the way. Starting a grow diary is a good place to keep all you info for others to help you and learn from you.

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

Everything but the sodium is fine. You want to keep under 50ppm max and the lower the better it's a micro nutrient and 5ppm is even more than enough. That sodium is likely your issue and I would suggest an RO unit. Your still missing info on a couple hundred ppm. Do you have a water softener because to me that's what is looks like with such low calcium and magnesium and such high sodium.

Take a sample before the water softener and get that tested. Anything after a water softener will need to have an RO unit. So testing the water before the softener and using that may eliminate the need for RO depending on test results.

thanks for the reply! This is water tested straight from well pump. No salt based water softener. I don’t have a lot of extra budget right now. Know of any affordable RO units for a small garden??

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

Oh and welcome to the Farm!!! Great peeps and growers here to help you along the way. Starting a grow diary is a good place to keep all you info for others to help you and learn from you.
Cheers man! 🤙 thanks

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

thanks for the reply! This is water tested straight from well pump. No salt based water softener. I don’t have a lot of extra budget right now. Know of any affordable RO units for a small garden??
You also don’t think the total dissolved solids is high?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You also don’t think the total dissolved solids is high?
Absolutely to high I was just referring to the ppm of the report doesn't fully add up to the total ppm so some info is missing, likely sulfur and a few others. Let me see what I can scrounge up for a budget RO. How many gallons a day will you be using?

You will only need a 3 stage

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

Absolutely to high I was just referring to the ppm of the report doesn't fully add up to the total ppm so some info is missing, likely sulfur and a few others. Let me see what I can scrounge up for a budget RO. How many gallons a day will you be using?
Ahhh I see gotcha! Yeah we have a bit of a sulphuric smell to the water as well. Under 150 gal. For sure

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Since your on well water waste water won't really be an issue. Here is a 100gpd 3 stage for $80 its about as cheap as it gets. Make sure you flush it before using. A lot of ppl miss that step and it lowers the life of the resin filter if you don't.

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

Since your on well water waste water won't really be an issue. Here is a 100gpd 3 stage for $80 its about as cheap as it gets. Make sure you flush it before using. A lot of ppl miss that step and it lowers the life of the resin filter if you don't.
Awesome!
nice! Thanks man! Really appreciate your help!

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

👍 Remember with RO you will likely need to supplement calcium and magnesium depending on the base nutrients you are using.
Yeah for sure thank you! I’ll update you on how things progress. I’m ordering an RO right now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom