Tea for sprouts? Your thoughts please.

• Thread starter Really
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Really

Well I am new to this and have a question. Is worm casting tea ok for new sprouts? I was thinking of brewing a tea with 4 tablespoons of 1-0-0 castings. Would this hurt the little ones? :afroweed:

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Worm castings are one of the most gentle form of Nitrogen and I wouldn't hesitate to use them on little ones. As with any fertilizing, using sparingly.

R

Really

I have started bubbling my first tea. 1gal ro water, 4tbls worm castings. It is pretty simple. I hope it willmake my little ones happy.

C

Cusick

I love using tea early on because it forms that active foundation in your medium for establishing roots.

The true benefits will reveal themselves over time..

mace

mace

Personally, i've used them on seedlings. You really don't need to until true leaves show, at that point i would cut it before feeding 50/50 water/tea.

I

I N Hail

High Really
Yep ewc tea is great for seedlins and you want to add some
Black strap molasis. Ewc is great for building your microherd
For 1 gal. try 1 tbls. EWC and 1tsp of BSM and you'll be good to go.
And you can cut it 50/50 with declorinated water

I N Hail

G

Guano

You can use castings & molasses on young sprouts & once they start getting larger ease in some liquid seaweed & your plants will be happy & healthy.

R

Really

Thanks everyone!

I have added molasses and Super Plant Tonic (Organic root enhancer with lots of good microbes) to the mix. So what I have brewed for my sprouts is 1 Tbls Molasses, 4 Tbls Worm Castings and 1Tsp Super Plant Tonic. I watered with this tea a little over a day ago and RD (my Red Dragon Seedling) and Hazle (my Super Lemon Haze feminized seedling) are doing great.

If anyone has their own brew for their youngins, please add it to this thread for others to use in the future. Thanks again and happy growing!

Hpo777

Hpo777

Such an old thread but someone can stumble across it...i mean I did lol

As far as seedling/clone teas go

Stop using molasses in AACTs unless your a soil biologist that can label strains of bacteria it's not in your best interest! To many sugars for bacteria, it acts as a junk food only feeding bacteria which will over populate and feed on all the oxygen and kill all the other good stuff!(fungi, enzymes etc)

That being said I brew
1/4 cup EWC
1tsp seaweed
1tsp fish hydroslate

Dilute as desired I usually dilute 1 gal with 1/2gal and it does wonders! The tea isn't so much for the clones/seedlings as it is for feeding the soil. I think the biggest trouble with organic gardening is breaking the mindset of "feeding the plant". With all organic you want to feed the soil. Let your microbial life feed your plant:)

Ps always use dechlorinated water chlorine kills ALL bacteria good and bad. Never use a metal can either zinc kills bacteria and fungi as well.

Top Bottom