Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
maybe this should be made a a new thread before it gets carried away ~ this one is about tea recipes and the best way to use caps bennies.

on that note, can anyone recommend a microscope for viewing tea? I'm about to pick one up I think

MY Amscope was around 400 on ebay and it works great. you want something with 2000x zoom capability IMHO. That's the only setting I can see any microbes with.

here it is.

squiggly

squiggly

Yeah I definitely second that you want 2k+. My preference would be 4K but those get pricey.

squiggly

squiggly

Phase contrast, Capulator, or what?

Darkfield is probably a bit easier to operate for hobbyists. If you need different views here you can use Rheinberg illumination (special color filtered dark field).

Phase contrast its more for studying organelles and such--because it works by displaying things with different refractive indices as ligher/darker.

This often forms a halo around specimens and can obstruct vision. Phase contrast should be used probably by advanced users only. Dark field and rheinberg should cover just about everyone's needs here at the farm.

Phase contrast is also more expensive generally if memory serves.

You have 3 schools here:

1. Phase Contrast / Dark Field capable scope.
2. Phase Contrast Alone.
3. Dark Field alone.

1. is good for educational purposes.
2. is good for academic research purposes, or for general purpose if you practice using it properly.
3. is probably the best for our situation here.

That is to say that you'd be better suited, in my opinion, to pick up a high-level Dark Field (with all the bells and whistles) than to get a scope that does both.

shawnskush

shawnskush

so ordered the full og biowar gear and it was delivered to my house in 5 days including a weekend thats so Fing AWESOME

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't you have to prepare plates in a special manner for viewing when you get up to high magnification opticals? Oiling, or something like that?

I don't recall ever learning of a Rheinberg with regard to scopes. Dark field, bright field(?) (can't recall the differences right now!) and I always need help to remember 'phase contrast.'

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Don't you have to prepare plates in a special manner for viewing when you get up to high magnification opticals? Oiling, or something like that?

I don't recall ever learning of a Rheinberg with regard to scopes. Dark field, bright field(?) (can't recall the differences right now!) and I always need help to remember 'phase contrast.'

You need to use a little oil with the high magnification lens. Other than than just a slide and a coverplate to sit on the liquid swath. then a drop of oil on top of that.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sounds like that might be best used indoors then, yes? I usually use my scope outside, which is the other reason why I got an inexpensive model, as I have always planned to let children use it. It's a lot of fun to scope different things, but I'm also in that over-40 crowd and have a *lot* of 'eye floaties.'

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sounds like that might be best used indoors then, yes? I usually use my scope outside, which is the other reason why I got an inexpensive model, as I have always planned to let children use it. It's a lot of fun to scope different things, but I'm also in that over-40 crowd and have a *lot* of 'eye floaties.'

I only use mine inside Sea.. :cyclops:

P

poohdo

I just got through this awesome thread and brewing is all new to me but I got some root and foliar pushing 30hrs as I type,Thanks Cap! I followed the directions on the first page and I am now thinking I made too much as I am flushing most plants and will not hit em with this,, but I am veggin about 10 in hugo blocks (now @ 3 weeks ) and about 12 in coco (now @ 3 weeks).I went out and grabbed some humbold nutrients "sticky".Can someone please tell me if its non ionic or if its cool to use with caps brew juice? I plan to foliar feed in the am with full strength and also dump in the hugo's and coco at full strength, since I really don't have anyware to put the left over besides the fridge for next weeks feeding of the same. Am I good or would yall go at it froma different angle? Thanks

kooter840

kooter840

Cap!.....you are a beast my good man! I am about to start my third batch of tea and I cannot believe how nice they are looking. They almost look fake. You have a lifetime customer here cap.....wish I would of started using bennies sooner.

P

poohdo

I just got through this awesome thread and brewing is all new to me but I got some root and foliar pushing 30hrs as I type,Thanks Cap! I followed the directions on the first page and I am now thinking I made too much as I am flushing most plants and will not hit em with this,, but I am veggin about 10 in hugo blocks (now @ 3 weeks ) and about 12 in coco (now @ 3 weeks).I went out and grabbed some humbold nutrients "sticky".Can someone please tell me if its non ionic or if its cool to use with caps brew juice? I plan to foliar feed in the am with full strength and also dump in the hugo's and coco at full strength, since I really don't have anyware to put the left over besides the fridge for next weeks feeding of the same. Am I good or would yall go at it froma different angle? Thanks

Sooo, I let caps brew juice loose @full strength in the hugo's and the coco today that are 3 weeks into veg (via top feed),I guess I am good to foliar feed with humbolts "sticky' and some tea tonight after lights out?? Might be newbie fear, but am I weird for thinking that tomorrow's normal nute feed is just going to "wash out" todays tea I put in?Also, I don't own a scope so I can just hope I got some bennies doing their job in their. About how long is a ball park time frame to see improvment in the ladies? Thanks ahead of time.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sooo, I let caps brew juice loose @full strength in the hugo's and the coco today that are 3 weeks into veg (via top feed),I guess I am good to foliar feed with humbolts "sticky' and some tea tonight after lights out?? Might be newbie fear, but am I weird for thinking that tomorrow's normal nute feed is just going to "wash out" todays tea I put in?Also, I don't own a scope so I can just hope I got some bennies doing their job in their. About how long is a ball park time frame to see improvment in the ladies? Thanks ahead of time.

the nute feed should not wash away the bennies. Many species produce a "glue" that binds them to their host. Be consistent. Apply weekly. You will see a difference within the week. I see a difference next day when I foliar.

P

poohdo

Thanks Cap, I am excited as hell for some reason bout using these lil bity living bad asses..

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Hey cap
What do you recommend for a tea bag????
Is it worth it to buy a fancy 400 micron tea bag????
I been using one of them nice dress sock seems to be doing the trick but then again I dont own a scope so I really dont know

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap
What do you recommend for a tea bag????
Is it worth it to buy a fancy 400 micron tea bag????
I been using one of them nice dress sock seems to be doing the trick but then again I dont own a scope so I really dont know

I just use one of a pair of 50 cent stockings from the local rite aid...

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Cool Ill just keep using the that nice dress sock then.

Im also noticing some green on top of my coco didnt think algae would grow with a weekly full concentrated tea, could this be from something in the tea

Top Bottom