Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Don't you have to prepare plates in a special manner for viewing when you get up to high magnification opticals? Oiling, or something like that?

I don't recall ever learning of a Rheinberg with regard to scopes. Dark field, bright field(?) (can't recall the differences right now!) and I always need help to remember 'phase contrast.'
Yeah 100x needs oil, it's awesome though!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cool Ill just keep using the that nice dress sock then.

Im also noticing some green on top of my coco didnt think algae would grow with a weekly full concentrated tea, could this be from something in the tea

No it may be a little algae. Strange. I know once the fungi get going the algae stops on my 6" RW cubes. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

K

kushsmoker30

u ever use H16 Prime with ur teas?
H16 calls for 15 ml a gal in there nute line up. thinking bout replacing molasses in some teas with prime, so i can top feed it full strength with out worrying bout to much molasses in my root zone

i asked bout it n teas, they said yes use it with my tea it's feeds bennies n fungi

^here's what they say is in it^, figured if it feeds em why not try a few brews with it...right?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
u ever use H16 Prime with ur teas?
H16 calls for 15 ml a gal in there nute line up. thinking bout replacing molasses in some teas with prime, so i can top feed it full strength with out worrying bout to much molasses in my root zone

i asked bout it n teas, they said yes use it with my tea it's feeds bennies n fungi

^here's what they say is in it^, figured if it feeds em why not try a few brews with it...right?

looks like it has molasses in it, also kelp and yeast. Should be ok. Its on the expensive side IMHO @ 75 bucks a gallon, but if it works well go for it.

K

kushsmoker30

that was my thought as well cuz i have hydro store molasses n as pricey as it is, it's cheap compair to this stuff.
i'm wondering howerever say if i go ahead n run the full line up n use 20 gal each feed, could i just dump a light amount of bennies into res with 15 ml prime/gal, let brew, strain n add nutes. PH using a water pump in res to keep water moving 4 diluting harsh acid fast to minimize killing the good stuff.

think i'm gonna try it, i'll make a tea 1st n see how nasty it gets foamy chunky whatever n go from there.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
That's wild!

Proof foam means jack shit...

Yeah there was still some bio film building up at the edge of the water line on the bucket, but really no foam. I'll keep scoping out different methods and pu tthem here. The key is to get the most life out of the brew... It's really hard to identify the microbes though. I can pretty much only tell the bacillus strains as they are rod shaped. Need more experience. :)

squiggly

squiggly

Yeah there was still some bio film building up at the edge of the water line on the bucket, but really no foam. I'll keep scoping out different methods and pu tthem here. The key is to get the most life out of the brew... It's really hard to identify the microbes though. I can pretty much only tell the bacillus strains as they are rod shaped. Need more experience. :)

Are you fixing them to slides or doing any staining? Or just viewing shit in water?

You'll never identify most of them doing it that way lol.

My understanding is that the ideal environment for aerobic microbes is one that will not support bio films. You want to get air moving and have enough water flow in the right areas to keep film from developing.

If a film develops this creates a foothold for anaerobic microbes.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Are you fixing them to slides or doing any staining? Or just viewing shit in water?

You'll never identify most of them doing it that way lol.

My understanding is that the ideal environment for aerobic microbes is one that will not support bio films. You want to get air moving and have enough water flow in the right areas to keep film from developing.

If a film develops this creates a foothold for anaerobic microbes.

I rinse my bucket after every use. You get film in all brewers. It is important to clean them.

This is just me viewing a swath of tea on a slide. No stain. I know I won't identify shit.. but it sure is cool to see all the herd swimmin around and doin their thing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
HydroRocks is the one who's spent the years (and years and years) doing the slides and stains.

If you let your eyes adjust you can see mad life in this 48 hour tea with fish hydrolosate and molasses.
No foam on this batch.
I've had the foam discussion with many people, for some reason a lot of people associate foam production with microbial life. My experience with two things--tea and foam fractionation--tell me this isn't necessarily the case.

Foam fractionation is actually one of the early forms of chemical filtration. A basic foam fractionator (aka protein skimmer) is usually a tall container for the water column that has an inverted funnel at top with a collection cup (the taller and thinner, the better) where superfine bubbles are mixed. At the top of the column a foam forms, and, especially if it's a good 'dry' foam, is pushed up through the inverted funnel into the collection cup where it can be removed.

So, what's making the foam and being collected? Dissolved organic compounds, aka DOCs. Why does foam fractionation work? Because, DOCs are (usually) polar, in that they have a hydrophilic 'end' and a hydrophobic 'end' (of the molecule). The hydroPHOBIC end sticks to the bubbles, and is thereupon carried up the water column, where it contributes to making the foam.

Wanna know what one of my favorite jobs at the Long Beach Aquarium was? Cleaning out the giant protein skimmers. About 10'-12' tall, 2.5' diameter, the first time I worked on them I almost fell in.

squiggly

squiggly

Because, DOCs are (usually) polar, in that they have a hydrophilic 'end' and a hydrophobic 'end' (of the molecule). The hydroPHOBIC end sticks to the bubbles, and is thereupon carried up the water column, where it contributes to making the foam.

The term you're looking for here isn't polar--it is amphiphilic. This means it has a polar end and a non-polar end.

What actually happens is that the bubbles themselves (as in soaps and detergents which are also amphiphilic) form what are known as miscelles which look like this:

micelle.gif

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you! I've never seen a molecular mock-up, only used the devices in various forms. I can't quite make out the smallest notations, but probably don't fully understand them in any event.

I just got squigged. :D

K

kushtrees

I added fish hydrolysate and the foam was gone, took it out and it was back. Plants looked the exact same... foam can be a good sign, but it's no definitive measure of how alive your tea is

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

has anyone seen that movie foam alone 3?

what about foamward bound?

foam is entertaining ~ and I believe has more to do with water temp and oxygen levels than anything else. Everytime I have a res full of water that I let sit for two days w/ aeration I get foam, every time I fill with warm water (which already hold lots of dissolved oxygen) I get foam. But if my water is cold (below 65 degrees), I no get ze foam. IDK, it could be other variables - but that's just what I've noticed, brewing at least 50 gallons a week.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
has anyone seen that movie foam alone 3?

what about foamward bound?

foam is entertaining ~ and I believe has more to do with water temp and oxygen levels than anything else. Everytime I have a res full of water that I let sit for two days w/ aeration I get foam, every time I fill with warm water (which already hold lots of dissolved oxygen) I get foam. But if my water is cold (below 65 degrees), I no get ze foam. IDK, it could be other variables - but that's just what I've noticed, brewing at least 50 gallons a week.

These are the same observations I have.

K

knnthc93

What would be the application rate for 4 gallons if I didn't want to cut it after brew?? Thank you

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
What would be the application rate for 4 gallons if I didn't want to cut it after brew?? Thank you

full strength tea? foliar feed or drench. same application just more concentrated. I do this when I foliar every time (actually I mix it with 50% water if it's running a little thick).

For a drench (like if you have RA), water in full strength. let the tea settle for a few minutes to avoid the talc carrier.

S

sneakyg

Should i be storing your 3 pack at room temperature? Or in the the fridge.
I just picked up the Root Pack Foliar and nute.. 75 bucks for the trifecta free shipping and it arrived in 4 days.. unreal... so stoked to give my 50 day flowering plants this love.. anyways, I don't have wormcastings, but i was wondering if vermiblend will subsitute in a stocking.. i have the molasses, and i plan on adding 4 tablespoons of each the root, foliar, nute to my 5 gallon ACT tea brewer...

S

sneakyg

My current ACT tea recipe which didn't combat my RA problem but seemed like it was good for my plants.. through veg up until 50 days into flower i've been using :

Ingredients:

1lb wormcastings or vermiblend
2 TBS molasses
1 TBS soy-ful
1 TBS Humic acid
1 TBS Fish Hydrolysate
2 TBS Organic Soluble seaweed
2 TBS Earth juice cata
2 TBS primal harvest solution guano
2 TBS Mycorrihzae (i add some sprinkles onto the dirt right before i water with my tea)
5 GAL lukewarm RO or distilled. chloramine free

Blazeoneup PK soil recipe
1 x Bag of Ocean Forest
1 x Bag of Canna Coco
1 X Bag of Happy Frog
1/2 Bag Chunky Perlite
30# Earth worm castings
6 cup pulverized dolomite lime 2-1 Cal/mag ratio
6 cups Bone Meal
3 cups Blood Meal
3 Cups Azomite
3 cups Greensand
3 cups Kelp Meal

Could I use my existing tea recipe to incorporate 4 TBS of each the root , foliar, and nute pack into the above recipe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom