Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
My current ACT tea recipe which didn't combat my RA problem but seemed like it was good for my plants.. through veg up until 50 days into flower i've been using :

Ingredients:

1lb wormcastings or vermiblend
2 TBS molasses
1 TBS soy-ful
1 TBS Humic acid
1 TBS Fish Hydrolysate
2 TBS Organic Soluble seaweed
2 TBS Earth juice cata
2 TBS primal harvest solution guano
2 TBS Mycorrihzae (i add some sprinkles onto the dirt right before i water with my tea)
5 GAL lukewarm RO or distilled. chloramine free

Blazeoneup PK soil recipe
1 x Bag of Ocean Forest
1 x Bag of Canna Coco
1 X Bag of Happy Frog
1/2 Bag Chunky Perlite
30# Earth worm castings
6 cup pulverized dolomite lime 2-1 Cal/mag ratio
6 cups Bone Meal
3 cups Blood Meal
3 Cups Azomite
3 cups Greensand
3 cups Kelp Meal

Could I use my existing tea recipe to incorporate 4 TBS of each the root , foliar, and nute pack into the above recipe?

Yes, but only use 1/4 of the nute pack. The foliar pack has the goods for the RA.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Should i be storing your 3 pack at room temperature? Or in the the fridge.
I just picked up the Root Pack Foliar and nute.. 75 bucks for the trifecta free shipping and it arrived in 4 days.. unreal... so stoked to give my 50 day flowering plants this love.. anyways, I don't have wormcastings, but i was wondering if vermiblend will subsitute in a stocking.. i have the molasses, and i plan on adding 4 tablespoons of each the root, foliar, nute to my 5 gallon ACT tea brewer...

Store in a cool dark place. no direct sunlight. Keep it under 85 and you will use them up way before they start diminishing.

vermiblend should be fine.

pork

pork

using cap's teas with the vermicrop compost tea ingredients makes a huge difference over just the vermi-t...actually makes the tea look like its doing something...

S

sneakyg

I was so excited to get something going while awaiting you're response I had already added 4 TBSP of the root, nute, and foliar. I also added 5 Tablespoons of molasses hibrix. I didn't have straight wormcastings, but I used 3 handfuls of vermiblend in a sock. I don't have any alfalfa. That gonna work or would you suggest adding any other components listed above. I'm not sure what you meant by 1/4 but I'm assuming I could have went 1/4 strength on the nute which would be 1 TBSP for my 4 gallons of water. i'm still new to the tea stuff, and even the most basic concepts, for that i apologize. I'm just so stoked to be on this new feed regimen for life.. the results that i've seen on this site speak for themselves.. can't wait till i have it dialed. I hope adding too much nute doesn't hurt anything.. since i through in 4 TBSP

I started the tea about 3 hours at 75 degree room temperature water had been in a 5 gallon bucket aerating for 48 hours to relieve the chloramines

also sorry if im rambling, im stoned.

S

sneakyg

some pics of what i got going on any advice appreciated.. about 6 dif strains in there from Northern lights to kali mist girl scout cookies purple kush. fought the RA for too long i'm bombing the shit out of the box / house and starting from seed with the bennie packs once a week.. results from you guys are too great to resist.. Once again. THANK you capulator for making this available to the masses.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was so excited to get something going while awaiting you're response I had already added 4 TBSP of the root, nute, and foliar. I also added 5 Tablespoons of molasses hibrix. I didn't have straight wormcastings, but I used 3 handfuls of vermiblend in a sock. I don't have any alfalfa. That gonna work or would you suggest adding any other components listed above. I'm not sure what you meant by 1/4 but I'm assuming I could have went 1/4 strength on the nute which would be 1 TBSP for my 4 gallons of water. i'm still new to the tea stuff, and even the most basic concepts, for that i apologize. I'm just so stoked to be on this new feed regimen for life.. the results that i've seen on this site speak for themselves.. can't wait till i have it dialed. I hope adding too much nute doesn't hurt anything.. since i through in 4 TBSP

I started the tea about 3 hours at 75 degree room temperature water had been in a 5 gallon bucket aerating for 48 hours to relieve the chloramines

also sorry if im rambling, im stoned.

You're all good. Just the molasses is enough to get them going. Let me know how it goes.

S

stealthman2

im running 4 5gal buckets dwc (independent bubble buckets) its roughly 16 gals I have all 3 packs. i used this recipe.

for 10 gal
2 cups h20
2ml molasses
3/8 tsp of all 3 packs (foliar, root, nute)
1.5-3 tbsp ewc ( i didnt have ewc so i skipped this)

so i made it, 3 cups h20, 3ml molasses, 1/2 tsp all 3 packs this was to treat 15 gal which is close enough to 16gal.

is this too concentrated for 16 gal running dwc? i ended up with yellow foam in one bucket and some white foam in the others, i also ended up with snot on the roots so whiteish yellow, one bucket which had the yellow foam on the sides was more yellowy snot than the other buckets, my plants look healthy but it looks very similar to root rot. is this just the tea/bacteria/fungi? the tea was in there for roughly 7 days, is it possible this is just the tea dying? causing slime? my water temp got up to 74. i panicked and decided to swap clean buckets after bleaching every.thing and then running h202 in new water with new nutes in the clean buckets. its been 2 days since i added h202. im brewing tea now (getting ewc in a few hours when the store opens) ill brew it for at least 24 hours. I just dont want to risk root rot and was being precautious, this is my first grow. current water temp is 65, the roots look good and seem to have new growth, but some still look funny/alittle snotty. btw i do not run h202 everyweek, i just used it to sterilize what i thought may be root rot. i know it evaporates out after 24-48 i plan on adding tea after 72 hours at least. btw im in the 3rd week of veg from cuttings.

What is the right recipe for running dwc bubble buckets to treat 10 gals, i heard the full strength tea is too much in terms of making slime? maybe even creating the slime i have?

thanks ahead of time for the help. btw when i first added the tea, i had 1 or 2 roots sticking out. they exploded with growth over the next few days

i bubbled for roughly 24 hours, let settle and skimmed off the top and added to the buckets.

S

stealthman2

edit: it only brewed for 12 hours. perhaps it wasnt long enough and the molasses wasnt consumed and when added to the buckets it fed pythium?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
im running 4 5gal buckets dwc (independent bubble buckets) its roughly 16 gals I have all 3 packs. i used this recipe.

for 10 gal
2 cups h20
2ml molasses
3/8 tsp of all 3 packs (foliar, root, nute)
1.5-3 tbsp ewc ( i didnt have ewc so i skipped this)

so i made it, 3 cups h20, 3ml molasses, 1/2 tsp all 3 packs this was to treat 15 gal which is close enough to 16gal.

is this too concentrated for 16 gal running dwc? i ended up with yellow foam in one bucket and some white foam in the others, i also ended up with snot on the roots so whiteish yellow, one bucket which had the yellow foam on the sides was more yellowy snot than the other buckets, my plants look healthy but it looks very similar to root rot. is this just the tea/bacteria/fungi? the tea was in there for roughly 7 days, is it possible this is just the tea dying? causing slime? my water temp got up to 74. i panicked and decided to swap clean buckets after bleaching every.thing and then running h202 in new water with new nutes in the clean buckets. its been 2 days since i added h202. im brewing tea now (getting ewc in a few hours when the store opens) ill brew it for at least 24 hours. I just dont want to risk root rot and was being precautious, this is my first grow. current water temp is 65, the roots look good and seem to have new growth, but some still look funny/alittle snotty. btw i do not run h202 everyweek, i just used it to sterilize what i thought may be root rot. i know it evaporates out after 24-48 i plan on adding tea after 72 hours at least. btw im in the 3rd week of veg from cuttings.

What is the right recipe for running dwc bubble buckets to treat 10 gals, i heard the full strength tea is too much in terms of making slime? maybe even creating the slime i have?

thanks ahead of time for the help. btw when i first added the tea, i had 1 or 2 roots sticking out. they exploded with growth over the next few days

i bubbled for roughly 24 hours, let settle and skimmed off the top and added to the buckets.

No nute pack in the DWC. Everything else looks ok. Keep me posted. You do not need to run full strength tea in the bucket. That would mean the plants woudl just be growing in full strength tea. Dilute 1 cup tea to 5 gal of water. so 3 cups tea in to your whole system. Make a 1/4 gallon. thats just 1 tsp of the root and foliar packs, and 5 mL of molasses. add like 1/8 cup EWC to that. bubble it in the glass for 24 hours. strain and use. I imagine you would use a smaller container for this instead of a bucket. Something that is taller than it is wide, so you dont have a super shallow puddle to work with.

You may water a little full strength tea in to the crown just enough to saturate what is in the net pot. What medium are you in besides water? What I mean is are you using a net pot and if so whats in it?

K

kushsmoker30

I imagine you would use a smaller container for this instead of a bucket. Something that is taller than it is wide, so you dont have a super shallow puddle to work with.

i was looking into vases 4 small brews, ended up going to the dollar store n got a 2 gal bucket. i do wish i would of found the right vase to rock a lil 1/2 gal brew for the early stages.

S

sneakyg

Update so I should have taken a picture but i forgot.. I watered all the plants with the 24 hour tea

4 Tablespoons root
4 tablespoons foliar
4 tablespoons nute
4 tablespoons molasses
4 gallons of water..

when i got towards the bottom of my 5 gallon bucket, i noticed alot of white build up at the bottom.. It looked like most of the powder had just accumulated into white paste like stuff at the bottom of my bucket. Surprisingly their was very little foam after 24 hours; almost none. I was worried about agitating the bennie packets too much with the wooden spoon when mixing occasionally .. maybe I went about it wrong? Should I have done a better job hand mixing it in? i was worried about being too vigorous with the mixing process .

The white stuff at the bottom of my bucket I scraped with a spoon and top layered on my soil

squiggly

squiggly

Update so I should have taken a picture but i forgot.. I watered all the plants with the 24 hour tea

4 Tablespoons root
4 tablespoons foliar
4 tablespoons nute
4 tablespoons molasses
4 gallons of water..

when i got towards the bottom of my 5 gallon bucket, i noticed alot of white build up at the bottom.. It looked like most of the powder had just accumulated into white paste like stuff at the bottom of my bucket. Surprisingly their was very little foam after 24 hours; almost none. I was worried about agitating the bennie packets too much with the wooden spoon when mixing occasionally .. maybe I went about it wrong? Should I have done a better job hand mixing it in? i was worried about being too vigorous with the mixing process .

The white stuff at the bottom of my bucket I scraped with a spoon and top layered on my soil

The white stuff is just talc, it's what the organisms were packaged in.

If you don't add some type of biological product to break down (kelp, castings, alfalfa meal) it is very unlikely that you will get foam.

Rest assured, if you added that much of each of the packs--there are living bacteria in your brew. Molasses is enough to allow them to grow and multiply.

Foam =/= successful brew.

In fact foam if not properly handled can be a foothold for anaerobic bacteria which are not desirable.

You're fine dude, no worries.

If you really want foam add some organic matter to be broken down to the mix.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

4 Tablespoons root
4 tablespoons foliar
4 tablespoons nute
4 tablespoons molasses
4 gallons of water..

Yeah like squig said... the talc is the carrier. next time break it all up and stir it up good so the solution is cloudy, and when you are done brewing unplug the airpump and let the talc settle. I promise you have plenty of spores in your media now. Reapply in a week.

Wash the talc out of the bucket when done. No need to top dress with it. It can harden on the surface and make watering a little tougher.

If you really REALLY want foam, add a couple of drops of yucca extract surfactant.

squiggly

squiggly

Yeah like squig said... the talc is the carrier. next time break it all up and stir it up good so the solution is cloudy, and when you are done brewing unplug the airpump and let the talc settle. I promise you have plenty of spores in your media now. Reapply in a week.

Wash the talc out of the bucket when done. No need to top dress with it. It can harden on the surface and make watering a little tougher.

If you really REALLY want foam, add a couple of drops of yucca extract surfactant.

Here's how I brew my tea:

I mix up some veg nutes and apply to my vegging plants. I save about 150-250mL of this nutrient mixture and use it as a base for my tea.
My veg nutes are:

30mL/gal PBP grow
1mL/ gal Pro-tekt silica1mL/gal Cal-Mag (I use RO)
1mL/gal Sea Green

So when I have my 150-250mL of this mixture I go ahead and dilute to 5gal and start an airstone in the bucket.

I grab a handful of both alfalafa meal and worm castings and toss those in (I don't fuck with panty hose, I just toss it right in there).

I stir the shit up with a wooden spoon and I let the air stone go at it for an hour or so.

At this point I add in 2 tablespoons molasses.

I then pH the solution to between 6.2 and 6.5pH.

Then 1 tablespoon of foliar pack goes in.

I have foam in the bucket before I even add molasses or bennies. (presumably from sea green and other components).

I come back and stir every hour or so until most of the alfalfa has become water logged and no longer floats atop the foam (I am sure to clear the sides of organic material).

By the time I come to it the next morning it's foaming away and smelling super sweet and earthy. The mark of a good brew :)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here's how I brew my tea:

I mix up some veg nutes and apply to my vegging plants. I save about 150-250mL of this nutrient mixture and use it as a base for my tea.
My veg nutes are:

30mL/gal PBP grow
1mL/ gal Pro-tekt silica1mL/gal Cal-Mag (I use RO)
1mL/gal Sea Green

So when I have my 150-250mL of this mixture I go ahead and dilute to 5gal and start an airstone in the bucket.

I grab a handful of both alfalafa meal and worm castings and toss those in (I don't fuck with panty hose, I just toss it right in there).

I stir the shit up with a wooden spoon and I let the air stone go at it for an hour or so.

At this point I add in 2 tablespoons molasses.

I then pH the solution to between 6.2 and 6.5pH.

Then 1 tablespoon of foliar pack goes in.

I have foam in the bucket before I even add molasses or bennies. (presumably from sea green and other components).

I come back and stir every hour or so until most of the alfalfa has become water logged and no longer floats atop the foam (I am sure to clear the sides of organic material).

By the time I come to it the next morning it's foaming away and smelling super sweet and earthy. The mark of a good brew :)

Nice method!

I keep saying this and I will say it again. I am 99% sure seagreen foams because of yucca extract. I know outwest doubted this due tot he small amount of seagreen being added to water, but I put one drop of yucca extract in my tea the other day and it foamed up exactly like seagreen does the second it hit the water. I'm not bashing seagreen. I use the stuff in my tea as well, but the foam is not an indicator of microbial life.

S

stealthman2

You may water a little full strength tea in to the crown just enough to saturate what is in the net pot. What medium are you in besides water? What I mean is are you using a net pot and if so whats in it?[/quote]

i am using net pots with hydroton (expanded clay pellets)

today we took apart the whole room and removed everything, sprayed with 10 to 1 bleach (10 part water, 1 part bleach), also mopped the floor with 1 to 1. (its covered with vinyl). i also sprayed everything that goes in the room with bleach. we took the roots and gently cleaned them off using light pressure with our fingers and paper towel to remove most of the slime. we then added 2 tsp of h202 to 2 gal of water and let the tops with net pots and plants soak for 30 mins, let dry, refilled with new h202 and water and repeated 2 more times. cleaned all buckets, lines, stones, tops, meters, measuring devices, and anything that would ever be in the room with bleach.

im hoping we caught it early enough, and were able to kill the rot...the tea is gonna be brewing for another 6 hours b4 i can add it. 36 hours

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Anyone ever use dry molasses, composted cane sugar? Picked up 5lb. for $5 and was going to try it in with my brew.
What's your 2 cents? I thought I would just throw it in my tea bag w/ my ewc's and alfalfa.

squiggly

squiggly

Anyone ever use dry molasses, composted cane sugar? Picked up 5lb. for $5 and was going to try it in with my brew.
What's your 2 cents? I thought I would just throw it in my tea bag w/ my ewc's and alfalfa.

Shouldn't make a difference--be sure there are no additives in the molasses that might harm the bacteria.

make sure you add the sugar first so that you can be sure it dissolves.

To that end, you might consider actually creating a molasses solution to add to the res. This might make your measurements a bit more spot on.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You may water a little full strength tea in to the crown just enough to saturate what is in the net pot. What medium are you in besides water? What I mean is are you using a net pot and if so whats in it?

i am using net pots with hydroton (expanded clay pellets)

today we took apart the whole room and removed everything, sprayed with 10 to 1 bleach (10 part water, 1 part bleach), also mopped the floor with 1 to 1. (its covered with vinyl). i also sprayed everything that goes in the room with bleach. we took the roots and gently cleaned them off using light pressure with our fingers and paper towel to remove most of the slime. we then added 2 tsp of h202 to 2 gal of water and let the tops with net pots and plants soak for 30 mins, let dry, refilled with new h202 and water and repeated 2 more times. cleaned all buckets, lines, stones, tops, meters, measuring devices, and anything that would ever be in the room with bleach.

im hoping we caught it early enough, and were able to kill the rot...the tea is gonna be brewing for another 6 hours b4 i can add it. 36 hours[/quote]

lots of people with slime end up winning with the EWC tea. Check gettogros threads. He has a whole detailed strategy if I remember correctly.

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Shouldn't make a difference--be sure there are no additives in the molasses that might harm the bacteria.

make sure you add the sugar first so that you can be sure it dissolves.

To that end, you might consider actually creating a molasses solution to add to the res. This might make your measurements a bit more spot on.
Thanks, I did some more research, it is not actually composted cane sugar but usually a black strap sprayed and dried on cane sugar scraps and roughage, composted to ammend soil and feed. It is cheap and I will try it. Soaked solution sounds nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom