Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stealthman2

its been 24 hours since adding the tea, half poured into each bucket, half into the crown of hydroton. the plants are only 8" and each has several long roots in the dwc, they all started to look slimy again. i know it will take a couple days for the tea to kick in, we added 3/4 cups to each 5 gal bucket, the water is 1" from the bottom of the net pots, we just cut off the slimy roots as they clearly were not taking water or nutes. also our ph jumped from 5.5 to 7.2 in less than 24 hours, i attribute this to dying roots? as i cant figure out another reason why it would jump so high.

Can i add more tea? i brewed more than i needed incase i wanted to run more.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
its been 24 hours since adding the tea, half poured into each bucket, half into the crown of hydroton. the plants are only 8" and each has several long roots in the dwc, they all started to look slimy again. i know it will take a couple days for the tea to kick in, we added 3/4 cups to each 5 gal bucket, the water is 1" from the bottom of the net pots, we just cut off the slimy roots as they clearly were not taking water or nutes. also our ph jumped from 5.5 to 7.2 in less than 24 hours, i attribute this to dying roots? as i cant figure out another reason why it would jump so high.

Can i add more tea? i brewed more than i needed incase i wanted to run more.

Go easy on the tea. the slime is white? that sounds like cyanobacteria.

You may need the one two punch or richieritch's recipe.

Here is the one two punch:
One-Two Punch Directions for a Nasty Reservoir

1 – Add Physan20 to your existing tank at a rate of one teaspoon per 15 gallons of reservoir. This comes out to 1ml of Physan20 for every THREE gallons in your tank. So divide your tank gallon capacity by 3, then add that many ml of Physan20. Run this tank for 3 days. Groovy set up a wholesale account with the manufacturer of Physan20 after we had a nice chat with the owner of that company. They are only 5 miles away from our office. We didn’t pull any punches, we asked what the application rate for MMJ Hydroponic reservoirs would be. The owner let us know that although Physan20 is a poison, in the dilution he recommended it would NOT be toxic to the plants.
Furthermore, he let us know that Physan20 biodegrades into NITROGEN in 3 to 7 days depending on the tank conditions. Therefore he stated that plants will not concentrate and store the toxic elements of Physan20 and will pose no threat upon consumption of the MMJ Crop. For this reason we recommend running the initial dose 3 days, then draining the reservoir to eliminate any traces of Physan to ease your mind, and also to clear out any dead organic matter such as dead algae, fungus, bacteria, and dead root matter.
2 – Mix up a fresh reservoir of your regular nutrient schedule. Lastly, add in 2ml of Hydro-Fungicide per Gallon of your new reservoir. Add the same ratio to any top-off water you add, and replenish the full amount once a week if you haven’t changed your reservoir out yet.

The reason the Physan20 is great to use first ONLY IF your tank is nasty is that the Hydro-Fungicide manufacturers suggested use for a problem tank is an application rate of 20ml per GALLON the first day, decreasing each day by 2ml per gallon until you reach 8ml per gallon and continue that out until 10 days has gone by. This is a very large amount and we dont want to see anyone spend that much to clear up a problem when Physan20 can wack it much more efficiently. In the manufacturers defense, they do state that 'it may be best to clean the tank first'.

Here is ritchie richs:

Here is the solution to your slime problem. Do read through the entire thread if you want to know all the details and other ways to deal with this dreaded problem.

Sterilize--Use Physan20 at 3mL per 25gallons to sterilize and clean.

^^^ that is from my signature. Use those rates for both ^ as indicated. It doesn't take much.

You can run it through a hydro system with plants in it. Run through system for no more than 6 hours, dump, flush and then make new rez. That is how you sterilize your system. Go all chem ferts only!!!!!!! and/or introduce bene bacteria and fungi to system. Read thread for more on that. Run a search through this thread for EWC Tea. You can, also, use the filter posts option in this thread if you click on my screen name above my avatar. Do not use enzyme products. E.g: Hygrozyme, Sensizyme, etc..

I suggest ritchies rates for physan as 1 mL / 3 gal is too much IMHO.

Sorry you got slimed.

-Cap

S

stealthman2

any idea where i can get the stuff asap? ive called all over no one carries it and i want it by tom. maybe ill try calling some garden centers, i figure hd lowes and wally world wont have it.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
any idea where i can get the stuff asap? ive called all over no one carries it and i want it by tom. maybe ill try calling some garden centers, i figure hd lowes and wally world wont have it.
www.ogbiowar.com
I'm pretty sure you can only get it from here.

squiggly

squiggly

www.ogbiowar.com

False--there is an EBay link up (for the farm only) where the packs may be had for reduced cost:

I believe if you buy all 3 packs Cap gives you a discount on shipping as well--but I'll let him confirm/deny that.

S

stealthman2

I
www.ogbiowar.com

I already have the bennies, I was referring to the physan20.

The slime I have starts out clear, then gets milky white and turns yellow after 24/36 hours. Very mucus like. Also I phed down to 5.5 and 3 hours later it was 7.2. I use citric acid as my ph down

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
If you use the code "farmer" you get the same pricing as on ebay.
I read somewhere that cap planned on eventually taking down the ebay page.

S

stealthman2

Thznk
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Physan-20-1...070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c21c801c6[/qu

Thanks for the reply, and the help. I know I can get it online. I was looking for brick and mortar. As I need it by Tom or everything will be dead. Most places can't overnight on a Sunday. I made some calls and gotta drive 1.5 hours to get some Tom. The things we do for our ladies!

I'm gonna snap some pics, and start a new thread with my grow, so I don't clog this thread.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

stop using citric as pH down that will feed the slime. Use phosphoric acid for now. Physan is carried at most plant nurseries. You will not find it in the big stores.

Yes I want to take down the ebay page. They have whacko fees. 10% on the product and the shipping.

squiggly

squiggly

stop using citric as pH down that will feed the slime. Use phosphoric acid for now. Physan is carried at most plant nurseries. You will not find it in the big stores.

Yes I want to take down the ebay page. They have whacko fees. 10% on the product and the shipping.

Why not just take it down then? Already paid into the fees?

If so I can order my next batch from there if you prefer and will recommend the same to my crew.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Why not just take it down then? Already paid into the fees?

If so I can order my next batch from there if you prefer and will recommend the same to my crew.

A lot of people still go there to buy for now. I am trying to get the word out. ebay sales are down 50% (that's good)

L

LEDNewbie

hey cap. so im brewing my first tea with foliar, root and nute pack. plus ewc and alfalfa. looking forward to trying it out. tomorrow will be 24 hrs brewing. can i shut air stone off and then use tea the following day? or does it need to be used asap?

also i plan on using tea at full concentration for my seedlings that are now 4-5 inches tall. is there any issues using tea at full strength as a root drench and foliar spray?

next question is you recommend a ph of 6.5 - 7.0. wich i did. i'm in coco. is it a issue feeding coco that high of a ph once a week?
thanks bud. looking forward to using the tea!!!;)
last question, for now!!! lol... i purchased some maxicrop soluble seaweed powder. think that would be a good addition to the tea with the ewc??

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

I have a couple quick questions.
1.Will mosquito dunks harm the bennies in the root zone?
2.Does the root/foliar packs prevent bud rot?
3When should you stop feeding the foliar/root teas and foliar feeding during the flowering stage?
Thanks!!!!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1) Nope. Mosquito dunks contain bennies (BTi). The foliar pack has lots of this already. may be redundant.
2) Not really. Botrytis is another beast.
3) I stop at end of stretch but everybody's different. :)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey cap. so im brewing my first tea with foliar, root and nute pack. plus ewc and alfalfa. looking forward to trying it out. tomorrow will be 24 hrs brewing. can i shut air stone off and then use tea the following day? or does it need to be used asap?

also i plan on using tea at full concentration for my seedlings that are now 4-5 inches tall. is there any issues using tea at full strength as a root drench and foliar spray?

next question is you recommend a ph of 6.5 - 7.0. wich i did. i'm in coco. is it a issue feeding coco that high of a ph once a week?
thanks bud. looking forward to using the tea!!!;)
last question, for now!!! lol... i purchased some maxicrop soluble seaweed powder. think that would be a good addition to the tea with the ewc??

Use right away. DO NOT SHUT AIRSTONE OFF AND USE NEXT DAY!!!

Spray full concentrate no problem. Dilute for seedlings to 25% tea.

no issue with the coco.

I like alg-a-mic by biobizz for a little extra in the tea. I don't know enough about maxicrop to recommend it.

L

LEDNewbie

Well I hadn't heard from you. So this morning after a 40 hour brew I threw in a little coco wet. Only brewed 1 gallon as I only have the 10 seedlings right now. I dunked the seedlings head first into the tea that way I was sure of total coverage. Then gave the coco a good soaking. The dunk and the watering was at 100% full strength! Let you know how they look after a couple days....

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Use right away. DO NOT SHUT AIRSTONE OFF AND USE NEXT DAY!!!

Spray full concentrate no problem. Dilute for seedlings to 25% tea.

no issue with the coco.

I like alg-a-mic by biobizz for a little extra in the tea. I don't know enough about maxicrop to recommend it.

I've been using small doses of Dip N Gro per Dankworth's dose of .3 ml per gallon, with great success. Will the small amounts of acid effect the microbes in my soil??

Latest posts

Top Bottom