Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stealthman2

has anyone ever used a media/medium for the bennies to attach too? im thinking about kinda running my system as bio buckets, there isnt enough surface space of hydroton to start good colonies i use the 2.5 inch net puts. maybe i can put lava rocks in the bottom of my bucket to give them something to colonize in.

i stole this idea from a long thread on ICmag about brown algae/cyanobacteria slime. CAP referenced one of the posts on this page from richie rich on using physan 20

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

I just got a couple more questions:
1.can I use sm90 as a wetting agent to foliar feed the tea?
2.should I add mollassas to every feed in order to feed the bennies,if so at what rate per gallon?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
has anyone ever used a media/medium for the bennies to attach too? im thinking about kinda running my system as bio buckets, there isnt enough surface space of hydroton to start good colonies i use the 2.5 inch net puts. maybe i can put lava rocks in the bottom of my bucket to give them something to colonize in.

i stole this idea from a long thread on ICmag about brown algae/cyanobacteria slime. CAP referenced one of the posts on this page from richie rich on using physan 20

lava rocks are awesome for housing bennies.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

The brown slime good or bad bacteria? Sometimes when I have tea leftover in my res' and I've been feeding with molasses my air stones are covered in the stuff.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I just got a couple more questions:
1.can I use sm90 as a wetting agent to foliar feed the tea?
2.should I add mollassas to every feed in order to feed the bennies,if so at what rate per gallon?

use yucca extract for surfactant.
2) can you tell me what nutes you are using.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The brown slime good or bad bacteria? Sometimes when I have tea leftover in my res' and I've been feeding with molasses my air stones are covered in the stuff.

depends on the species of brown slime. how are the roots and the plants? too much molasses can cause blooms that will deplete oxygen. less is more.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

depends on the species of brown slime. how are the roots and the plants? too much molasses can cause blooms that will deplete oxygen. less is more.
The plants are fuckin' stellar... Beautiful white roots... No nasty smell from res..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The plants are fuckin' stellar... Beautiful white roots... No nasty smell from res..

well... sounds like everything is fine. You may want to ease back on the molasses still if you are going apeshit with it. 2 mL per gallon is more than enough in a synthetic environment with weekly changeouts IMHO.

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

use yucca extract for surfactant.
2) can you tell me what nutes you are using.
Im growing in pots of canna coco,hand watered,using H&G coco a&b,multi-zyme,roots excel,amino treatment,epson salt,and (alternating) between sea green and drip clean.Oh and a little super trive every now and then.
Is multi-zyme harmful for the bennies,and where can I find the yucca extract?Cant seem to find it in any stores.Thanks so much for being sooooooo helpful!!!:) Youre the bestest!!!!! ;)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
no multi zyme is not harmful, but a good herd should make their own enzymes. No need to add molasses every feeding, but you may want to look in to adding molasses when you are flowering to keep the carbs up in the plant. Lots of info around here on that.

yucca extract you can buy online. http://www.groworganic.com/therm-x70-yucca-extract-1-pint.html

this shits the bomb. I am convinced thats whats in seagreen to make it foam.

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

no multi zyme is not harmful, but a good herd should make their own enzymes. No need to add molasses every feeding, but you may want to look in to adding molasses when you are flowering to keep the carbs up in the plant. Lots of info around here on that.

yucca extract you can buy online. http://www.groworganic.com/therm-x70-yucca-extract-1-pint.html

this shits the bomb. I am convinced thats whats in seagreen to make it foam.
Im going to put in an order for the yucca asap.I really dont want to wait on the yucca to start brewing,so what can u recomend me to use in place of the yucca,until it arrive.something thats easily accessible.

sun

sun

Hello Capulator . I have been seeing alot of this cap bennies. Is it an inoculant?What is this product?

N

Noreastfog

Hi Cap, Apologies if my questions have already been answered, I've been reading like crazy but haven't had time to go all the way through this thread.
I have ordered the three pack and they're on there way. I'm new to brewing teas but hoping to get results like I'm hearing from folks here. I'm pretty comfortable with using this with my soil girls but still need reassurance for my ebb-n-grow. I use hydroton for my medium. I use a chiller to keep my water temps around 68-70. I've heard of people having trouble with any "sugar" based additives with ebb systems. Is it that the sugars are consumed with the tea and don't foul up the lines? Do the bennies thrive at 68-70? I plan to use Sea Green as well, will this "foam" (out of control) in my res? Sea Green question for anyone with experience. My normal weekly res includes my nutes (GH three part last run but switching to Canna or Advanced), Superthrive in veg, SM90 always (stop with the tea), Power Zyme (probs stop as well). As well as others from the GH line including bloom enhancers. My plan is to cut back to a more basic regimen. I have had some sporadic root issues, more recently as bloom progresses. I've increased the SM90, dropped the res temps and added H2O2 but that tends to slow down the girls. I'm hoping the ebb ladies love the teas!

Use all three packs for hydro?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Boom^^
3 hours in..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hi Cap, Apologies if my questions have already been answered, I've been reading like crazy but haven't had time to go all the way through this thread.
I have ordered the three pack and they're on there way. I'm new to brewing teas but hoping to get results like I'm hearing from folks here. I'm pretty comfortable with using this with my soil girls but still need reassurance for my ebb-n-grow. I use hydroton for my medium. I use a chiller to keep my water temps around 68-70. I've heard of people having trouble with any "sugar" based additives with ebb systems. Is it that the sugars are consumed with the tea and don't foul up the lines? Do the bennies thrive at 68-70? I plan to use Sea Green as well, will this "foam" (out of control) in my res? Sea Green question for anyone with experience. My normal weekly res includes my nutes (GH three part last run but switching to Canna or Advanced), Superthrive in veg, SM90 always (stop with the tea), Power Zyme (probs stop as well). As well as others from the GH line including bloom enhancers. My plan is to cut back to a more basic regimen. I have had some sporadic root issues, more recently as bloom progresses. I've increased the SM90, dropped the res temps and added H2O2 but that tends to slow down the girls. I'm hoping the ebb ladies love the teas!

Use all three packs for hydro?

use only the root pack and the foliar if you want to prevent bugs. no nute pack for you in hydroton only.

you can run warmer temps. no sm90, no zyme. you shoudlnt have any foam is you are running 1-2 cups per 5 gallons of res.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Im going to put in an order for the yucca asap.I really dont want to wait on the yucca to start brewing,so what can u recomend me to use in place of the yucca,until it arrive.something thats easily accessible.

You don't really need anything for a surfactant, yes its good but not a necessity. just spray full strength tea or cut it with some water if it is too thick. strain it or let it settle really well so you don' t clog your spray nozzle. :)

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I have a Q for ya Cap

I been brewing my teas for 18 to 24 hrs (love it by the way) and Im trying to schedule myself to be able to be at the grow a few less days a week. Im wondering if it will be good if I brew my teas for 48 hrs instead of 24.
Is there any pros or cons for shorter longer brew times

Thanks in advance
The shit is the shit

Top Bottom