Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
What's up cap?! Hey man I'm new to the whole idea of brewing teas, but it seems awesome! It's definitely something that I want to try. I'm 4 weeks into veg, getting ready to flip in a week or so, and I'd love to use the tea during flower. The ebay link is what I use to grab the nute/root packs right? Probably a silly question, just making sure...

here is the link.

alternatively you can send me cash to save 10% (ebay fees). just hit me up by starting a private conversation if you want to go that route.

B

blueJ

Hello all! Newbie here to this particular site, had to say whats-up and big props to CAPULATOR for doing the legwork to provide these products to the lowly masses! :D Need to make an order, hope you don't mind if I send you a PM sometime soon, my ebay account's goin' wacky on me.

Anways, wanted to chime in on the foaming issue, I see a lot of discussion about either having or not having foam and plenty of "foamers" are correlating this with the addition of Alfalfa. This is due to alfalfa containing a decent amount of Saponins, nothing to do with microbial activity. Try adding a small amount of Yucca Root Powder and watch the bucket overflow with foam in minutes.

I also notice (with no alfalfa) water temps of 70-75F gets me more action and microbial orgy-fest foamage. My ground can be very cold, especially in the winter (40F or lower water temp from faucet) so I use an aquarium heater and set it on the low setting 70F.

I reuse my soil and yeah the fungus gnats started to be annoying and even had some damn larvae make lunch out of half the seeds before they sprouted. I also added nematodes the same time I did my first root/foliar root drench, but within a week I didn't see many flying around at all and the sticky traps are collecting a fraction of the numbers they used to.

Again - Thanks! Great addition to teas & nute pack is replacing the extreme gardening mycos.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I just wanted to thank CAP again for making these bennies and getting me back into ACTs! Also wanted to add that I've had great success adding Epsom salts to my cap foliar application.

catdaddy

catdaddy

hey Cap after i refrigerate, should i let it sit out to reach room temperature or use straight from the fridge? thanks in advance.

S

sicinsane

no pH. it should balance out on its own. If you want to pH to 7.0 prior to adding that is fine, but I don't pH. The earth juice hibrix brings the pH down to like 6.3-6.6 and I leave it at that.

hey cap im about to use the tea with my canna coco. Canna recommends ph between 5.5-6.2 for feedings. For the tea would it matter? should I PH the bennies after im down brewing? or PH after diluting it with the water?

G

gunter.grund

hey cap. i am about to order some kilos of your bennies.

I have to use up a bit of Great White I have left over, but by my next round I will be using your stuff. I don't brew, just mix into my reservoirs.

Is it recommended to use the foliar pack as late as week 6/7? I had an aphid problem that translated into about a 2% loss on my last round. Not the end of the world for sure, but I THINK I may be looking at another battle.

Does anybody else think this waxy shit on the tips of my leaves are aphids? This is the max magnification I am currently capable of.

Waxybug1
Waxybug2

Do you think the foliar pack will be capable of stopping these insidious bitches at this stage?

I am wary of spraying anything at such a late date... even though the bennies i'd be spraying would counter botrytis, the moisture would invite it... seems like a gamble to me.

any thoughts from folks here would be appreciated.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey cap im about to use the tea with my canna coco. Canna recommends ph between 5.5-6.2 for feedings. For the tea would it matter? should I PH the bennies after im down brewing? or PH after diluting it with the water?

just add tea and water as usual. dont pH the bennies.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey Cap after i refrigerate, should i let it sit out to reach room temperature or use straight from the fridge? thanks in advance.

are you refrigerating the packs or the tea? best to use the tea fresh. refrigeration will cause some deterioration.

catdaddy

catdaddy

are you refrigerating the packs or the tea? best to use the tea fresh. refrigeration will cause some deterioration.

the tea. the packs i keep in the dark in the bottom of the cabinet, should i keep them in the fridge?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
no in the dark in the cabinet is great. A cool dry place. the tea is best used fresh. if you use it it does not really need to be at room temperature. the spores and microbes will eventually warm up in the environment they are place in. I recommend not refrigerating and using fresh though.

catdaddy

catdaddy

okay thanks. i just was following the first post but always meant to ask you what you thought about the refrigerating part.

G

Gray Market

Hey cap! Just purchased your packs. I'm running aero, are the impellers gonna chop up the bennies? Also it has a pretty small micron filter inline before the pump.
I was also gonna filter the tea from the bucket through a 220 micron bubble bag into main rez,, is that not good?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap! Just purchased your packs. I'm running aero, are the impellers gonna chop up the bennies? Also it has a pretty small micron filter inline before the pump.
I was also gonna filter the tea from the bucket through a 220 micron bubble bag into main rez,, is that not good?

That sounds good to me. You are on a new frontier. I have not run in aero, so let me know how it goes! I do not recommend the nute pack in aero, since it is pure hydro .

G

Gray Market

Do u think the impeller is gonna kill/chop up all the bennies when the pump turns on?
Also if I was to strain with a 220 bubble bag is that too small where I am going to strain out all the life?
Thanks for your help!

D

devilsshare

has anyone seen any difference, as far as pest and disease control, between brewing the teas or using the foliar pack straight out of the bag at full dosage? Im wondering if the specific microbes that are aimed at controlling bugs and mildew brew well, or if they are perhaps outcompeted by the other microbes found in the root pack or even in the earthworm castings. Ive just began using the teas both in the medium and as a foliar and will be looking to see their effectiveness. Ive tried using the foliar pack powder for spraying without brewing but with my brewing system its just easier to use the tea already brewing as a foliar as opposed to mixing a separate batch to spray. Anyone out there tried both methods and noticed any difference?

C

cctt

has anyone seen any difference, as far as pest and disease control, between brewing the teas or using the foliar pack straight out of the bag at full dosage? Im wondering if the specific microbes that are aimed at controlling bugs and mildew brew well, or if they are perhaps outcompeted by the other microbes found in the root pack or even in the earthworm castings. Ive just began using the teas both in the medium and as a foliar and will be looking to see their effectiveness. Ive tried using the foliar pack powder for spraying without brewing but with my brewing system its just easier to use the tea already brewing as a foliar as opposed to mixing a separate batch to spray. Anyone out there tried both methods and noticed any difference?
I've been wondering the same. I have not wanted to post about it, as this is unsubstantiated, but I've been getting the feeling that using the foliar pack directly may be more effective than using it in a tea that becomes bacterially-dominant.
If the purpose of the tea is to awaken the spores before application, what is the advantage of this rather than letting them lie dormant in the grow medium until the conditions there suit them? Won't spores be effective longer if they're not forced to activate prematurely, then most likely die?
If anyone has quantitative information here, I'd be very interested.

D

devilsshare

I've been wondering the same. I have not wanted to post about it, as this is unsubstantiated, but I've been getting the feeling that using the foliar pack directly may be more effective than using it in a tea that becomes bacterially-dominant.
If the purpose of the tea is to awaken the spores before application, what is the advantage of this rather than letting them lie dormant in the grow medium until the conditions there suit them? Won't spores be effective longer if they're not forced to activate prematurely, then most likely die?
If anyone has quantitative information here, I'd be very interested.

im guessing ur probably right, it makes sense at least. I didnt want to give in to reason because its so much easier (and cheaper) to just pour some tea into my sprayer than to use a full dosage of the foliar pack and let the talc settle out. plus ive never really been able to make a fungal dominant tea through all these years (at least with the pH going down as opposed to up) so it all makes sense. Thanks for ur input.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Good question. I'll ask.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

a month ago i had sticky traps full of gnats. i declared war finally and started applying the shit out of the bennies. i only brewed a tea once over the past month, but used scoops of root and foliar in every other feeding.

my last sticky has been hanging for 4 days and does not have 1 single gnat on it, i just checked.

Top Bottom