Teaching and learning.

• Thread starter bobismyfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time consumer and grower, but a first time poster. Many months have been spent debating the desire to share information in public. I chose the farmer for the SSL and image policy.

Although I have read the T&C carefully I may have inadvertently broken a rule in this, my first post. If I did, I will gladly rectify my mistake.

I will post images as I get further along in my security protocol, just to get used to this multiplicity.
The following is my current list of items I would like to further teach and learn about. It is not complete and very much under construction.

1. browse and post safe - not always done easily and not easily done - be aware that encryption atracts attention : i dont like TOR/TAILS - avast,malware, vpn, sandboxie, truecrypt, new email, no JS, - for ultra paranoid - anon 3G - do your business and then go back to your normal personality.
1.B. be safe - be aware that you are doing something illegal and maybe caught, then it wont be a surprise - watch 'never get busted' for the basics. burn stuff, dont leave things lying around, dont skulk around the grow at night, dont ever open the door to cops, dont talk to the cops, get a good lawyers number and let him talk for you, save money for a lawyer, order grow supplies offline and with cash, dont sell, dont tell, install automatic fire extinguishers - they're cheap.
2. get AC - i spent 500 eurobucks on PnP AC - make a stand in a tent. If you can buy a magnum357plus, then you can also spend the same money on an AC and a year of power for it.
3. LED - most work, most create lots of heat. /w AC distance to plants is tiny and results are much much bettter. I have many LED - Magnum 357plus - Blackstar 2013 - Apollo 2012 - Progrow 2013 - DutchHeadShop small - but think hps + AC is FAR the best solution - i would not be able to stack enough leds in my tents for the HPS i can put in and AC.
Veg is fine under led. Roots seem to explode under my magnum plus.
4. led+hps = amazing - working on setting up a space for led at the top and Heath Robinson tree grow with naked vertical hanging bulbs. current is single vert bulb. adding 250 x 2 or 400 x 2
5. fim not top
6. led/hps + autopot + bubble domes + autoflower = beginner winner. (set and forget) mine is pushing up daisies! for real!
7. PH = not always adjust. 2-3 daily. let it rise through a small curve.
8. let them be. if you're a watcher, get a camera you can control remotely and try not to open the room.
9. get CO2. bottles and burners. get both. burners are a pain in summer with no AC. bottles = 10000pm @ 2hours = spint and all life killers. big bottles last forever. Gtools with no AC (meaning I vent lots) and a 34KG CO2 @18h for Autos - going for 2 months and no recharge yet.
10. cant help you with nutes. i run dutchpro. its great.
11. i currently run hydro, aero/ultraponic, ghe waterfarm, airpot, autogrow simultaneous in a Gtools,2 custom bubbleponic, all in ; 1m x 1m tent, 2.4m x 2.4m tent and prepping 12m x 4 m x 4m that's holding some of it for open tree grows. the height is key. full trees need height!
12. get digital ballasts. everytime my ballasts cycled the whole complex had a minute but perceptible tremor in the lights. gone with digital.
13. Dont do 24hour light. give darkness. mini 4hrs.
14. i also run 2 x 300w induction bloom in between the magnums
15. magnum broke a power supply, they're sending multiple replacements.
16. use diotomaceous earth + co2 = total bug control
17. autoflowers are a good first choice. but not high resin without co2. with co2 my 4 auto big bud are filling up the large gtools.
18. i don't smoke anymore, so for me its all about the resin. no flush. 110 % EC @ 2.5, harvest directly off the plant, portion per week use, freeze in turkey bags, use tami (15-20 sec run max) or qwet wash (3-5mins) (on frozen buds, shake till very lightly green. the chlorophyl will deteriorate in less then a day in open air). chuck and burn the cellulose remains.
19. for bho use a tamisium. with a tami, first distill the butane several times. don't use non distilled gas in a metal/glass tube. its bad for you.
20. for better alternative use 96.5% ethanol. if expensive, use tami first and ethanol next.
21. for fully non solvent use dry/wet(messy) ice method.
22. don't heat your Ti too hot.
23. HE new domeless nail is much better for temps then the big boy 29mm Ti nail. I sure wish that HE would make the electronic nail international.
24. Migrant works, you are the man. And then some.
25. food grade limonene is where its at for cleaning glass. Or go for the Grunge off for outside US.
thank the gods for aqualabtechnologies. very reasonable shipping international and phenomenal packaging.
26. Skunkpharm's Greywolf and Heath Robinson are to be blamed for my current desire to add to desire for clear and simple advice.
27. invest in a good quality waterproof EC/PH/PPT meter and CALIBRATE it. put a piece of duct tape on it and write down the date. get a second cheap ph meter and calibrate it the same. check your mixes and then don't screw around with them for several days.
28. if you use RO (recommended only for high EC water.) be aware of CA/MG deficiency towards mid flowering. add Epsom salt.
29. beware the price of CO2 sensors - they're fragile and expensive.
30. burners with a pilot will continue to raise CO2 like hotbox. adding a ventilation system with non return valves for the floor level inlet is needed to prevent CO2 overdose at night.
31. I don't like bio or organic. its not food, everything is filtered by the plant anyway and i don't consume the cellulose that captures it all. too many bugs in organic. too many worms, teas, mixes, melanges etc. too little proper science, too much hot air.
32. As Heath Robinson : he grows with EC 1 and tap water and he does fine.
33. In the European union currently it is legal in all countries to receive seeds sent from the countries that legally can send them.
34. turn the HIDs off when working on them. wait 20-30 mins for respark.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

So that is a bit of a messy list. I'll go down and expand point per point.

1. Safety online

-There are plenty of posts that will explain which softwares to use. Plenty of people say Tor/Tails is a good way to go. I would submit that as mentioned in the Tails FAQ, the encryption makes you more visible. A safer alternative is to use a free vpn service.
-First make a VPN connection. Make sure you are signed out of ALL social sites and signed out in your chrome browser! Turn off auto sign in. Run a sandboxie browser. Make sure to add the Autodelete=yes in the sandboxie pref.ini! Then make a new email address while connected via VPN. Use the email to sign up for your favorite forums. Use a secure password for the email.
-Don't get your personas mixed up. Do your posting via the VPN and then disconnect and use your normal internet connection. Don't check your alternative email over an open connection. Don't use youtube while on VPN! Don't use Javascript and use a script blocker if unsure.
-No security will hold up to being watched over time, as data behavior will reveal you.
-Strip all metadata from images. If you must keep the data on your drive, encrypt it. Truecrypt is free and very hard to crack. In europe, except for suspected terrorists, you dont have to give the password. And even then you'll get max 2 years for obstructing and that might be better then the actual consequences if the information is revealed. If you're truly paranoid, you can nest a second OS inside the encryption and that gives you total deniability. The law should not be able to show that there is another shadow OS hiding on your drive.
-Another nice way to remain unseen is to post over a pay as you go 3G sim chip connection. Not all countries allow you to stay anonymous when buying a chip.
-If you're a stoner whom forgets this stuff, just get a cheap second hand laptop and set that up totally encrypted, with all the countermeasures mentioned before. Then you only use that device as your hidden personality.

1.b. Safety offline

-Be safety minded. Wear nitrile gloves while handling plants, chemicals and tools . Stronger and non allergenic then latex. Some pairs go for weeks. Get a workers overall and wear it when working on the plants. Get some mountaineering sun-glasses or if you have lots of light some automatic welders glasses and leave them with your green headlamp when leaving! Tape off most of your green headlamp. Even on low the intensity is much too high, especially if you hold the beam over a spot long enough you will exceed the maximum 'moonlight' allowance.
-Watch 'never get busted' for some good tips on how not to be. Get rid of all boxes, receipts, manuals, labels of bottles(make them spend money on determining what stuff is, dont help them out), wrappers, bags, buckets, drug paraphernalia as soon as you can. Burn what you can, make small bags of the remaining stuff and go to public bins. Don't store leaf and stem material. Use it and burn the remains. If you can, save extract in an unlabeled container and not fresh bud. Have separate tools, scissors, measuring cups, mixers etc. for your grow and don't mix them with your regular tool. Use a toolbox just for your grow. The resin permeates very easily. Don't open the door to police. If they dont have a warrant, dont open the door. EVER. This is worldwide advice. I have been hassled by police in a fair few countries and they universally tried those tactics. From canada, to america and holland, belgium(particularly persistent.) and france, even australia. They show up, you open the door and thats all she wrote. If you can, have a non-resident answer the door. They dont even have the right to open the door and let people in, as its not their property.
-Be aware that you are doing something illegal. Even in holland. I'm dutch and I got stopped 5 meters outside the coffee-shop and had no more then the allowed 5 grams. Still, I was made to pay 250 euros fine and lost the purchase to him as well. Be prepared for more severe punishment, pay the price, learn from it.
-If you are growing more then a few hundred grams, then get a lawyer briefed. Have a number on the ready when something happens. Don't be surprised, because you will panic and admit things you should not. Save some money up, or better prepay the rider for the lawyer. This might seem overkill anywhere but the USA. However, after the 3rd police interview, i started bringing lawyers in belgium and holland as well.
-Don't antagonize police or try to have a rapport with them. What ever they say and/or are doing is just their job. Know your rights and stay calm. Let your lawyer talk. It will save you money and time. Lots of time.
-Order grow supplies over the phone, or off-line and pay cash. That being said, I have used the internet and feel that too much subterfuge might attract unwanted attention.
-Get some automatic fire-extinguishers and hang them over your electrical panel(s). Run independent electric for light/fan combo.
-Lastly, no sell, no tell. Dont sell it. That's what gets you caught. Dont tell anyone your growing. That's what gets you caught.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

DSCN4515
DSCN4517
DSCN4518
DSCN4522
DSCN4523
DSCN4524
DSCN4525
DSCN4526
DSCN4527
DSCN4528
DSCN4529
DSCN4530
DSCN4531
DSCN4532
DSCN4533
DSCN4534
DSCN4535

DSCN4536
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

The G-Tools is a 110% 600 Philips greenpower in a cooltube. The plants are Auto Big Bud. week 9-10. Got too big for the hydro so hand watering and hovering daily. The plants are amazingly strong. nothing seems to kill them. I was very hard on them, atmosphere wise. no Bugs of course. but with co2. and no AC. The Gtools is really amazing. Its soo Quiet, it will make you cry for all your other crap. Its modular, so make sure you get the exact config you want, but man their fans are so much quieter then all the other stuff, not including suspended squirrel cage, just inline.
It's lower then I would have wanted and and it is a little clumsy trying to work in. But you can put one in the living room and you would never notice whats inside.
Gee, didn't intend to promote them like that. Just wanted to point out the Auto Big Bud seeds are killer. I also can tell you that their other autos are not very auto. they got moved to the led tent for 12/12. I have a Auto Ultra Lemon Haze and it just kept growing. It's going to get enormous.
Also a chopped mat Pure Power Plant.
I actually now prefer transparent containers, i can see the water color change from food to no food to green. Like an aquarium. See all the equipment in one go. Not keen yet on trusting everything to one or the other chinese manufactured 2$ piece of crap. I'm starting to see the value of heath robinson's and doubled's 1 (really big, really reliable) pump, run on tap water philosophy.

That the Auto Big Bud would be a shrub was a surprise, the images on the net show a single stalk. No tipping or fimming was done. One main stem was broken 90 degrees to avoid overgrow. I have now had to trim buds, because its too dense and it's luxurious to live from fresh bud extract.

Also, another LED panel broke, this time its the progrow X5 from hydroponicshut.
I'm getting very much less keen on these things. Already ordered sets for 2x 250 w hps + 2 x 400w hps digital vertical naked bulbs. Damnit, gotta have a backup for everything.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Just finished adding a vertically suspended 110% gavita 600w philips greenpower to the AC tent, in preparation of moving the broken leds out. Damn, all these leds are loud. They all use tiny, cheap PC case fans running at crazy speeds. And I wonder if 900W induction bulbs for one plant will do anything more then add heat. But all these alternatives are just so damn expensive. And fragile it seems.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Another picture update :

The clones before they get pivoted to make room for more lights. The seeds are having a rough time with the early flip. Those clones are rock solid. Mom's in the other corner.
DSCN4546

A shot of the leds over the ultraponic system. Blackstar 2013 and Apollo.
DSCN4549

Close-up of a clone. Spectacular clone : all growing as a uniform row. Makes it look like I'm a pro!
DSCN4548

The two lights together, with the new 600 watt in the background.
DSCN4547

Under the failing ProGrow X5 light. Only red remains. Luckily i've got extra lights now.
DSCN4550

Incredible - After only 2 weeks in the flowering room this (not very) Auto Ultra Lemon Haze is exploding. Unreal quick resin production.
DSCN4552

The Pure Power Plant has recovered and looks great .
DSCN4554

PPP backlit
DSCN4555

Not taking chances and using HPS is a good plan.
DSCN4556

Modified WaterFarm, note the dual hoses.
DSCN4559

Almost ready.
DSCN4560

DSCN4561

The new ceramic airpump. Man those are some serious bubbles!
DSCN4558

New air pump in action!
DSCN4557

DSCN4563
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Part 2 of the update :

I think this is a White Widow. It's been fimmed many times.

DSCN4564

DSCN4563

DSCN4568
DSCN4567
DSCN4569
DSCN4566
DSCN4570

DSCN4571

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

2. Air Conditioning
- Get a split AC unit. It seems like a hassle, but it is not.
- They seem expensive. Well, I purchased a supermarket brand Plug 'n Play unit for 500 euro. So easy to install it's laughable. Wiring a ballast is harder.
- Expensive to run. That is very much in the eye of the beholder. It's so cool in my space that the 660 Watt lights hang only inches away from leaf. The yield will be much higher because I can simulate the cooling of the seasons stress at the end. Equipment will live much longer as it runs at low temps (22-24 C)
- You don't need cooling. That's a myth. LEDs and induction produced much more heat then you think. Enough for me to get AC. The amount of LED you need per surface area covered makes them only slightly less hot then HPS. And what is with their design ? All the LEDs I have suck in air through the top... So they suck in hot air to cool the panel. Mine are going to go naked very shortly. All metal, fans and glass removed.
- You'll have to build a custom stand for the unit if you use a tent. This is the only tricky bit if you're not a DIY person. But I'm sure that a sturdy converted cabinet will do fine. Great to support your CO2 burner as well.

Ac keeps all my res's cool as well. It cools the heat from the CO2 burner. Lowers the evaporation rate with low temps. Keeps the moisture perfect at 65%. Recycle the condensation back into res as it is distilled water.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

And as I just learned : don't put your CO2 burner under your split AC unit, the pilot light is enough to cause the evaporator heat-sink to freeze up. Solution - raise the AC unit temp, defrost the evaporator (unplug for 5 mins) and move the CO2 burner. Easy.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Just a Quick update with some results of an Tamisium extraction - frozen fresh big bud auto, inverted column for 30 minutes as directed by GrayWolf. However I thought this was long. It smelled almost too far and there is some chloro and lipids in there.

love that butane vacuum evaporation. I agree its not the most convenient vessel to pour out of that bottom Tami vessel. Messy transfers. Rinse with ethanol.

DSCN4572

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

After a day in the blazing sunshine outside in a borosilicate dish the chlorophyll is mostly gone.
DSCN4579

teeker

teeker

everything looks great! EXCEPT, now *dont take it the wrong way*, but the first pic in the thread looks like a hoarders version of a grow tent! 9 lights, 2 or 3 power bars, timers, etc and a squirrels nest of a wire mess all in your tent!

as someone who works with wire harnesses, and electrical systems, i look at that and almost CRY! i wanna come over and re arrange it all myself haha.

you need some corrugated wire loom and zip ties, make that stuff look proper, and make it a much safer place!
-------------

hows that oil smoke? looks tasty

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

hey there teeker,

thanks for your input.
It really is a hoarders tent. It's where the large plants were gonna go from the Gtools. It's the space where I test equipment and setups. It's too low still. The reason its a wiry mess is simple. First - many led a needed cuz they're shit. And because TWO are now broken powersuppliesthanksverymuch, I have had to add more lights and then subtract after I added and the got used to different lights. One Led is going back to the factory, so bye bye for a month. Second - the cables hanging is on purpose. Before when we bundled all those lines together, there was a regular overload on those extensions.Now I broke the space down into different wiring groups. Lights, Pumps, misc /24/7. Each have different lines with separate breakers etc. the lines hang down and are so 'messy' to create maxium fuzzy logic! much less electronic flux next to one another and the aircon can easily cool that. very very safe. Also, yesterday 2 medium size automatic fire extinguishers were suspended with chains over the main tent. cuz I don't like counting luck. I will grab pics today and add them for your peace of mind.

The oil is surprisingly good in high, but it feels very early still as there is not a heavy stone yet. I started a flush in the Gtools with the BigBudAutos. See if that shocks them in to a final push.

teeker

teeker

phew! its an organized mess...okay okay lol makes me feel better!

love the automatic fire extinguisher idea, im looking at a small one actually.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

I had a chance to get some shots of the fire safety setup. While at the Gtools I took some shots of the BigBudAuto canopy which is looking pretty decent. It's slowly advancing. Not a fast finisher by a long shot.

DSCN4580

Two medium sized units for this 2.4m x 2.4m tent, its a little overkill but then the AC has frozen 3 times already.

DSCN4581

The central chain holds up the central tent frame. Wouldn't be safe otherwise.
DSCN4582

The extra safety is good with these naked HPS bulbs. And they are pretty cheap in fact. Considering the other consequences...

DSCN4588

Let me remind you : this is 4 BigBudAuto plants. They just keep going and going. I think one, two and three weeks still remaining. That puts some of them at 12-13 weeks. W/ hydro and CO2. So they are slower then advertised. But damnation they produce a lot of buds.

DSCN4589

The small extinguisher units over the Gtools. Chanis make it go exactly where I want.

DSCN4591

That's a little meager after 11 weeks. It's not bad, but it's in the 10-15% range. For that much time and that much light (remember that the light is on 20 hours a day) and thus extra money, it seems not quite what I am looking for. Rock solid plant, highly recommended but for me the Search continues.

DSCN4593

DSCN4594

DSCN4595

DSCN4598

DSCN4596

DSCN4599

This one is not even producing resin yet and is at least 3 weeks away. Stopped feeding regardless, everything went into a prelim flush.

DSCN4600

DSCN4601

But an astounding result for a quick test run of the equipment and a nice skill refresher. Easy on the upkeep.

DSCN4601

DSCN4604

I'll post some images from the tent tomorrow. Seems like the little seedlings have recovered from the early flowering shock and are bushing up a little more. The Auto UltraLemonHaze is budding out super fast. Amazing plant. Not really Auto, but reacts extremely well to 12/12. Like oulala good.

DSCN4583
DSCN4590
DSCN4603
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Before the rips, Just after the clean.

Thank you Migrant Works for making impeccable glass.
Thank you Highly Educated for making precision nails, especially the dome less.
Thank you Aquatechnologies for making the adapters that make it all sing and then sell it all to international clients and ship perfectly.
Ow and Thank you to Grunge Off, for shake free cleaning.

DSCN4605

DSCN4606

DSCN4608

DSCN4607
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

I just had a chance to put some trichs under a proper microscope and disappointingly they're all still crystal clear on the most advanced BigBudAuto. Not fast by a long shot. It's being overtaken by other plants that are younger.

Ah, forgot to take pictures if the UltraLemonHaze. Will post after the next round of changes. The drip table is getting removed. Shrub is getting a homebrew bubbleponics pot. Remaining plants are airpots.

619ster

619ster

Wow man straight madness going on up in there lol. And very nice glass collection. I suggest you look into genetics to grow right here at the Farm. Or get familiar with the "QUALITY" breeders that are available at other seed vendor sites. I have not had very much luck purchasing from Euro breeders for the most part. However I do have a Pineapple Express keeper from G13 Labs, and Reserva Privada/DNA has done ok. I hear/see great things of Karma genetics but have yet to try his gear which I really want to. Sannie's has good strains as well which always seem to perform great. But for the most part, any Cali breeders work that I've allowed in my garden has been a pleasure to grow, and not a waste of time and space like how I've felt about these other breeders work. I think the Spanish breeders do good work too though. I've only grown their freebies, but have always been satisfied with my Dinafem plants. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Will try to keep up with the mayhem LOLOL!!!

Oh and you have some great lights to add to flower for getting great spectrums. I really like your idea of vert bulbs with LED top lighting. I blend HPS and LEDs myself and have GREAT results IMO. Anyway, keep up the GREEN work. Peace!

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Security Addendum - In addition to previous stated measure, I would like to add something that was recently brought to my attention.
That is Javascript. Many sites, including this one, use Javascript for loaders, logins etc. My source pointed out that all measures withstanding, certain sites can penetrate all this and block perfectly masked account registrations. We surmise it to be JavaScript.
Thus the current security update is : Do not use Javascipt and do use noscript or scriptno.

Top Bottom