Tell Me About Violator Kush...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A buddy just stopped by with a gift basket of goodies for my back which I threw out yesterday... And part of it Is a Violator Kush plant, taken from a plant which apparently took a victory in some BC cup in the lower mainland not long ago. Fuzzy on the details as I'm taking cyclobenzaprene and cant remember our whole conversation lol. But allegedly it's the bomb.

Sitting in quarantine right now as it has thrips...

Anyone grown it? Hows it stack up?
I have a question about VK? Is the Hindu Kush in it the same as the Barny's Farm 8 Ball Kush?

8-Ball's about my favorite smoke I've grown so far! unfortunately it gives me a little bit of a cough, but I'm curious if it's the one used in the VK cross cuz I would definitely try it, thanks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a question about VK? Is the Hindu Kush in it the same as the Barny's Farm 8 Ball Kush?

8-Ball's about my favorite smoke I've grown so far! unfortunately it gives me a little bit of a cough, but I'm curious if it's the one used in the VK cross cuz I would definitely try it, thanks
Couldnt tell ya but now I'm curious too lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I looked it up a little more I don't think it is. I've seen eight ball called Hindu Kush which is what rang the bell but this is what I got from the Barney's site

8ball
Screenshot 20191121 195353 Chrome

VK
Screenshot 20191121 195426 Chrome

That 8 Ball Kush taste like black pepper and hashish and it's Stoney AF definitely one of my favorites but it's also got a little cough to it :/ I'm still interested in the VK

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah VK has a very distinctive hashy/kushy aroma and tastes like it smells. No black pepper aroma really which I believe is caryophyllene..
VK is heavy on myrcene.

Although it might produce more of the black pepper aroma under sunlight or with supplemental UV. Caryophyllene is a sequiterpene and artificial lights dont produce them as much as they do monoterpenes without added UV.

BigCube

BigCube

If you guys were going for straight up flavor, what would you grow?

I'd say SLH or Blueberry Kush myself. But next time you ask me it'd be different lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If you guys were going for straight up flavor, what would you grow?

I'd say SLH or Blueberry Kush myself. But next time you ask me it'd be different lol

I'd have to say the old school shiskaberry or the purps. But I havent seen either of those around here in over 15 years.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man I forgot about shiskaberry. Is it still around?
A couple people have it under tight wraps, but nothing available to the public. Breeder Steve has been out of the game for a while. When all the clone factories got raided in Maple ridge back in 2005 a ton of those great strains were lost forever.

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Just figured I'd update this thread, Violator kush has been run through a cycle and it's all I'm smoking. I love it. The cut I have is extremely strong and equally tasty A++
Pic would be sweet u grow some dank herb

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Pic would be sweet u grow some dank herb

I'll be honest, pics dont do it justice. The flavor and aroma are what really sets it apart. Buds dont look that spectacular. Especially from the last crop as I stunted them a bit mid flower with a broken sulphur burner which fried the stigmas..
The next round should be a little different.

Here it is from the last crop.
20191014 113613

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

I'll be honest, pics dont do it justice. The flavor and aroma are what really sets it apart. Buds dont look that spectacular. Especially from the last crop as I stunted them a bit mid flower with a broken sulphur burner which fried the stigmas..
The next round should be a little different.

Here it is from the last crop.View attachment 923850
They look awesome! Thanks for posting pic not much info out there on the strain. I had two outdoor last summer. Both pheno or gnome type which ever its called folks have opinionson that. One tall and stretchy and one short and bushy of which short one was destroyed by wind and tall one I just couldn't keep it healthy in flowering. Very nice job on ur VK and thanks for shariing pics

Top Bottom