temp swings; cool temps w lights on good?

• Thread starter mdTHC420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mdTHC420

hey farmers,

quick question to pose to you all. what in ur opinion are optimal temp ranges with light on and off? is there an advantage or disadvantage if i could cool my flower room to mid 50s with the lights on every so often? how crucial is it to keep the temp ranges within 20 or so of one another?

thanks much

M

morov

Swings that big can cause different issues like deficiencies/lockout. Try to keep the swings under 10degF. My dialed in optimal day temp is around 75F and night around 70. Also watch RH swings. Relative humidity swings of greater than 10% have always given me strange problems.

However, big temp swings in the last few weeks of bloom, keeping low temps at night have always given my buds a slight purple tint.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

morov was right on i go from 75 to 65 at night
i would have to guess that if it gets warmer at night the ladies would get confused
nothing is worse than confused bitches

G

Green Supreme

I find that with 20 degrees difference from lights on too lights off I get some very nice coloring. Peace GS

420king-MASSES

I find that with 20 degrees difference from lights on too lights off I get some very nice coloring. Peace GS

i agree with you brotha my room lights out in winter is 57 degrees and tops out at 83.2 my humidity max/min is 36/57 go check my threads to see the results also please feel free to post a comment in them:bongsmi:

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

im running aero so i worry about my water getting to cold
if doing soil or even hydro you should go ok goin 20 degrees

420king-MASSES

i ran aeroponics for 2-3 years with no issues of water temps aa well as top feed dwc all in the same conditions if not colder

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i had some root rot problems last summer when i got real hot and my ac couldnt keep up. invested in these and had some stunting going on when it got to cold over the winter
2010 12 30 15 50 38 7211

G

growgrow

has anyone seen smaller yields because of a low temp.... im in san diego but my night temps have been around 60 and day time temps get up to around 72 or so. Normally in my last week of flower (right now) i get much more girth in my top buds. Is 60 too low you think?

Grow

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

growgrow
night temps are ok if they dip down
74 is where i keep my stuff
from what you said your temps are right where they need to be

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
has anyone seen smaller yields because of a low temp.... im in san diego but my night temps have been around 60 and day time temps get up to around 72 or so. Normally in my last week of flower (right now) i get much more girth in my top buds. Is 60 too low you think?

Grow
Yes, absolutely I have, and it absolutely will cut into your yield. However, the 60F is what I was seeing with lights-on, and into the 40s at lights-off. 72F is still too low in my opinion, my girls usually back me up on this, too.

homebrew420

homebrew420

sea, you are correst in my eyes. I have noticed the same. temp that low are only good for quick bursts to get the colors to come out. Not extended periods of time. Try to keep at no lower than 75. At least for the majority of flowering.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

3 degree diff really that big???
to me it would matter more if you were running co2
if no co2 then your fine
if you are running co2 maybe bump the temp up a lil bit

deacon1503

deacon1503

kinda a newbie article but itll do

Quoted from link:

"Assuming genetics is not a factor, marijuana plants seem to be able to absorb more light at higher temps, perhaps up to 90 degrees. High light and CO2 levels could make this go as high as 95 degrees for increased marijuana growth speed.* An optimum of 95 degrees is new data that assumes very-high light, CO2 enrichment of 1500 ppm and good regular venting to keep humidity down."

ah, say whaaat? :thinking

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Quoted from link:

"Assuming genetics is not a factor, marijuana plants seem to be able to absorb more light at higher temps, perhaps up to 90 degrees. High light and CO2 levels could make this go as high as 95 degrees for increased marijuana growth speed.* An optimum of 95 degrees is new data that assumes very-high light, CO2 enrichment of 1500 ppm and good regular venting to keep humidity down."

ah, say whaaat? :thinking
always wanted to try this set up
down side is one little thing goes wrong and your pretty much done for
would hate to leave the ladies sitting in 95 degrees with no co2

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've actually had less trouble and seen better performance from the girls if it inches up closer to that mark than I have with the cooler temps. Growth just shuts down once it gets to a certain level on either side of the spectrum, but this summer I did my first indoor flowering run and had problems keeping temps down, we hit the low 90s every day and bloody fucking hell if it wasn't one of my best indoor runs to date. But, the way my room is set up I can't really add the CO2. Too bad because we own a few bottles and regulators from my husband's homebrewing. Still got the kegerator he built, too, and this year he told me he's not going to homebrew anymore. This, after I got him that grain mill. Guess I'll be learning more about how to make breads with home-milled grains.
low temps=tight dense buds
Temps that are too low can equal larf just as easily as temps that are too high. I've spent too much time fucking around with this to believe otherwise, I swear to God.

G

growgrow

thanks guys... ill post some pics soon but i got some very nice coloration... jsut not as much yeild as i expected... oh well.... next time :)

purpleberry

purpleberry

I got one strain that will get really dense and frosty the colder it is. Warmer temps it will yield more but the quality goes down. Temp really effects that strain.
In a sealed romm ive really been trying to run higher temps, humidity and Co2 the begining of flower and cut them all back later in flower as much as possible, to bring out the color and frost. I need a bigger a/c and dehumidifier to have more control, lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom