Temperature inside tent basement grow

• Thread starter Franco74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Franco74

Franco74

Hello all, first inside tent basement grow with led lights on my temp is only 68.2 is this ok to start plants in basement is about 71

dred

dred

I start mine about there
gets colder at lights out
im normally 70 to 72 during veg
i have more light for flower then it gets 77ish

should grow would likely grow faster another 5 to 10f

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I start at around 85 during early veg and slowly lower it to 79 for transition and then slowly lower to 75 by late flower and for the last 2-3 weeks i turn off the heater and it goes down to 68-70 on its own.

Franco74

Franco74

No I have a small cube heater with just high low setting to try

dred

dred

Is your tent in a room
if you run the heater to warm up room
a bit probably help

Franco74

Franco74

Tent is in a 1300 square ft basement wide open. hoping to just be able to heat in the tent enough to make difference if not I'll just use tent in early spring for cloning and drying

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My tent is about 68 degrees all winter but I start seeds and cuttings in a domed tray on a propagation mat with a temperature controller set to 78°, works great, highly recommend, good luck!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just don't feel safe leaving my heater on in a pretty small tent unsupervised so I use the controller but if you're not worried about fires or over heating then you can give it a try and see what the temps get to. Controllers are around like $50cad but you could also experiment with a plug timer and have the heater on and off every x amount of minutes.

thedubside

thedubside

i use a heater with a thermostat so it will automatically turn on and off to maintain the required temprature. once you get it dialled in its quite effective. wont lie tho for the first few weeks, i was a paranoid mess at work doing 12 hour shifts. was always rally driving home praying i wouldnt see flames bilowing out the window!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
i use a heater with a thermostat so it will automatically turn on and off to maintain the required temprature. once you get it dialled in its quite effective. wont lie tho for the first few weeks, i was a paranoid mess at work doing 12 hour shifts. was always rally driving home praying i wouldnt see flames bilowing out the window!
Exact same for me

fishbuds

fishbuds

My tent is about 68 degrees all winter but I start seeds and cuttings in a domed tray on a propagation mat with a temperature controller set to 78°, works great, highly recommend, good luck!
what are your lights out temps in veg?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What lights are you using? I use t6 florescent's surrounded by 5ft x 5ft Sq. panda walled frames made of 1" x3" pine & then by a fabric curtain / (black out) and it keeps the temps in my basement in the 70's . I use bathroom fans I boxed up to vent the rooms. I do the same for my 1000w hps for flowering , it gets up to 80 f through the winter but come June I can no longer run it because it gets too hot and humid.

IhatePM

IhatePM

Temps seem good. When its so cold in the D and my garage heater can't keep up . I've vegged full weeks at 63 w lights on. No problem

Top Bottom