Temperature Issues.

• Thread starter Midnite Tokr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Having some difficulty maintaining temps at "night". Ive been told for best results, I need to have a 10* difference between night and day, and the temps should be like 80*, day, 70* night. I'm averaging between 80-81.5 during day and 67.8-68.9 during night. Based off appearances, the Ladies don't seem to mind a 12.?* difference. I'm worried that it will affect the color, taste, potency, and overall bouquet of my harvest tho. Relatively speaking, how god awful important is the 10* difference, keeping it exactly 80* day, 70* night, and is it set in stone it has to be exactly a 10* difference? I can't find anything about this.

P

PharmHand

Your plants will stretch less, drink/uptake nutes faster and overall grow faster( leaf and bud tissues) with nighttime temps equal to day time. In botany the difference between day/night temps is referred to as positive and negative "diff". Essentially you're manipulating the plants metabolism speeding or slowing chemical reactions. Positive diff refers to days warmer than nights and negative diff the opposite. Positive diff can speed ripening and bring out those fall colors. Too cold of nights can make some strains start finishing super early. I had a green crack once that finished in 4 weeks because of cold nights.

Top Bottom