Temperature Question

• Thread starter BuddyLuv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

I recently got 4 clones and have them in my garage under 18/6 schedule. Temperatures are still very cool (mid to lower 40's). Will these be ok for the time being? The garage is not insulated and reflects the outdoor temperature. I am a new grower and new to this informative site. Very much appreciate any advice.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

If you put them in a box with 24 hours of light you could crack open the box little by little until the temp is goldie locks.
75°F is ideal,
65 probably wont kill them
40 would stunt them severely and probably kill them if left there for a long period

BudBogart

BudBogart

If you put them in a box with 24 hours of light you could crack open the box little by little until the temp is goldie locks.
75°F is ideal,
65 probably wont kill them
40 would stunt them severely and probably kill them if left there for a long period
Would you choose 24/7 with a constant 75f, or 18/6 where the temp drops to 65 for those 6 hours while lights are out?

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

I would like to keep the 18/6 going. After doing some research i was thinking of using a heating pad designed for starts. I could put my pots on the pad and get by with that. They are in a box structure now. What do you think of that ? And thank you for your advice. Really appreciate ot.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I am using a heating pad for starts. I don't think I could grow without it in this weather. My plants are sheltered but outdoor, I am using HO t5 4' and 8 lights over the seedlings then fan cool across the plants. Works good till lights out. I definitely recommend the heating pad in your cold basement.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Plants like the subtle drop in temp at night, as long as it doesnt drop too far it wont stunt them. You could get a small space heater with a thermostat switch and set it to turn on at 55 or 60 and place it in the garage near them.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Plants like the subtle drop in temp at night, as long as it doesnt drop too far it wont stunt them. You could get a small space heater with a thermostat switch and set it to turn on at 55 or 60 and place it in the garage near them.
Thank you for the info. Hearing they like a gentle drop lets me know things may be developing fine. Again, thanks!

Top Bottom