Ten Days Into Flower, First Grow

• Thread starter Grow4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4me

Grow4me

I'm off tomorrow for a few days at my daughters house, hope it waits till friday. I was holding out for amber color. I'm not sure what to do.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Just curious are you using a magnifier to check trichomes? I use a 30x jewelers loops. They make them with LED lights on them that help very much. You should have Amber by now...Day 60 on most plants besides sativa leaners will have a few at least at 60. Sometimes 50. I have a plant that finishes at 52. Damn near any cookie cross, cookie leaning is 60-65. 70 would be longest. Most OG's 70-73. Nice job though. Your on the right track keep up the great work.

Grow4me

Grow4me

Just curious are you using a magnifier to check trichomes? I use a 30x jewelers loops. They make them with LED lights on them that help very much. You should have Amber by now...Day 60 on most plants besides sativa leaners will have a few at least at 60. Sometimes 50. I have a plant that finishes at 52. Damn near any cookie cross, cookie leaning is 60-65. 70 would be longest. Most OG's 70-73. Nice job though. Your on the right track keep up the great work.
I do have a loop, no amber .... that I can see. But being my first run who knows! We darkened the guest room and hung some clothesline, will take some of the big colas tonight and hang them. It gives a great buzz now.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I do have a loop, no amber .... that I can see. But being my first run who knows! We darkened the guest room and hung some clothesline, will take some of the big colas tonight and hang them. It gives a great buzz now.
Are they milky? cloudy

ziplock

ziplock

You have to be careful when you're using HPS. Don't try to evaluate your pistils or your trichomes with the HPS light on. Yellows and Browns don't show well. Turn the light off, and use a more neutral light source to view your plant's progress. Something like compact fluorescent works fine.

Grow4me

Grow4me

You have to be careful when you're using HPS. Don't try to evaluate your pistils or your trichomes with the HPS light on. Yellows and Browns don't show well. Turn the light off, and use a more neutral light source to view your plant's progress. Something like compact fluorescent works fine.
There's a huge difference! Thanks for all the tips!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Yes, very. The Maui has amber. As I've mentioned the Maui didn't grow well. I chopped it. Quick dried a bit and it's killer! Have it hanging to dry. The other is very cloudy.
I thought when they were milky or cloudy it is done. I could be wrong!! Just what I thought.

Grow4me

Grow4me

I thought i was waiting for amber, at least some. Grow and learn! I have three clones in veg and pineapple chuck seeds in the way! I'll keep growing. I ordered some rapid rooters today.

Grow4me

Grow4me

I use a soil from my garden guy, called Grubby Mix, had good results. But it's expensive. Huge root system, used Ionic grow and bloom in ph water.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Yes, over time you will know just by looking and smelling if its done or close enough. Basically if you keep the genetics around you'll know the correct date after looking 3-4 harvest of the same plant. I bought an LED desk light with a magnifier lens on it. It helps in many ways also.

Grow4me

Grow4me

Yes, over time you will know just by looking and smelling if its done or close enough. Basically if you keep the genetics around you'll know the correct date after looking 3-4 harvest of the same plant. I bought an LED desk light with a magnifier lens on it. It helps in many ways also.
That's a great idea, thanks.

ziplock

ziplock

I like the of the LED/magnifier. Leaves hands free. Have to try one.

kingkam1988

kingkam1988

Thanks for looking, it's hard to get a picture. There's no amber. I don't want buzzy pot, I want relaxing pot. I think you're right. Maybe two more weeks.
Give it two weeks and look you want it all cloudy for the high you want I only see a couple cloudy in that pic

riden2low

riden2low

Best thing for me was a hand held microscope off of Amazon works great. Only takes a AA battery too. I usually cut a small sample from a cola. You can see it a lot better than using a loupe.
Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

Grow4me

Grow4me

Nothing could be finer ...
20151207 154228
20151207 125816
20151207 132549

Top Bottom