Tent City!!!!! 2x 10'x20' Mammoth Tents!!!

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gooey

Very nice even canopy amigo...happy harvest to you..peace n puffs

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Really?

I stayed at Sheriff Joe's "Tent City"
and it wasn't anything like yours! Good Job!

R

reefamadness

Hey green mopho I'm looking to buy a single 10'x20' tent. But instead of running hps, I'll be running LEDS instead, witch is less heat and costs efficient. If you could tell me how to set up my tent and what I need, for example what size a/c and how to set it up? How big of a blower/fan and how many? How big of a filter and how many? How should I vent it? I'm a little confused and you seem like the mopho to go too lol!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Whoa, blast from the past with this thread!

I don't have that spot or the tents anymore, but it was cool growing in them, and super easy. They seal up super tight. For each 10'x20' tent, we put 8 air cooled hoods. Each row of 4 hoods was cooled by a 6" inline fan. We mostly ran the tents sealed with CO2, pulling air from outside the tent, through the lights, and back out the other side. We also had a single 1-ton stand up AC that took care of the tent decently well, but we did upgrade to 18,000 btu mini-splits that we mounted the blower on our own custom wood mounts, built out of plywood and electrical conduit mounting brackets that fit the poles of the tent perfectly. With LEDs though, you probably would be alright with just a stand-up unit. Occasionally we also ran the tents with passive air flow, by just opening the last hood in the chain, or pulling in the ducting that was sucking through the lights into the tent, and then opening one of the vents that the tents already come with as a passive intake. Obviously with the passive intake, you are far more dependent on the outside temps.

Honestly, I prefer a big build-out with 10+ foot ceilings, but the tents do rock and the setup time can't be beat. You can have em up and running in a matter of hours, not days or weeks! And you can break it all down just the same and move it somewhere else. They did seal super tight, never had issues with light leaks or CO2 loss. The canvas is thick but not super insulated if you are putting it somewhere real cold or hot, like a garage or barn or something. But its still not as ideal as a real room, especially for a big guy like me, it can get clumsy with hoses and lines going all around you. Those huge tents start getting smaller and smaller when you are working in em every day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom