Tents backordered till March; Will this work for starting my seeds in the meantime??

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

My 2 Secret Jardin DR120 II(4'x4'x6.5') grow tents I ordered are back ordered till March(probably won't receive them till mid March). Well that won't cut it since I need to prepare for my outdoor this summer, and should have sprouted my seeds a few weeks ago.

I figure I gotta get something so I can start my seeds and get things going until my bigger tents arrive. So I've ordered a Secret Jardin DP90(36" x 24" x 24"), which is their propagator tent. I also have HTG's Tek 4 (220watt/20k Lumen) HO T5 light, which is almost 4" thick. So that leaves me 20" of space under the lights. Is this light too intense for this space? I think I can remove 2 bulbs from it without damaging it, and that will lower it to 110w/10k lumen.

Also, if I sprout my seeds late next week, will the propagator tent with 20" of grow space under the light, hold my seedlings for 5-7weeks?

PS. I know there are other brands of tents, but I really want these new Dark Room 2 tents (with level 2 light proofing and better construction). So I'm willing to wait till they come. I just need to start germing my seeds ASAP, so I need some help making sure I can do that and keep them growing till my tents arrive

Here is a link to the propagator tent: ht tp://www.greners.com/grow-tents/secret-jardin/dark-propagator/secret-jardin-dark-room-propagator-dp90.html

And here is the Tek 4 T5 light: ht tp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp

I

ibTheMan

Get your money back and order a 4 x 4 Sun Hut xl $215 shipped on ebay(or $230 local) and are better anyway(imo) plus the Sun Hut are 4.6 x 4.6 inside by 7 foot high, there really nice to.

I

IndicacannaJone

I just received my DR120 II from Greners about a week ago. The second gen darkrooms are badass. Everything that's good about the Sun Huts is taken away by their significant problems with light leakage from their air vents, and their less-than-sufficient zipper flaps. Their frames are nice, and their fan mounting-bracket, but DR's are very sufficient to hold weight. So, when weighing the two, I chose the most light-tight tent, that I'm aware of, on the market. Screw the Sun Hut.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

It is tough to tell you whether or not the smaller tent will work for you. How many plants are you planning on growing? Is the T-5 a 4 foot unit? All these things will effect whether or not the tent is of a proper size for you.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

They have the pro model it is only like 20 bucks more. I know the wholesaler has plenty in stock. I just ordered 4 yesterday.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Send evrything back and get your money back. You don't need any of it to sprout seeds. Any closet, corner, cabinet, cardboard box, bathtub, etc. is fine for sprouting. Tents or special rooms not crucial til 6 or 8 weeks,

Melvan

Melvan

Send evrything back and get your money back. You don't need any of it to sprout seeds. Any closet, corner, cabinet, cardboard box, bathtub, etc. is fine for sprouting. Tents or special rooms not crucial til 6 or 8 weeks,

I agree. I grow indoors year round, but I do a small outdoor grow on season too. I do start my seeds in my nursery, which you can see in my grow in my sig, but once they get going I just keep them in the kitchen. I find that if I do everything under the artificial lights I have more trouble with stress when it's time to move them outdoors, and I have to take more time getting them acclimated to the sun light.

Top Bottom