TEST GROW 126w LED Urkle x White SCROG

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

michupichy

Hello comrades!

Interesting fixture. It seems to work very well, I'd get one of them ... In particular I would like the 345W model, looks good ... jejeje

Good luck with the crop, and a greeting from Spain!

The Joker

The Joker

Hilarious as usual. Love the set up. You and I are of the same mind that you can use simple methods and simple ingredients to produce outstanding buds!

R

ReadySetGrowD9

love the "ghetto" set-up lol... i will be postin some pics of my led grow in about a week let the games begin lol

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Things are progressing with the veg. I have had to tie a few branches down. It does seem to have a very tight internode veg like the T5's I use. I like it.

The light does npt produce any heat to speak of. Even when you grab it is just tepid like body temp.. The top is the same. The little fans work great.

These pics are 6 days from the last ones. I am planning on doing the flip on Sunday.

DSCN0650
DSCN0651
DSCN0652
DSCN0653
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
thats one hellulva scrog

To me it kinda looks like a scrog bomb went off. It will fill in more soon. The small bottom branch nodules are just now starting to pop out more. I have high hopes for this filling the screen up.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Well it has been one week of 12/12 today and these are today's pics. You can see it is filling up the screen and looking rather nice, if I do say so myself. It's haired up pretty good for just a week.

DSCN0681
DSCN0682
DSCN0683
DSCN0684
DSCN0685
DSCN0687
DSCN0688
DSCN0689
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks King Kong! I like things simple. I liked Atari and I don't like Play Station. I liked it when my guy was just a square. LOL!

mtn plot

mtn plot

Damn Tobar everything you touch turns to dank lol!!!

If this turns out good for you im so jumping on this band wagon. looking good bro!

Mp

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I just have one 126w LED northone. It has been a fun and easy project. I am glad I could test one.

M

Malachi

any preliminary opinions on the LED tabor? It looks like it is comparable to a 250W HPS. Have you grown out the white urkle yet? If so how was the yield for you?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This is my first grow of the white urkle. I am liking the LED so far. I like it better for vegging than my 250 w HPS and my T5 for the simple reason it doesn't make much heat. Even the 2 foot 4 bulb T5 New Wave puts out enough heat that you need good ventilation. A T5 in a box set-up I use to run got hot in the box without a good vent fan.

If they don't produce nice buds though I don't know if I would buy one just to use for vegging. They cost quite a bit for the area they light up. But if they produce some chunky buds then the enrgy saving from having less fans and using less watts on the light would make these a winner.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Looking good Tobor! I'll be riding along in my side car lol. I'm very interested in doing a scrog like this outdoors in a huge pot! Would you say that it is way too much of a pain in the ass to move the plant once it's establishing a canopy? I don't want to do it outside if moving it will be an issue. I have a yard and pool guy that comes once a week each so I need to bring them indoors for a few hours on those days. hmm Maybe outside isn't a great idea lol.

Either way great idea! Best of luck on hitting your numbers!

So this LED is = to a 400w hps? I know Farmers hate when lower wattage lamps are called what they are equivalent to, just wondering! Thanks for any info!

Cheers,
Crom

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks crombien.

They are a pain in the ass to move indoors when they are 2 x 2 and 3 x 3. I guess mostly because they were in closets and had to go through doorways. Outside you could probably move them easier but taking them inside would be near impossible. Unless you stuck them in a garage through the garage door.

Outdoor scrogs are actually very effective in the right locations. In the corn or places with tall bushes would probably not work as well because the taller corn and bushes would block light.

In an open space they work great. I had pics on the old PG site that were lost of a few plants I scroged out like big spiders on the ground. They were loaded with top colas just like an indoor one only 8-10 feet in diameter.

I started doing the "bend a big plant over" scrog by accident. I had some plants along the river. They were 4-5 feet tall in mid July. I went to check them one day after a huge storm. There was a piece of plywood with 2 x 4 on the back of it that laid along the river about 100 feet away. It got pick up by the wind and land right on top of 2 plants. The one was a direct hit from straight above and it partially snapped and permanently bent the plant 3 feet up the trunk and right below the first set of branches. I could not visit these plants much at all because they were between rented river lots. I only went back because I feared bad storm damage. So I got a big branch with a Y and propped up the branch.

The end of the plywood put a bad scrape on the trunk near the bottom of the other plant and pushed it over on its side and uprooted half of it. It was on it's side. I just left it there and covered up the roots with dirt and leaves. Then I slid the plywood under it in hopes of keeping the side on the ground from rotting in the dirt. I just bent those branches flat on the plywood. When I came back in October they were some of the bushiest, nicest plants I ever grew.

This year all the plants I have that are growing christmas tree shaped I am bending the trunk below the first set of branches and fixing it there around mid July.

Many of the guys I learned from on Planet Ganja lst'd their plants. They would get so tall and then they would tie the tip over with a cord. They were the bushiest, best yielding plants. Mole was always trying new stuff. A guy named Northern Dude and one named Captain Skunk taught me a lot too. And sometimes I just learned through experience and accidents.

southstreets

southstreets

love the led grow!! lookin real good!!! what size area does that led cover???

B

BavarianFarmer

Looks great! I tried to send you a PM but I cant since I'm too new... this is what it said.

Hi!
I saw in a thread your pictures of a huge white widow plant in a "powergrower"... I have 3 powergrowers right now and the girls are about 3 1/2 weeks old and going great so far.
My question is, once your plant gets that big how were you changing the water? were you never taking it out of the bucket? I have been cleaning the buckets every week and giving fresh nutes and water, but that's gonna be hard once they're big. I'm sure there are techniques to the power grower.
thanks!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I had the Powergrower on a shelf rack. The lower rack was about 4 inches off the ground and the PG unit sat on it. The upper rack was what I tied the scrog to. I never took the plant completely out. I would remove the drip ring and clean it between veg and flower. At that time I would also rinse the hydroton and PowerGrower with clearex and make sure I poured some down the drip ring feeder tube.

By having the unit raised off the floor 4 inches I was able to fully drain the unit into a cat litter box with the drain tube. I would also tilt the rack to the side near the end of draining so I could drain the unit as much as possible.

Check how your drip ring is working every day. You want solution coming out all of the holes evenly. Flush every couple weeks but do a real good one between veg and flower. This will keep it clean.

G

GorillaCloset

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm a new grower & I'm contemplating doing a scrog for my next grow. I'm limited on space, only have a 12sqft closet to work with.

I've subscribed to this thread and excited to watch the progression.

Thank you for taking the time to document this journey :)

B

BavarianFarmer

I had the Powergrower on a shelf rack. The lower rack was about 4 inches off the ground and the PG unit sat on it. The upper rack was what I tied the scrog to. I never took the plant completely out. I would remove the drip ring and clean it between veg and flower. At that time I would also rinse the hydroton and PowerGrower with clearex and make sure I poured some down the drip ring feeder tube.

By having the unit raised off the floor 4 inches I was able to fully drain the unit into a cat litter box with the drain tube. I would also tilt the rack to the side near the end of draining so I could drain the unit as much as possible.

Check how your drip ring is working every day. You want solution coming out all of the holes evenly. Flush every couple weeks but do a real good one between veg and flower. This will keep it clean.

Awesome thanks a lot! I'm off to home depot yet again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom