Test - White Fugu x Choc Thai

• Thread starter Darth Fader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Howdy Farmers, this is a test grow journal for Hazeman seeds White Fugu x Choc Thai cross:

First off, I'd like to thank Hazeman for the opportunity to test his beans. And again, big thanks for the RMH gift beans! Awesome.

I'm usually not interested in testing genetics, but I suppose I got a wild hair for some adventure LOL! Coincidentally, I'll also be running Orange Diesel x Strawberry Diesel tester from MotaRebel simultaneously, so my tent will be packed.

I typically run scrog w/ a low plant count, but will switch things up a bit for this run in order to run a higher plant count. Will have to consider Hazeman's expectations for stretch & best practices before I make any decisions on topping/lst, etc., but no screen this run, as it obscures a lot of the natural structure.

The biggest challenge is that I'll be away from the grow for 2 wks in June. The wife hasn't failed me yet, but just in case, I'm keeping 4 seeds in reserve. The other 6 went to soak last night.

Another fun bit. Just ordered a new camera, Sony NEX-5N w/ Macro lens. I still get nice pics from my old 6 megapixel DSLR, but couldn't get macro shots w/o buying a new lens, so I decided it was time for an all-around upgrade. The images from this new camera are stunning for it's range. Looking fwd to sharing some killer pics here.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
White=amazing, Fugu=amazing, Chocolate Thai=amazing= Those gotta be amazing, take care

mal

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

5/6 germed but I night've biffed one, not sure if she'll make it. So 4/6 for sure. Last one might pull through, i give it 50/50.

Hazeman

Hazeman

Breeder
Supporter
this one to when i did the germ test i got over 94 %

Reactions: mal
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Yeah, these beans popped up nice & quick. My mota beans don't want to pop (2/6) so I'm going to have to take a razor and see if I can coax them open.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Germination was great on these beans. They cracked quickly and easily, so I've 5 nice little babies going now. They stretched a bit since my light was too far but they'll be just fine. Actually just picked up 2' 4-bulb sunblaze T5 fixture. Eventually I'll figure out a better way to hang it lol:p . Another wk or so and I'll put them under the MH. This cross should be just killer. Very excited to see how these turn out.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

White=amazing, Fugu=amazing, Chocolate Thai=amazing= Those gotta be amazing, take care
mal
No kidding - this should be some top-notch smoke! Thx for stopping by mal.

the party has started at Hazeman seeds
Where's that damn party smiley?

After seeing Rival79's white fugu I can only imagine good things from this cross :)
Enjoy!

Yeah, he killed it. I imagine Hazeman's White Fugu pheno used in this cross is just sick. Bring it!

Bring the Hazeman heat, brother. Looking forward to your run.
outwest

Thx amigo, you know it! Thx for checking in.

this one to when i did the germ test i got over 94 %
Yep, solid. Germing these beans were as easy as any I've ever popped.

Reactions: mal
EVOKE

EVOKE

Bong2

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thx for the prodding. Had a pretty disastrous summer. Had to restart 3-4 times just to trash the grow for one problem or another - seriously. I tried changing up grow styles which was problematic, but then had thrips, gnats, and root rot. But the good news is I'm a persistent SOB and I kept the 4 fem candidates alive. They're currently at 4 wks and healthy. I'll snap some pics tonight & see if I can't resuscitate this thread. ;-)

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Ok, here goes. Lotsa pics.

Here's my little clone tent. It holds seedlings, new clones, teens and bonsai moms. I have a little 4x2' t5 lamp and 4” flexible ducting pulling out into the flower tent.

Thought I had shots of the teens in veg, but you what, I've got back-up cuts running that I can toss up next time.

Clone tent   12Clone tent   11Clone tent   10Clone tent   08Clone tent   06Clone tent   05Clone tent   04Clone tent   02Clone tent   01

Clone tent   09
Clone tent   07
Clone tent   03
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Here's the canopy and a look up the skirt. 8 sites and a reservoir bucket
Day 29 Flower

Flower Day 29   07

Flower Day 29   06

The 9 buckets are connected w/ 1/2" tube - 2 connections per, 3 connections on the res & center bucket to help move/distribute solution. Running this as a top-fed DTW right now. 4 1/2" feeder tubes run to each site for watering once a day. Runoff is held & pumped out of the res bucket. No wicks on this run. DTW with runoff. Had so many failed grows over the summer that I needed a win.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

The good news and the bad news:

I was feeding every other day and not getting proper runoff and got some salt-buildup at the end of week 4. Ran 250ppm solution thru and 1400ppm came out. I was normally feeding around 750. I caught it mostly in time but I believe it the White Fugu #1 suffered the worst and will need be re-run.

Let's have a look - the good, bad, & the ugly.

This is Hazeman's White Fugu x Chocolate Thai - pheno#1
Flower Day 29   01Flower Day 29   02Flower Day 29   03Flower Day 29   04Flower Day 29   05

#1 was lined up right under the bulb. She may have gotten a bit more heat and light, but sadly, I burned her a bit with nutes. As a result she's not putting out the resin. Smells like hot garbage. She is easily the most stacked of the 4 and I definitely need to re-run to see what she can do.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

what up Fader...cool pics...

Sup Evoke? Thx for checking in bro!

Just trying to catch up on this grow report. Coming up nextare phenos 2, 3, & 4 of Hazeman's White Fugu x Chocolate Thai. 2-4 weren't badly affected by the salt buildup, so I should still be able to get a good idea of the terpine profiles & overall potential.

I'll also get some pics up of these phenos as young teens and finally post up day 40 shots. Then I'll be pretty well caught up and getting ready for the home stretch. Boo-yah!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

White Fugu x Chocolate Thai cont.

- pheno #2 -
Flower Day 29   08Flower Day 29   09Flower Day 29   10

- pheno #3 -
Flower Day 29   11Flower Day 29   12Flower Day 29   13Flower Day 29   14Flower Day 29   15

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

- pheno #4 -
Flower Day 29   16Flower Day 29   17Flower Day 29   18Flower Day 29   19

These pics (phenos #1-4) were taken on day 29. #2 & #4 were furthest away from the cooltube (switched to reflector now) and didn't get as much light.

Feeding is Jack's Hydro + CalNit + epsom salt (3/2/1 ratio) plus Roots Excel, Floralicious+, Drip Clean, & a few foliar feedings w/ Green Magic & epsom salts.

Top Bottom