Testimonials For Caps Bennies

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blue Dog

Blue Dog

Hey folks,
Sounds like some people have had success eradicating root aphids using the Foliar Packs, you lucky bastards. I had RAs with my last round, so I applied Met 52 and Botaniguard as a preventative. Eventually RAs showed up, and some were dying off from these two products, but the population persisted. Around this time I heard about Caps products and decided to give them a try. I've done 3 applications of the Foliar Pack brewed as a tea with molasses & worm castings, aerated for 2-4 hrs. Dosage at 1-1.5 tbsp Foliar Pack per gallon, starting with a full soil drench and two heavy water-ins with 4 days in between each. Still got bugs. Big time. It doesn't really seem to phase them. After a week and half of using the Foliar Pack the bugs are still there and clearly taking a toll. Attached is a photo of one of these little assholes from hell. The bugs are mostly in the soil and in the clear/yellow very small stage right now. Did the people having success do anything differently? Any thoughts???
Photo

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hey folks,
Sounds like some people have had success eradicating root aphids using the Foliar Packs, you lucky bastards. I had RAs with my last round, so I applied Met 52 and Botaniguard as a preventative. Eventually RAs showed up, and some were dying off from these two products, but the population persisted. Around this time I heard about Caps products and decided to give them a try. I've done 3 applications of the Foliar Pack brewed as a tea with molasses & worm castings, aerated for 2-4 hrs. Dosage at 1-1.5 tbsp Foliar Pack per gallon, starting with a full soil drench and two heavy water-ins with 4 days in between each. Still got bugs. Big time. It doesn't really seem to phase them. After a week and half of using the Foliar Pack the bugs are still there and clearly taking a toll. Attached is a photo of one of these little assholes from hell. The bugs are mostly in the soil and in the clear/yellow very small stage right now. Did the people having success do anything differently? Any thoughts???
View attachment 350998

you'll never be able to kill those mites - nothing will kill them.

but luck you - those are predatory mites...do you have any pictures of the bugs "clearly taking a toll"?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

but luck you - those are predatory mites...do you have any pictures of the bugs "clearly taking a toll"?

Exactly. PM'd blue dog to tell him this yesterday. At least we know the bennies don't kill bennies!

Blue Dog

Blue Dog

Enlightening information, indeed! I got a 100x loop and I'm going to try to get a better look at these guys to identify which mite they are. I had previously identified the root aphids, and made the assumption that these were the same beast in a different stage of life.

This is what I know. I had these mites and RAs in bloom last round. They were hit with an arsenal of synthetic and biological attacks. The RAs disappeared quickly, while these mites stuck around until the very end. It's true, they do not die. Sometimes there were hundreds and hundreds of these things crawling around on the soil surface! Do they damage plants? I don't know for sure, but it was either them or hidden RAs because the plants never fully recovered.

This is the tricky thing- they hang out in the root zone, they also show up on potatoes, they love them and eat them. They leave little brown bruised spots where the potato was eaten. Potatoes are a starchy root matter, so you've got to wonder... I'm not convinced these things are beneficial, but cannot find any information online that says they are anything but beneficial. Has anyone heard of mites that eat roots??? Is this continual damage from RAs? Many people using Cap's packs speak of amazingly quick recoveries, but mine still look sad...

The plants this round have been looking progressively worse, even though I haven't seen a RA in days (I put out fresh potatoes this morning, so we'll see what comes up). Here are some photos

PLANTS1
PLANTS2

Some crinkling, some clawing and there is interveinal chlorosis. These girls are indoor, and the temps are in low to mid 80's with 50-60% humidity, and they get excellent organic nutes with everything they need, so they should be happy.

So, the current RAs did take a blow from Met52 and Botaniguard earlier on, and most likely the Cap's Foliar Pack doses more recently. I'm going to continue giving them Cap's Foliar once a week, but I'm baffled — could these mites be causing the damage?

Here is a photo of dead RAs for your enjoyment
Photo2

Blue Dog

Blue Dog

Update: You're definitely right on about the mites, but it turns out they are NOT beneficial. They are Bulb Mites. I've started a new thread about this new beast, so that this thread stays on topic about Cap's Bennies (which are thus far working on the RAs. I only have good things to say about Cap and his Bennies at this point).

Link to the new thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/bulb-mites-wtf.59532/
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/bulb-mites-wtf.59532/
Any input on how to get rid of these guys is more than welcome.

L

larebowm

there are no pgr's in foliar pack but id pm cap for his thoughts quicker response.
ive done it but it doesnt mean its the right thing to do

Black Lab

Black Lab

I had good results controlling/eradicating RA's last run with a combo of Caps' and nematodes. I had a terrible infestation of RA with Nightmare OG and Ken's OG in organic soil. I didn't notice them until 2 weeks into flowering. Thought I had fungus gnats flying around. It took me awhile to identify those hordes of tiny beetle like bug carcasses all over the tent floor and in the corners. I put out yellow stickies and was able to ID them as RA's by the two little pipes on their butts. I read and researched different ways to deal with RA's but, in the end, did not want to use chemical pesticide on something I'm going to put into my body.

I tried Botanigard drenches and soaks with some success and probably knocked them down best with the root soak. They hide up under the root ball when you drench and will repopulate quickly. I had already sprayed and drenched with Azamax three times, 10 days apart, in veg and did not have any foliage pests from start to finish. But, the soil was infested in the top layer when disturbed. Sprayed top of soil with mixture of take down pyretheum but roots did not like the oil; took a few days to recover. I had fliers throughout. Not sure if they were fungus, RA's or both; my eyes aren't the best.

I ordered Cap's bennies and started to brew some teas, for veg and flowering, in a 5 gal bucket with a couple of airstones. I added EWC, alaskan humus, molasses and brewed for 24 hours. I used these teas every week and add different things to teas from time to time. i.e. fish hydroslate, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, liquid seaweed and Earth Juice nutrients. I try to grow all organic.

I ordered Steiner and Hetero type nematodes online. Mixed with warm RO water and applied to 5 gal soil containers. This seemed to be the difference maker. A couple of things to think about if you go this route: make sure the nematodes are alive. The nursery in my area has them in the fridge for weeks at a time before being sold. These might not be viable. Order online and have them shipped 2-3 days. Also, I have heard/read that chemical fertilizers (and certainly pesticides) will not form a suitable environment for nematodes to do their work. The one-two punch of Cap's teas and nematodes seemed to work well for me. I went all the way to harvest with no discernable harm to plants or roots. FYI: The Nightmare OG from Sin City is a big yeilder.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 340887

Results speak for themselves. Transplanting from 2 gal to 10's. As usual I like what I see since Cap's gear has been in the mix.

I found cap's plus organics blows away roots excellerator lots cheaper too, Not to mention the other bennies. Lol thanks again cap. Just figured out you got your own site up after reuppin on eBay. Supper fast shipping as always. Peace

F

Fire

I joined this forum SPECIFICALLY just to leave a testimonial for these beneficials. I've grown some amazing plants. I will get some pictures up so you don't just think, "Oh this guy is full of shit." Also, as a side-note, I'm amazed I got this username.

But, my plants had some bad bug infestations. I think fungus gnats, but for SURE root aphids and they were slowly taking my plants, slowing their growth and drinking rate to me only watering them once a week. These are plants in 1L and 1.8G smart pots, normally watered once a day, or once every two to conserve. Instead, they were sometimes going 10 days and not drooping.

Then I lost my Lemon Thai Kush plant. I decided fuck this I'm doing something. Started with cinnamon and some peppermint tea, it took care of all the fungus gnats. I still had root aphids.

I bought all three packs of Cap's stuff. Haven't touched the nute/root packs yet. Couldn't find my airline tubing, so instead of making a tea, I just went full strength and decided if it works, I'll buy more.

Took the foliar, and mixed it at a tablespoon per gallon of distilled water. Just let it settle, poured the top liquid down to the talc collection, and drenched all the pots to runoff. NO nutes, no pH, no nothing. Water, and the foliar pack at a tablespoon per gallon. I saw improvement the next day. Plants had actually started to perk, put a new leaf set on a little, and move.

The bugs however were still there. But then - fast forward to today. I go down and check, today is about 72 hours since application.

There's PILES of dead root aphids in the bottom of the pots, and the amount of infant babies (little white things everywhere) are dwindling QUICK. Also, not a single winged guy flying around or on the plants.

Also, they've thrown on a few new leaf sets and the sets have 9 blades instead of 5 or 7. Customer for life. Instantly. You saved my strains, and more importantly, have let me solve the beneficial problem I had with just an easy to use, as advertised product that's versatile. Now I'm going to buy airline tubing to see what the teas can do.

You fucking rock man.

PS Pics of dead bugs incoming.

F

Fire

Okay. Also my order arrived in like 2 bus days, which was dope too. Ordered on Saturday, got on a Tuesday.

Below are pictures of a purple OG I just grew in my last cycle, and some of the nugs trimmed up and hanging. I grow pretty decent shit I like to think.

I got my first bugs like I explained in my previous post. You can see some live ones near the end of the pictures. You can also see a picture of what looks like piles of them. They're all fucking dead now. They tried to run from the pots I think because there's PILES of them on the bottoms of the pots. The babies are all dying/dead too.

No more flyers after spraying down. See that Purple OG? You saved the strain. My mother was in this infestation and almost dead. So fucking thank you Cap. For real.

Cliffs: Last two pics are live bugs, two previous pics are piles of dead bugs. Plant in veg is the plant now that bugs are dead already putting on leaf sets. The pics of the plant/nugs is the purple OG that I grew previously before I got bugs. It's now going to be delivered to my patients because of Caps' bennies. Cap is the man. Buy them now. I'm a buyer for life.

IMG 2495
IMG 2497
IMG 2499
IMG 2510
IMG 2755
IMG 2756
IMG 2760
Wtfisthis1
Wtfisthis2
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Yo been buying @Capulator bennies for a while now, we all kno the shit works dam good. I also like how it's consistent and his customer service is top notch. Keep up the good wrk cap!

Confu

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

VIVA LOS CAPULATOR!!!!! i run rock wool 6 inch blocks. Caps original tea recipe is the one thing that has been a game changer for my set up. a ton of microbial activity that tends to get denied in a hydroponic set up has been introduced in my system. wow!!!! it has been my missing link!!!!
Photo 4 2
Photo 1 8

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Found this lovely creature this mornin'--
right next to a tiny emerging Moonshine Haze.

Caps1a

Prepping soil for these hills 3 months ago,
I musta killed twenty five or thirty of them things.

After Cap's Bennies--
some of 'em make it to the surface to shrivel up and die...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Found this lovely creature this mornin'--
right next to a tiny emerging Moonshine Haze.

View attachment 397151

Prepping soil for these hills 3 months ago,
I musta killed twenty five or thirty of them things.

After Cap's Bennies--
some of 'em make it to the surface to shrivel up and die...
I found some of those grubs in my beds..
those are bad?
they eat roots?

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I found some of those grubs in my beds..
those are bad?
they eat roots?
I have no idea what they are or what they eat.
I think they may be some kinda large beetle larvae,
they just look real scary for my plants.

At least with Cap's Bennies I don't have to pick 'em up and break 'em in half anymore;
they pop goo a long way--
I learned to turn my head a different direction...

Top Bottom