Testing Cannabis... Tell Me Your Secrets!

• Thread starter BushyOldGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is the best Cannabis Test?

• Gas Chromatography.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Find a stoner chick and see if it gets you laid...

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Throw a bud and see if it sticks to the wall...

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Smoke weed while standing on your head and see how long till you puke...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • See how the 6th graders like it...they are truth experts.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Dont get me wrong...

I like science and do believe it is needed. It's just not all science.

You should know that testing takes many forms. Now gas chromatography seems to be the standard for lab testing certain chemical compounds. It isn't enough however.

I should do a thread on all the ways we always tested and compared our shit.

Like when trimming how much hash accumulates on the Fiskers and how fast.

Like the way the paper looks as the joint burns.

The way the hash presses or bubbles and how much...

On a more subjective level is where it gets interesting.

How do you like the taste? What about the quality of the high?

Spiritual aspects?

Quality is something you know when you have it. You don't always know why.

An old pair of gloves may be hard to part with. Our most precious things are dear to our souls and we know it.

This is why beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

There are many more ways we test. Want to tell us yours?

Please share your secrets...we may all learn something about our differences. :)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Keester it, and depending on how long it takes you to get high is how you decide how potent it is. :p

I test my product by giving out many many free samples to friends. I give away pounds per harvest in hopes my friends will give me complete reports. I get about 20% of those people to actually grade my herb, but it really helps me pick a favorite when in my eyes it's a toss up. In other words, I judge all the cannabis first, then give it out for others opinions. Never done lab testing myself, so I can't speak on it.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Not sure there is a Lab test that tells the whole story,ive smoked stuff that tests very high that is so so and stuff that didnt test that well that was kill,also a huge variance from lab to lab with different techniques and procedures so i went with the stoner chick:D just nudging out seeing if it sticks to the wall.I personally dont care about lab results but how it works for my head,duration of buzz and pain releif,i also beleive it has different effects on different people,hard to measure that.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I have had the chance to smoke some great bud in my life I am over 45 so in the eighties it was samples and more samples with lots to choose from
tie stick lumbo pan red muowe wuowi PNW CB I was always looking for BBB bigger better boobs I meant Buds . .. . .
Back then it was all about the High and taste.
I dont recall why or even if that has changed,
a tested bud @ 21% may not have the right CBD CBA CBC ect to make it a perrrrrfect buzz
and thats speculative to each Patient IMO
I have had some great Bag weed that would let me sleep great
and some High THC Blue dream great high but different. . . .

To me its always going to be the Smiles, laughter, and the Spirit of the Bud over the lab
Now who has the Honey Oil.....
FlyJ

Coir

Coir

It seems here in WA where rec weed is coming to market in larger quantities, the consumer(and pricing to an extent) is driven by the "lab tested" thc content. Unfortunately, the LCB only calls for one sample of 5lb lots and the variation in those lots can be 50% or greater from what I have seen. The labs here are also struggling with any sort of consistency and claims of some labs offering "higher numbers" than anyone else. I have seen lab reports mysteriously jump since the retail stores have opened. One growers was consistently under 15% on all of his strains and now the lowest is 24%! something not right with that in my opinion. I also have to agree with what's been said here about what "quality" really means. I don't think you can honestly say that the bud that tests the highest will be the best. There are lots of contributing factors to "quality" and then throw in that we all have different taste and react differently to cannabinoid combinations. Just like food, wine and beer(and hard liquor) what one person loves, another may not!

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

It seems here in WA where rec weed is coming to market in larger quantities, the consumer(and pricing to an extent) is driven by the "lab tested" thc content. Unfortunately, the LCB only calls for one sample of 5lb lots and the variation in those lots can be 50% or greater from what I have seen. The labs here are also struggling with any sort of consistency and claims of some labs offering "higher numbers" than anyone else. I have seen lab reports mysteriously jump since the retail stores have opened. One growers was consistently under 15% on all of his strains and now the lowest is 24%! something not right with that in my opinion. I also have to agree with what's been said here about what "quality" really means. I don't think you can honestly say that the bud that tests the highest will be the best. There are lots of contributing factors to "quality" and then throw in that we all have different taste and react differently to cannabinoid combinations. Just like food, wine and beer(and hard liquor) what one person loves, another may not!

a accurate post coir of the current state of testing here in washington
labs here have become adverting firms instead of diagnostic entities
last year i combed through thousands of results and sample over 20% were about 1 out of 75-100 and now they are common place with some over 30%...
it must be the weed is sooo much better then last year?

my analogy of how other cannabinoids effects the high
picture the high as a ski boat where the thc % is the size of the motor,cbd as the amount of water in the boat and the other cannabinoids,terpenes,etc. as the steering

fwiw

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Many methods exist. Hard to objectively test something that is a subjective feeling.

I think lab tests have little value. It's just a chance to buy an endorsement or take strains out of consideration.

My strains test high but it depends who tests it.

Thc levels can be altered by special lighting so maybe some geeks figured out how to get thirty percent from schwag.

Never believe the testing...take it with a grain of salt is all I'm saying.

My best test is a cancer patient on Chemo. Do they think it works for them with nausea?

Does it kill your pain or help you sleep.

Does it help your mood? Does it keep you sane?

Which do you prefer over another for whatever reason. It's subjective.

I can even suggest a flavor or effect and you may taste of feel it. Placebo effect is far stronger than you realize so it's what you believe that makes it work.

Your mind is a healer. Your tastes are yours alone.

Dunge

Dunge

My best test is a cancer patient on Chemo. Do they think it works for them with nausea?

I can even suggest a flavor or effect and you may taste of feel it. Placebo effect is far stronger than you realize so it's what you believe that makes it work.

This here is the answer.
The consumer is an active partner in the dance.
Good herb allows one to go to places not available under ordinary consciousness.

That stoner chick option sounds promising but complicated.

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

That can be the hardest thing to test due to you as the variable factor.

Even a stoned chick wouldn't fuck an old man like me...especially with Mrs. Bog around.

If I smoke this joint will I still have a fantasy? That's a test too.

Does it make you get a hard on? Good edibles work that way too so a lotta testing remains to be done. Any volunteers?

Gonna need a lotta young healthy stoner girls and a few old guys...LOL! :)

O

Organicyumyum

I always know which strain is the best by how fast it disappears in relation to other strains. Truly special strains will make you want to keep smoking them even when you've already smoked enough. A combination of flavor, potency, effects, color, trichome color and bud structure are what seal the deal for me.

olbrickmason

olbrickmason

I have diabetes I get tha shakes some times some strains stop this entirely others enhance it .. And taste is next in line so IMO it's personal pref I have a buddy whom doesn't smoke yet caregivers aka grows meds for those who can't .. Has a Martian og that taste like reggies but test out at 22% he doesn't know how gross it is I could care less if it was 22 or 29% if it tastes like a bag o buttholes I'm not interested May sound snobby but I enjoy every aspect of this plant and the first one is taste ..rituals I go thru to consume it ,,grow,cure,roll, trim , smoke. ..most of the labs do not test in 3s and find the average they are mostly for marketing a strain or batch that may taste like boo boo but have nice thc content ..I'm going with stoner chick

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

All comes down to how long it last me . It should also get me as stoned as day one eating or smoking after ten straight years never missing a day of use . Its all about leg for me after all other checks have been met!

Last edited:
kevinn

kevinn

That can be the hardest thing to test due to you as the variable factor.

Even a stoned chick wouldn't fuck an old man like me...especially with Mrs. Bog around.

If I smoke this joint will I still have a fantasy? That's a test too.

Does it make you get a hard on? Good edibles work that way too so a lotta testing remains to be done. Any volunteers?

Gonna need a lotta young healthy stoner girls and a few old guys...LOL! :)

I will volunteer to be one of the old guys. Need all the help I can get, but don't let the wife know as I don't want to see the muzzle of that 9 mm in her pocket book. Good old southern girl !!!!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Many methods exist. Hard to objectively test something that is a subjective feeling.

I think lab tests have little value. It's just a chance to buy an endorsement or take strains out of consideration.

My strains test high but it depends who tests it.

Thc levels can be altered by special lighting so maybe some geeks figured out how to get thirty percent from schwag.

Never believe the testing...take it with a grain of salt is all I'm saying.

Sage advice from a legend. Props for starting this thread ur genetics and a post such as this. Honestly what better way to test then giving it to someone who is sick,deathly ill literally and said product bringing that person relief literal tangible relief. I deal with a few very sick aids patients, and their feedback is my ultimate test. Mood elevation and hunger stimulation. If they give me a thumbs up I know my product is real deal. My secondary test is my girlfriend aka Bob marley. Lol. True marijuanna connoisseur. I let her describe taste snell and power of the high. If she gives it a thumbs up I know anyone would. Lol. Keep up the good work bog! Much respect!

Top Bottom