TGA’s Trainwreck…before the Storm

• Thread starter Subcool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Subcool

This should be very interesting to watch unfold. I first heard about Trainwreck years ago in the same whispered voices of strains like G-13 and MTF. I had my first taste on a Greyhound as I made my way from Arizona to Humboldt back in the days I lived on the road. The closer we got to Humboldt the better the weed got people on the bus would share and it was about the time we hit Eureka that a middle aged cat was standing behind a shop and go near us packing a bowl. He smiles and says want so “Wreck” I stepped over and took a few hits off his stone pipe and instantly got a flavor or Limes, lemons and earth. I also got nice and high and the trip into Humboldt was deff much stonier after the “Wreck”. Once I moved out west I was able to try a few different cuts of Trainwreck and even got the opportunity to grow out the Arcata cut. The strain typically is very tall slightly wispy buds and tends to get late term herm naners after week 7 in bud.
The smoke from my cutting was very potent but took up to much room in my bud room.
Over the last 4 years I have seen a few other cuts including the very tasty Purple Wreck that comes from down in Eugene. Last year 02 told me about a TW cutting he thought was very special that came from a sack of Trainwreck pollinated by Trinity.

Names in the case mean little to me the Proof is in this amazing Phenotype

Initially I wasn’t impressed everyone out here has a cut similar to G-13 back on the east coast. Then one afternoon o2 left me a small bud and I left it on the shelf to complete drying and a few days later I broke it up and had it for wake and bake. I noticed a really nice taste first thing! Yes the Lime and earth taste was still there but this bud had a sweet sticky taste along with it. I smoked 5 bowls and was just wasted early in the morning. Huge grin and eyes slammed shut it took me by surprise and I asked o2 to tell me more about it. He was not surprised it blew me away and told me he was just waiting till I took notice.

We outcrosses this new find with out JTR male and the seeds are only a few weeks from finished. The strain will be sent to TGA testers like always and data collected. The new cross has been Tagged Chernobyl and I think it will be a highly anticipated hybrid.

Lets hear it for o2 bring new genetics to the table and making his own mark.

Well done buddy!!

Tgas trainwreckbefore the storm
Trmom2
Trmom3
Trmom4
Trmom5
Trmom6
Trmom7
Trmom8
Trmom9
Trmom10
B

BITYmagicBeanz

looks nice sub. cant wait too try this one. defontly something special!

Bity

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Put me down for 2 plus packs Subcool:dance

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Loads of breeders jumping on the train but yours really looks special Sub. Most that you see have a bland appearance through pics, not that baby though :)

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Headseeds TW is gonna be awesome aswell:dance

O

OGrower707

ride on subcool, i live right in the eureka/arcata area your referring to, im wondering how long ago you acuired this arcata tw, ...i also remember the first time i tried this strain, it was freshman year of hs and my buddy cassy had some humboldt county trainwreck, back then it was the most potent strain id ever come across, this was about 5 years ago..... that pheno looks exceptional

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Great!! Ive been searching for a good TW to run outside. I hear she is quite the yeilder for us outsiders!! Such frosty pics. Nice job sub!

D

doggystyled73

Those things are gorgeous.. put me down!! I've never had the chance to grow your genetics subcool but this looks like somethin i'd make some extra time for. You say its a trinity cross.. what trinity?

S

Springheel Jack

Wonderfull Wreck

Subcool,

That is a very beautiful plant!
Damn i have to work harder, i need more money for more seeds, ahhhhhhh!

Good luck with this one,

Springheel

S

sam_i_am

do yall specialize in purple genetics? i find all of your plants to be astheticly pleasing but have been informed that in alot of cases purple plants are not as potent as there green sisters, i am thinking this is not the case all the time judging by the look of them there plants but was wondering if you care to comment on it? also are there green phenotypes found in your trainwreck? i would/will love to grow this strain when it is available.

S

Subcool

Most of my coloring is to to Organics and proper Fading

Purple, resulting from anthocyanin accumulation, is extremely common in Cannabis, this color modification is usually triggered by seasonal change, and also can be influenced indoor by a temperature drop of between 20-30 degrees.

This does not mean, however, that Purple is controlled by environment alone and it can be passed on genetically. For purple color to develop upon maturation, a strain must have the genetically controlled metabolic potential to make anthocyanin pigments and be responsiveness to environmental change such as cold nighttime temps. This means a strain can have the genetic potential to change color but if conditions never exist you may never know it. I have grown Jacks Cleaner for a long time and when I moved west and it found some dramatically cooler temps I got a nice maroon/ purple coloring at maturity.

There are other pigments that effect the color of mature cannabis for example Carotenoid is largely responsible for the yellow, orange, red, and brown colors in buds. I find this effect is much easier to accomplish in Organics and soil but in order to really call a strain Purple it needs to have more than colored outer leaves and the inner buds need to actually be Purple.

One aspect that I also find interesting is the purple potency debate, for those that have collected a few plants that produce Purple buds under any conditions like certain Black Russian phenotypes we have noticed something that seems to be consistent. When growing out females of a hybrid that have both color females and non colored females the colored one seems to always be less potent.

This doesn’t mean I haven’t smoked great Purple weed, Both Urkle and Querkle ( A TGA Urkle Hybrid) have an amazing taste and are very stoney and the favorite Indica’s of many tokers.

Top Bottom