TGA gear Dr.who & 9lb hammer

• Thread starter bubbalova
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ambre

Ambre

I haven't seen Dannyboy seeds in a long time. If I remember correctly, the last of the Dannyboy seeds were sold in Sub's Fiesta Mix back in 2005, but that was a long time ago and I might be wrong. Hempdepot has a good selection of TGA genetics and they don't have Dannyboy in the lineup.

Here is the description of Dannyboy (Killer Queen x {Ortega x C-99}) from the Seedfinder strainbase:

Strain created to Honor my best friend who died in Amsterdam 4 years ago. This combination of Killer Queen, Ortega, and Cindy99 is a Cherry hash favorite and established favorite. Amazing cherry flavor is this strains claim to fame and large amount of resin make this a TGA legend for making Bubblehash. Performing well both indoors and out it’s rapid maturity makes her a keeper in many gardens long before a grower gets to taste the amazing over powering Cherry smell.

* Phenotypes: Medium yielding very fast resinous with slight variation in taste.
* Short, medium structure
* Medium Yields
* Indoor/Outdoor
* Great for SOG and SCROG
* Harvest window: 45-55 days
* Sativa/Indica: 50/50
* Hybrid cross with established parents
* High: Light to heavy nice body stone happy thought and yummy taste
* Smells like Cherry’s
* Our most established strain.

Strain: Dannyboy
Breeder: TGA Subcool
Type: indica/sativa
Flowering: ~50 days

Ambre

Ambre

More info on Dannyboy: I just found an interview with Subcool from 2011. In it he says: "I wish we had not lost the parents of Dannyboy, mainly the Killer Queen Cherry pheno." Remove the spaces from the URL below; I don't like posting direct links offsite, this way no one can click on it by mistake:

blog.420petition. com /marijuana-topics/ marijuana-growing /interview-subcool-tgagenetics -famous-marijuana-breeder/

bubbalova

bubbalova

So I ended up grabbing some beans from GGG but I ordered them from Natures Green Remedies but then read some horrible things about the guy running it..tampering with seeds an such. Do any of you have any input on this

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

Ive never popped any sub gear myself, ran a cut or two, never was impressed....a buddy of mine loves him and all his stuff, anyways he brought me over a cola which was beautiful and a clone and of the DR WHO and said he was going to change my opinion of sub so we will see...

and GGG puts out the heat cant wait to pop a few packs I scored at the MHTCC

bubbalova

bubbalova

Ive never popped any sub gear myself, ran a cut or two, never was impressed....a buddy of mine loves him and all his stuff, anyways he brought me over a cola which was beautiful and a clone and of the DR WHO and said he was going to change my opinion of sub so we will see...

and GGG puts out the heat cant wait to pop a few packs I scored at the MHTCC

Yea let me know how that goes I will keep my eyes out for a thread. Iv heard only positive things about GGG

chuckchill

chuckchill

thats true. for almost 10! yrs iv looked 4,a danny boy cut.or a few beans. i think it sound that good id swap ANY STRAIN 4,A CUT OF D.B. OR SEED.MY S1,G.S.C.EVEN.LOL. GREAT ON U FOR KEEPIN HIM AROUND:-) U SHOULD MAKE SOME MORE BEANS IF F U GOT MORE BEANS!
GOOD LUCK.PEACE.
C.C
View attachment 434336 Danny boy bx I have in full swing, I heard this strain has nearly died out ? How available is it

oldskool63

oldskool63

So Bummed...Picked up a few 9lb Hammer cuts from a very reputable dispensary in Portland last weekend. I just came from the quarantine room and it looks like all 3 are spitting out nanners...ugh.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Somebody dropping off some 9lb Hammer at a local dispo that is fuego! I have been finding a few random beans inside the buds though lol I'm not a fan of the guy but I've come to realize after giving one of my buddies a buncha prime cuts like the Wifi, Larry OG, LA Con, and Aligee's Kushplant for his wife's medical conditions she preferred strains like Wonder Woman, Kaboom, and Chernobyl..... o_O I know, right! She said those meds were too strong for her and the weaker TGA strains tasted great and provided the relief she needed and she was still able to function so it proves all strains don't have to be cripplers. The herm issues have to be dealt with though lol

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

My 9lb Hammer at 5 weeks from seed. I got 100% germ rate from a 10 pack. This is a very prolific growing plant that already smells amazing. I have a sister in a 7g that has fan leaves that are big enough to cover my face. I love the Jesus OG phenos which I have about 4 of as best as I can tell.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I ran a few tga strain the qush was too finicky for my noob thumb at the time but a lot of my friends wish if bring her back she was straight sour cherries and bubba super frosty and stoney just too finicky I ran the Dr who when it was a tester there's gold to be found ya just got a look no keeper for me the tardis on the other had is amazing I just bought another pack I popped 5 got 4 female 2 keepers I can't decide between the two so they stay
Oh and the Chernobyl was fire just don't expect huge yield at all head stash right there ran 2 packs and still have a keeper
All I can say about sub is his gear is unique and not all og this og that unique flavors

Oregonak

Oregonak

Here is a 9lb hammer cut I picked up in Portland. Yet to be flowered but like the pheno so far. Took several dozen cuts a few weeks back. She's a tank!

Have run tga's vortex indoors and out a couple times. OK potency, good yield, nice flavors and got some beautifully colored foxtails out of her.

Ran some beans last summer of sour lemon alien dog crossed with Chernobyl that were interesting to say the least. Seemed to present a different nose to most folks. My mom smells peaches, brother can pick it out of nearly eighty strains gets extreme lemon citrus. Personally I get lemon durian death meat diaper in the sun. Smell makes my mouth salivate and my stomach turn like I'm gonna hurl. Nicknamed her nuclear lemon dawg abduction!
IMG 20160308 120446058
IMG 20160308 120433921

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I ran a few tga strain the qush was too finicky for my noob thumb at the time but a lot of my friends wish if bring her back she was straight sour cherries and bubba super frosty and stoney just too finicky I ran the Dr who when it was a tester there's gold to be found ya just got a look no keeper for me the tardis on the other had is amazing I just bought another pack I popped 5 got 4 female 2 keepers I can't decide between the two so they stay
Oh and the Chernobyl was fire just don't expect huge yield at all head stash right there ran 2 packs and still have a keeper
All I can say about sub is his gear is unique and not all og this og that unique flavors
I like a few of his strains just based on the unique flavors and terpenes that he has. Like the mercium and even if it's not 28% thc it's the complete profile of them. A lot of strains have lost their terps and cbd's cbg and cbn's because they were breed for thc A only and people are just now understand how the more terps and cbd's really affect the medicinal value and the unique flavor you speak of. He's definitely got his place in the biz and he does do a lot of charity work as well as activism. I would give all of his strains a run just to see what may pop up and I like the variation. I haven't had hermie issues, yet knock on wood, but so many strains herm these days I don't think he deserves the bad rap people give him at all, if you don't like his gear don't run it. Go see Swerve or Arjhan lol.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I ran some of the older gear (vortex, agent orange ect) and it was ok. Never really found a keeper but to be honest I was running through a bunch of TRC gear at the time and all that sweet tooth, lavender, blackberry, blueberry ect usually will always have a keeper in it so the TGA stuff didn't stick around for long.

Top Bottom