TGA gear Dr.who & 9lb hammer

• Thread starter bubbalova
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bubbalova

bubbalova

Has anyone popped some of the Dr.who or the hammer? Would love to see/ hear about some grows with the Dr.who, I haven't seen to many, also any updates on the 9lb low germ... high hermi rate? Was it fixed?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I haven't had good luck with TGA gear. If it doesn't hermi, it grows blown out foxtail buds that take forever to make weight with. I ran some Jillybean last year, it's going to the hash pile (I'm actually making oil with it).

bubbalova

bubbalova

Thanks for the info im sorry to hear this though. Any suggestions on some good seed companies? @Seamaiden

Skoosh

Skoosh

Sea:
I had the same problem with Chernobyl. (Serious waste of time IMO)
(As with everyone I know in the Denver area, serious waste of time with ALL TGA gear.)

bubalova: Archive Seed Bank, in my opinion Fletcher (ThaDocta?) seems to be on his game, and is applying some pretty deep knowledge to his breeding efforts.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Sea:
I had the same problem with Chernobyl. (Serious waste of time IMO)
(As with everyone I know in the Denver area, serious waste of time with ALL TGA gear.)

bubalova: Archive Seed Bank, in my opinion Fletcher (ThaDocta?) seems to be on his game, and is applying some pretty deep knowledge to his breeding efforts.
Yes the docta kills it!!!! Archive is all good IMO

bubbalova

bubbalova

Thank you very much everyone it feels good to get info with out twisting someone's arm for once haha.

urban1026835

urban1026835

while not a fan of sub in the slightest I do have a timewreck cut that i have had from seed for 2 years now..if she is unhappy she produces a bunch of airy crap but it is still super frosty and real tasty..

even a good run with her does'nt produce the densest herb, but if I let her go 65+ she is still pretty nice and yields well..I will say I have contemplated pitching her quite a few times just because of the structure but have yet to find a lady i prefer more for concentrates..so until I do I will begrudgingly keep the TW- I only say begrudgingly because of my on personal opinions about sub not because of any personal bad experiences with the gear.

and it may only be 18-19 months I have had it if someone wants to get specific..honestly I don't remember.

william76

william76

He must have been sick when the apollo f4,s came out after trying to find a13 seeds for a male and when he couldn't get seeds for a male he worked on bxing his a13,biggin it up,like he had the only apollo left,bet he was pissed,when a few company's then release original apollo 13,he always acted bigheaded about havein the last apollo,id have loved to see his face when he heard of other apollo 13 seeds,thats why I won't grow his gear,his whole attitude,like his gears better than everybody else's, 76

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This isn't something I like to bring up, but way back when I first started growing, someone over on RIU sent me some beans that were said to be from his Conquistador. Now remember, I didn't know a fucking thing back then. I didn't understand about hermies, I didn't understand much more than NPK and water, I didn't really understand much more than photoperiod triggers flowering and even that understanding was limited.

But, what I *did* understand was that people seemed excited about running his strains, and so then I got excited about getting these beans. And I wanted to keep myself in beans, so I figured I'd just grow out some males and pollinate the lady-girls with them. I made the mistake of openly posting about it, and next thing I know Sub is telling me that I'm "pissing in the gene pool." It astonished me, I thought he'd be flattered that we would want to keep his lines going. I didn't realize back then what was really being said, nor that it's not ME who's pissing in the gene pool but is in fact any breeder who doesn't do their footwork.

Said a whole lot about the man for me, and it still does. ;)

devilrays

devilrays

@Seamaiden I ran Sub's Conquistador for a long time. It was a good yielder of quality flowers. I forgot all about that strain. I also was one of the very first people to get the Querkle back in the day and that was a freakin bust of a strain. Sub was always very cool to me though. So I don't have anything bad to say about him.

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

I've run a few TGA packs in the past, found a keeper jilly bean that yielded big and tasted phenomenal. I didn't like Qleaner, or agent orange, or querkle. The space queen was ok, and I actually have a female just starting in 12/12 from seed. There was also a JH cross that was pretty good, but I'm blanking on the name and don't have it anymore.

The only really stoney one was the JH cross, eventually let the big jilly bean go because the high just wasn't there.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden I ran Sub's Conquistador for a long time. It was a good yielder of quality flowers. I forgot all about that strain. I also was one of the very first people to get the Querkle back in the day and that was a freakin bust of a strain. Sub was always very cool to me though. So I don't have anything bad to say about him.
I wish I could say the same. :) What I say isn't meant personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the exchange is still there for anyone to see, and so I figure if he felt comfortable posting it publicly, so am I.

homegrownking

homegrownking

As far as TGA strains I guess I have been on the luckier side of the lottery. I have a beast of a Cheese Quake(Querkel dominance), Time Wreck(Blood Wreck pheno), a Plushberry and Vortex that have all been keepers. The one thing I have noticed is that Sub's strains are very finicky, too much of anything or too little does cause herms. But if dialed in the rewards are worth the attentiveness. All genes are not created equal, some are resilient and can be pushed to the max and some are high maintenance but well worth the work. I always separate work from personal, so whether Sub is douchey or not matters nothing to me personally so long as his work is on point. It does sound retarded to put claims on plant's genetics and say u have degraded the gene pool, when it is something innate to Earth. A few Pics; Time Wreck and then Cheese Quake. I also have a few more to come some time in the future I coped his 9 pound hammer and Jesus OG. Will let u fellow farmers know how all that comes along. Peace and Happy and prosperous farming to all.
DSC03451
DSC03458

Last edited:
S

ssteely71

IMHO TGA seeds are for experienced growers that want certain flavors. I have found anything crossed with his jack the ripper to be finiky. I grow TGA gear and Im a few months from popping a pack of dr who myself. I do have a keeper I found in a pack of tga jack skellington. Pure citrus taste like a tangerine , big lung expansion, instant clearheaded high that lasts cpl hours followed by a heavy crash Everyone says it knocks them out in the end. I say don't be afraid of his gear, just be dialed in. Lol.
Best of luck!

Ambre

Ambre

I have grown a couple of Sub's strains with good results, but none are recent. All the seeds I have from Sub are 7-9 years old. I was very happy with Jillybean and Dannyboy. I won't call either of them the most potent smoke I've ever had, but they were good and I enjoyed the flavor. I had a Jillybean that tasted like dreamsicle and another that was pure orange. I haven't had any of Sub's plants hermie. It may depend a lot on growing style and lighting.

I don't tend to push my plants. I grow hydro; my TDS at peak flowering is around 800-900. I tried higher TDS early in my hydro experiments and found that it just caused imbalances and seemed to make the plants more susceptible to problems. I use various types of fluoro lights for growing (standard shop lights for mothers/clones/seedlings, T5's supplemented with CFL's for flowering). I have tried HID's but they put out too much heat for my setup.

Top Bottom