Th Seeds Underdawg Og Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

This is only my second post on this forum. I have been posting here and there, but no other forums have as good of a following as I can tell so far from my lurking these past few weeks. I am upping my projext to include my own breeding. Though, it is a personaly project at a personal level. So it will be a very long time before I have a stable genetic of my own selective breeding. I have been growing for more than a few seasons and feel that everyone who smokes should at least be allowed to grow their own! Similar to how people craft their own beers.

I have some Underdawg OG seeds from TH Seeds. I know they are not the same as Loompa's gear. I would love one day to grow something from Loompa Farms, but I already had these seeds. And you never know, many seeds out there have the potential to be great. The seeds were FEM, which I will [going forward] only be using REG seeds and pheno hunting. Currently, I also have 8 beans of REG Cali Connection Chemdog 91 sk va starting as well as 9 REG Serious Seeds AK-47. Those will have their own journals.

I started the Underdawg OG to flower on Nov. 21, 2014. I have a few pics as it went along and will continue to post as the grow progresses.

Environment:
60" x 60" x 80" grow tent by Apollo
600 watt HPS in hood
#3 training pots
Fox Farms soil mixed with ample perlite, and trace amounts of dolomite, epsom, kelp meal, and bonemeal.
Additional Cal Mag added here and there.
Every other watering - top soil feed bat guano
Water: small increments every day or every other day by hand <wand>.
Tent is located in garage. Lights on over night from 5pm to 5am.

Current assessment - Two beans sprouted, "A" and "B". Both were topped ONE time, making clones of each. "A" was LST'd down a bit, but "B" was started 2 inches shorter than "A".
"A" was a very slow start to flower. I thought the yield was going to he very small and a waste of space, but now that it is filling in, the plant may end up being a keeper! The resin is starting to gather around the calyx and getting really thick and sticky. One of my favorite checks for a quality plant is testing the resin. I just rub my fingers on select areas and smell. Oh, my, what a smell. "A" has the smell of something I grew as my first ever cannabis grow, Jedi OG Kush. It is very fuely with a background of lemon and a hint of spice. Not a sharp smell, very soft and smooth in the nasal cavity. The nodes on the plant did not mature quickly. They were parallel almost all the way to the top of the main colas. The "B" plant nodes are staggered (matured) from almost right after the lights were flipped to flower.
"B" has already grown taller than "A" by about 2 inches on day 43 for "A" and day 26 for plant "B".

What else is in the room with them:
Th seeds underdawg og grow journal

Day 1 - Underdawg OG from TH Seeds
Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 2

From here on, just look at the date stamps and calculate :)

Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 3

Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 4

Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 5

Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 6

Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 7

Th seeds underdawg og grow journal 8

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

is that cotton candy from delicious seeds?i have a pack of them sitting for a couple years.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

is that cotton candy from delicious seeds?i have a pack of them sitting for a couple years.

Sorry, it is from a clone I acquired so I cannot verify anything about it. I really do hope it is, but I am highly skeptical. Plus, I have to rely on the person that germinated the seed originally that they used a good pheno to mother. But, this whole batch is really a special batch. I gathered a sample of clones from anywhere I could in Orange County and am running them all against each other to see which might be keepers to maybe work into breeding. But that will be a choice for the future. Right now I am sampling everything.

So far, the best plant in that garden is the NYC Diesel. It has the right color, strecth, resin production, high yield. But the finger rub resin test gives off only a mild resin odor. It still smells dank, son't get me wrong. Just not as pungent as the Underdawg OG, XJ-13 (which smells like Mr. Bubbles), and the Tahoe OG (very lemon candy).

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Pics from today.

So far pics have only been of "A". I will include some "B". The "A" looks very, very delicious. The pictures hardly do them justice.

"A"
IMG 0054   Copy
IMG 0056   Copy
IMG 0057   Copy
IMG 0062   Copy
IMG 0069   Copy

I LOVE the way this forum uploads pics. Some forums are so shitty, need to upload on 3rd party sites and link. Also, I can post a lot of pics. So far have not been limited. More pics = better for Everyone!

"B"
IMG 0065   Copy
IMG 0067   Copy

H

happy b

I got a couple of th underdawg og as freebies at the end of 2013. One pheno was exactly like a good chem in structure but had no funk and the other was a short 100%indica looking pheno (nothing like a chem)but it did have a bit of funk. If you had a full pack or two to go through you would probably find a winner . Although they were VERY sensitive to light . any light leaks whatsoever (i mean even a pin prick)will turn them back to veg.

H

happy b

Just not as pungent as the Underdawg OG, XJ-13 (which smells like Mr. Bubbles), and the Tahoe OG (very lemon candy).[/QUOTE]
Do you mean mr bubble from th seeds?(bubblegum x kali mist)

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Do you mean mr bubble from th seeds?(bubblegum x kali mist)

The XJ-13 came from my expedition of gathering clones from all of the OC area (So Cal). So I can only say as much as the place I obtained it from told me (did not come from a friend, not yet proven), but it does smell like Mr. Bubbles, the bath time bubble maker :) Very sweet and almost like a blend of bubble gum and lavender soap.

The only problem I am having with it is it is more sensitive to the nutrient system I use, so I will have to dial it in. And the yield is looking poor, unless it goes for a LONG time, then it may fill in. Though, the flowers are starting to show signs of maturing. So it is slowly falling down my list of possible keepers. But the true test will be the final result.

Also, the XJ-13 is an EASY cloner. Man, just one week and roots are starting to pop out of the plug.

H

happy b

That's a nicely set up grow space . I need to get a few of the fluorescent tubes myself as they seem like a good way to save a bit of space,you know instead of having a hanging light . I like the way you downloaded a video of your own grow . I have absoloutley no idea how to do that . Do you have to upload it to utube first?

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@ Littledabby

Thanks!

@ b happy

I started a utube channel years ago and had a bunch of vids including grows and how-to's, but took all of my videos down when I moved from a single stealth closet to my entire garage. So much space now!!

But yes, I just uploaded my video and it gives you a link to copy and paste for forums. I just wanted to see how compatible this forum was and it is very easy.

H

happy b

Good . I look forward to seeing more . I'm a computer retard so I'm not clued up enough to do that but I wish more people did it.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Update, just because.

"B" has really put the stretch on. Well, shes a strong grower at the least. The thing is she is putting on some frost a little earlier than "A" did. And "B"s tops are growing slightly faster/bigger than "A" at the same stage.

"A" is starting day 46 of flower in the pic, and
"B" is starting day 30

"A"
IMG 0099

IMG 0101   Copy

and "B"
IMG 0104   Copy

now, side-by-side,
IMG 0097   Copy
IMG 0098   Copy

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Oh, btw, everything in my stock is new. So, everything is on its first run. Now that I know how this plant handles a single topping, I think it would be best suited for a few toppings, making a lot of medium sized buds. Or, let it veg longer with 4+ mains so they can build decent colas. I started both of these at only 8 and 6 inches tall. I have the lights set for 11.5 hours of light only. I was watching a cannabis cup breeding discussion and I think it was DJ Short that said to see a little more variance in phenotypes, only use 11 hours of light and 13 in the dark cycle. I figured a good medium was in order for my first run on these strains.

I've gone through a few really nice strains out there. But only recently decided to start playing with selective breeding. There have been a few keepers I could kick myself for. I had a delicious Vortex from a clone here in Orange County. Also among the dreadfully missed, a very uniquely flavored Jedi OG, and my most sorely missed, Critical #47 by Positronic Seeds. I popped a single fem seed, grown in solo 5 gal DWC, the air hose pinched and the plant went almost 2 days without air. It survived like a trooper and still put out some of the best tasting herb I have ever grown. I did not have a clone of that one, if I could go back in time, I would get two things: a set of winning lotto numbers and a clone from that plant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom