• Tagged users None

What do you think about this thread?

• Total voters
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Med Gro

How's it going everyone? I'm gonna post the rest of my current grow on here because I think some people will find it interesting. I am growing 5-Thai x Super Skunk(freebie from G13 Lab) from seed, 1-Chocolope(clone), & 3-Dutch Dragon x DJ Short Blueberry(clones). I am growing in 50% FFOF 45% Roots Organic Natural & Organic Potting Soil,& 5% perlite. I am using Fox Farm nutes, Clonex(aerocloner), Neem Oil for bugs(there are none), and I will dabble in the usage of molasses as soon as I find the black strap variety. I start my clones from mothers then root with Clonex and an aerocloner. I then transplant to red cups till about 6" tall, then transplant into 3 gallon pots. They will be staying in the 3 gallon pots this whole flower cycle. I am using a 400 watt HPS w/ an air cooled hood for flower, and a 400 watt MH conversion bulb for veg along with some CFL sup lighting. My grow room is a 5 x 5 x 5 flower tent I made with PVC and Visqueen(panda paper). My mother/veg area is under construction so I am using a closet space till that project is complete. Mothers and clones are under CFLs.

I wasn't planning on posting this grow. Then I remembered when I was looking up info on the Thai x Super Skunks from G13 Labs. It is hard to find anyone patient enough for the grow diary and a 12-14 week flower period! So I figured I would put mine on for reference for the next farmer.:sun

The good thing is all you farmers interested in seeing this grow before you try to grow the tall, lanky sativa will get a good idea of what to expect. I plan to run all my plants for the FULL recommended max flower time. Again I PLAN on this just to see what the maxed out plant could look like. In addition to a long flower and some amber glands I will try to find the perfect time to harvest these particular ladies.

Strains:
I have grown Chocolope a couple runs as the primary strain from my mothers so I'm mixing it up a bit for some change. I love the Chocolope that I have. I got a cut from a friend who got a pack of Fem Chocolope beans from DNA in the Dam.

The Dutch Dragon x DJ Short Blueberry is a new addition for me as I have never grown it out fully yet. I got the cut from a friend who's brother is a breeder then grew a mother. I have 3 of them in this grow so we'll see what happens.

The Thai x Super Skunk like I said was a freebie pack from G13 Labs that I got from a buddy that didn't like the flower times. I know that I am in for a ride with this strain as it can get very tall and I have a 5' ceiling.

Since we are starting this grow off at flower I'll let you know what has happened thus far in the garden to get you all up to speed.

I started the 5 seeds two months ago and they all popped within 2 days. I scuff,soak,wet paper towel, and finally plant in my soil mix. I wanted these plants to get the full 2 months to mature before flowering them so... when they reached 6 inches or so I topped them all. This of course gave me two main shoots and the two smaller ones just under them. (All this time I am waiting for the Chocolope and DDB to root) I then put my rooted clones into their red cups to establish good roots. Now the issue was that the clones were way shorter then the TSSs. I decided to top the TSSs again using the tallest shoots as victims. Some days pass and the plants are closer in height. Now I have 4 or more tops on the TSSs and the clones have grown to a better height to induce flowering. All this time I trim the small under brush for fact that they will not grow big and the canopy will be to dense for them. I then cloned the TSSs taking 2/plant and labeling for future mommas if they turn out good. I am not worried about males as I will use them for breeding later if the bud is good.

Flowering starts tomorrow and I will be adding photos a lot so pull up a chair sativa lovers!! Leave me some love while your here too!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Some shots day before flower induction

Here are some pictures from today. I will begin flowering tomorrow. I'm switching to HPS tomorrow by the way. The picture shows the TSSs around the perimeter and the 4 in the center area are the DDB and Chlp. The 2 in the red cups are TSSs clones I took while toping. I'm not sure which seed it was from but whatever just throwing them in there for fun. The plants will be easier to see when I take individual shots later.

Left
Center
Right
Peek a boo
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Update

Here are some shots from today. It's only the 2nd day of 12/12 so nothing real impressive yet. I have switched to a 400 watt HPS for flowering. The shot of the cloner has 2 clones per TSS in the garden for possible mothers or fathers if the ladies perform. The small clone is a DDxBB that I put in there because I always have something rooting lol. So here are the shots already.

Chocolope day 2
DDBB day 2
DDBB day 2a
Group day 2
Group shot right
TSS day 2
TSS day 2a
TSS day 2b
TSS day 2c
TSS day 2d
TSS day 2e
TSS mom dad clones
darksideX

darksideX

lookin' good bro..i'm curious how the thai x ss will turn out for u :)
good luck on the rest of ur grow!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
As you can sorta see in the pictures above I have topped the TSSs twice each. I did this to try and harness the heights that this sativa dom is known to do. The Dutch Dragon x Blueberrys and the solo Chocolope have not been topped at all. I do not plan on topping or LSTing the DDB/Chlp. I want to try and focus most of their energy in bigger cola production rather then a supercropped bush profile. I have supercropped the Chlp a few grows in the past and the yields weren't what I was looking for. My main goal with this grow is to obviously check out the Thai x Super Skunk strain, and find a nice male/female for breeding. I am already seeing traits in these TSSs that I like/dislike. I noticed that some of the leaves on the TSS#4 are showing more of a Skunk pheno. As for some of the other phenos in the small bunch I noticed at least two that are looking a bit stretchy/lanky, but who knows? Time will only tell. Hopefully I will get some farmers to come by and add some comments on my first THCfarmer grow diary. Till then...

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks

lookin' good bro..i'm curious how the thai x ss will turn out for u :)
good luck on the rest of ur grow!

Thanks for the luck DarksideX. Yeah I am a bit concerned about the height too. If I have to I can use some bondage to hold her down a bit. Stay tuned or check back later.

H

high-tothesky

Nice plants you got here, im interested in the DD X BB cross sounds nasty.
Btw, this lil plants you have, I thinks those are the ones that come from seeds, maybe are not goona yield so big because of the short veg time.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Nice plants you got here, im interested in the DD X BB cross sounds nasty.
Btw, this lil plants you have, I thinks those are the ones that come from seeds, maybe are not goona yield so big because of the short veg time.

Thanks for stopping by. The plants from seed are actually over 2 months old. I topped the TSSs that are from seed to try to keep them somewhat short. The TSS is known to be tall so I need to start it off short in order to tame the height after the initial stretch period of flowering. The shortest plants, in the plastic cups, are also TSS, but they are clones taken from the plants from seed. I want to have short plants so that my lights can penetrate as much of the canopy as possible. So if the plants get to be like 3' then I'll be glad I topped them.The yield should be okay IMO for a sativa dominate strain as long as the TSS doesn't stretch too much. As for the DDxB I am pretty stoked on this strain as I haven't grown it out or smoked it before. We shall see.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Crombien211 you have a lovely assortment of cannabis, Cant wait for the flowers.

G81

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Crombien211 you have a lovely assortment of cannabis, Cant wait for the flowers.

G81

Thanks! Yeah I really need to have a variety around to keep it interesting. My issue is that with sativa doms I need taste and smell and well you know. I really enjoy my Chocolope. My problem in past grows was that I wasn't letting the buds really mature fully. I was into the soaring high from slightly milky trichs. Now I find myself smoking a large sum of sativa dom buds almost looking for a slight indica buzz. This is when I figured I'd add something like the Dutch Dragon x Blueberry to still be a sativa dom flower but add that nice kick of flavor, smell, and buzz to the flavorful DD by way of DJ Shorts Blueberry. I too can not wait for the flowers my friend.:mad0233:

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Update

Ok farmers I'm back from my trip. When I returned from holiday I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ladies are doing well. So here are some updated shots of the plants in the second week of flower. I still have yet to determine the sex of the TSSs. I have read in other threads and through research that the TSS might not show sex till about 2-3 weeks into flower. Either way I don't mind males, but would like different female phenos instead. So far the TSS seems to be very stable. Well enough chit chat on to the shots.

DDBB week 2
TSS and DDBB week 2
TSS week2
DDBB week2
Baby TSS week 2
Baby TSS 2 week 2
Baby TSS 3 week 2
Group shot week 2
TSS week 2
DDBB 2 week 2
Group week 2
TSS week 2
TSS week 2
Chocolope week 2
TSs week 2
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So what are your thoughts thus far? Any comments good or bad? I'm looking for some black strap mollassas still to add during the 4-6 week period. I still need to attatch my carbon filter too. I don't use it till the smell starts to help the filter last longer.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So a quick update for the people that are actually following this grow. I have found 2 males out of the 5 TSS seeds thus far. I made a no brainer decision on which was the best male out of the two to keep for possible future breeding projects. I put the flowering boys to rest clearing up more room in the flowering room. I have two clones already in 4" pots of the male of choice, TSS#5. Healthy, great color, great branching, strong stems, good internode distance, and not a real tall plant considering his genes.

So to recap on what's still going. I have 3- Thai x Super Skunk(most likely females), 1-Chocolope, & 3- Dutch Dragon x DJ Shorts Blueberry. The Chocolope and DD x B are from clones by the way. The TSSs were from seed if you are just joining us. For HAHAs I have three TSSs in large fast food cups(with holes of course). One of these HAHA TSSs is definitely female.

So now that I have culled the males from the room and noted the corresponding clones as males/perspective dadda plant I can now rest at ease that the pollen is gone for now. I will still keep an eye on the other 3 TSSs and look for Hermies and more males. Anyway till our next update...

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
*Update*
So I went through the TSSs again to check for sexual expression and found two more males. Now I have three males to choose from and only one female. I might just do a small number of seeds this run to get stock for the future. I kept two of my males and trimmed them down to two main stalks. I will keep them away from the other females when the boys start showing maturity. I want to make a few crosses while I have the pollen available. I want to paint some pollen on the TSS female for stock, and I want to try to get a few seeds from the DD x BB, and the chocolope.

Not sure what I will do just yet but either way I have a female clone reverting back to veg for mother purposes, and like I said three clones of the boys. I have two #5s(male), one #4(male), and a #2(male) cloned. I was hoping for A male not four males lol. One of the other males TSS#1 didn't clone well so it was cut from that point. Like I said in the past these are F1s from G13 Labs. Chocolate Thai x Super Skunk would be an interesting male to cross with my female Chocolope. That woudl be like 50% Chocolate Thai, 25% Super Skunk, and 25% Cannalope Haze. Right? I can then backcross the offspring with either mom or dad to nail down the pheno/geno that I like. Well we'll see..

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So I figured that it was time for another update for the farmers that are waiting for some flowers. I am currently in the end of week 3 of flowering. Like I had stated before I am most likely going to be flowering the ladies, and 1 male (we’ll get to him soon) to the extreme as listed by the breeder. I am going to let the Dutch Dragon x DJ Short Blueberry, and the Chocolope flower 10 weeks or until the trichomes tell me they are mature. I usually go by the color of the trichs using a 420 scope. I just want to see what will happen if I let them mature to the end of the window that the breeder set forth.
So out of the 5 seeds that I planted 4 of them were males. I saved the best looking male and I am continuing to flower it out. I culled the remaining males and discarded them. Now I have the male clone that I took earlier to save genetics transplanted into a 4 gallon pot for future breeding projects. I hope to use the pollen from the F-1 male that is still in my flower room. I hope to pollinate a couple branches on my Thai x Super Skunk female for stock and maybe a couple Chocolope x Thai x Super Skunks are in order too. I am debating a cross with my Dutch Dragon x Blueberry for chance that it would be interesting to see what phenos are developed. I am interested in this male because the F1s are very stable looking considering that I popped only 5 beans. This is why I want to produce some F2s from my #4 male, and my #3 female. This way I can look for better phenos, and have some stock of these genetics for future use. I don’t plan on having the male in the flowering room the whole time as this could cause a seed crop. I will leave him in there till I see that he is maturing enough to worry, which he isn’t just yet.
As you will see in the updated pictures there are some new plants in there. I took a female Thai x Super skunk out to use as a mother, and I added a Chocolope mamma that needs to go to add space in the mother area. I have 2 Chocolope mothers so I’m not worried about flowering this one out now. Hell I might even seed the mother and see what she produces.
Recap
I have 1 male TSS that is still in the flower room and I added a CHLP mother. I plan to pollinate a female TSS for F2s and the Chocolope mamma for experiments sake. I am interested to see if the Chocolope (Chocolate Thai x Cantaloupe Haze) which is 95% sativa and 5% indica crossed with the TSS which is Chocolate Thai x Super Skunk will produce a mostly Chocolate Thai with some phenos that have some Cantaloupe Haze/Super Skunk traits for selection. I want to try to isolate the chocolate Thai for breeding purposes. I wouldn’t be upset either if I could get the Super Skunk or Cantaloupe Haze alone either, but that’s down the road and not a priority. I enjoy the chocolate smell and taste and would love to breed that with other strains of shorter flowering times to bring the 12-14 week flower times down.
Anyways here are some pictures…

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Picture update

Here are the pics that your looking for.:winking0067:
The first shot is of the mother plants. Notice how sexy the cloned TSS female mother is(lower left). You can tell that the flowering TSS female is curling under from over fert, she is sensative to fert so far, gotta leach and add less fert next time. Enjoy and feel free to ask questions.

Mothers
DD x BB week 3 down up
DD x BB week 3 bottom up
CHLP mamma top down
TSS male week 3 baby flowers
Ddxbb week 3 topdown
Dd x bb week 3 updown
Ddxbb week3 top down
Ddxbb week3 topdown
TSS 4 male
Ddx bb week 3
TSS week 3 female
CHLP week 3
CHLP mamma
Ddxbb week 3
DD x BB week 3
Ddxbb week 3a
J

Jobo

looking good man. Hopefully that 1 TSS is a keeper! I cant wait too see it finish.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
looking good man. Hopefully that 1 TSS is a keeper! I cant wait too see it finish.

Yeah really I hope she is too! I kept a male and a female from the F1s. I'm hoping that there is a gem in the F2. I have a shot of the female and male TSS above that shows that the female is def more Choco Thai and the male is more super skunk. We'll see what happens.:420:

B

been

Hey Crom! Saw your post in tSLT and followed you on over. :damnhippie: IMHO, you should make all your seeds now and cull the last male. I think you'd be happier choosing from a larger pool, but that's just me. It is an F1 after all and the potential is all you really need. Maybe you could find a quicker pheno in the F2s and work better with that. Whatever you do, I'll be lurking. :420:

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hey Crom! Saw your post in tSLT and followed you on over. :damnhippie: IMHO, you should make all your seeds now and cull the last male. I think you'd be happier choosing from a larger pool, but that's just me. It is an F1 after all and the potential is all you really need. Maybe you could find a quicker pheno in the F2s and work better with that. Whatever you do, I'll be lurking. :420:

Thanks for checking out my current grow Been. I would make my seeds now but I don't have any pollen available right now. The sacks aren't ripe for collection yet. As soon as I can pollinate I will as I am looking for that faster maturing F2. I'm new to breeding so I am learning everyday. Is there a way to tell how long the male will take to mature for pollen collection other then keeping an eye on the pods? I mean the female calls for 12-14 weeks for maturation. Will the male take like 10-12 weeks for viable pollen since males mature faster and earlier then females? Hmm I was figuring that I'd wait till the sacks were LOOKING ready as per books and research I've done. Thanks for the tip to put my link in my signature I've been meaning to do that. It's just frustrating when you put things on the farm and people stop by without saying anything lol. I want feed back lol. Thanks again Been I'm looking forward to future contact with you!:420:

Latest posts

Top Bottom