Thanks for all your help!

• Thread starter MegaSuiter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

So my first grow is coming to an end and I am happy with what I got with what I had to use.
I started sometime in march and I got some what looked to be clones a guy really didn't want so I got three for $10! Diesel, sour diesel, and pineapple kush.
I bought a fish tank and some cheap magnetic ballasts and I was off, with a couple brown exhaust fans as well. The temps were perfect starting out....in my closet mind you. It was around 70 all the time, sure did keep the algae and water temps to a minimal. But that changed rapidly when summer came. The mylar then went up along with a smaller 5 gallon fish tank, original was 10 gallon, for a chiller. Which with some more thought and better pumps would have worked better. Came home to find the primary tank almost overflowing plenty of times. The roots came fast and hard, I can only imagine what kind of root masses can be achieved with over five gallons per plant. I didn't top, super crop, or LST. Just let them go their course because before they went into flower in had no idea about any stress training or anything besides basic knowledge really.
I wanted to make this post more organized, but I have been reading so long that I just want to get into the community and share my experience so I can gain more. I just harvested my sour diesel with a low yield, but man was that a small plant. Its my personal stash so whatever. And am waiting another week or so depending on if my room doesn't get to 90 degrees too often! I will update more as my sour is drying. thanks again.

Thanks for all your help
Thanks for all your help 2
Thanks for all your help 3
Thanks for all your help 4
Thanks for all your help 5
Thanks for all your help 6
Thanks for all your help 7
Thanks for all your help 8
Thanks for all your help 9
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi Mega. Keep those Diesels around if you can at all (clone 'em yourself), they WILL produce for you when you get conditions down. That temp will definitely affect yield, but pretty damn good for your first grow!

May I suggest changing out the Mylar for styrofoam sheets? First, they're CHEAP. Second, they actually reflect more of that expensive light than Mylar (just look up woodsmaneh's comparison of materials--he found that Mylar is LESS reflective than a brown towel). Third, they'll insulate that closet.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Making mistakes and getting better every grow is what it's all about. No one I've ever met that grows has it all figured out. You did a great job for a first run. I've never been a fan of Mylar either. There are a lot of alternatives even flat white painted plywood works great. I've never been a big sour d fan but it will yield for you when you get things down. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you knock it out of the park on future runs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's what I like about the Diesel lines, too. Easy to make weight. Same with the Chemdog lines I've run, super-easy to make weight.

MegaSuiter

MegaSuiter

Yeah giving them 36 hours of DARKNESS then chopping and changing. Going over the things right now that I will need to improve. I have a room in the back of my house that I am setting up as we speak. The closet was convienently inconvenient if you know what I mean. Like who has time to put all their clothes in a dresser anyways?!?! Air circulation was probably my largest draw back which affected temps a lot since I was drawing and pushing from my attic with brown fans! 90cfm ain't shit! Aquaponics though...I think those fish made up for what I lacked for sure. And water temps! Jesus 84 degrees sometimes. Frozen 2 liters don't even barely cool it for a few hours. A/c unit converted in a cooler will be coming to unless I find other cheaper ways. But I feel selfish talking about this on and on. So more research for me. Be looking at all your growers even closer! I did weigh out my sour and it looks like it is holding at ten grams. Nothing to brag about, but I am really curiua of how the quality will be. And I took the top cola off the pineapple so then others could get a little before they die :). Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah giving them 36 hours of DARKNESS then chopping and changing. Going over the things right now that I will need to improve. I have a room in the back of my house that I am setting up as we speak. The closet was convienently inconvenient if you know what I mean. Like who has time to put all their clothes in a dresser anyways?!?! Air circulation was probably my largest draw back which affected temps a lot since I was drawing and pushing from my attic with brown fans! 90cfm ain't shit! Aquaponics though...I think those fish made up for what I lacked for sure. And water temps! Jesus 84 degrees sometimes. Frozen 2 liters don't even barely cool it for a few hours. A/c unit converted in a cooler will be coming to unless I find other cheaper ways. But I feel selfish talking about this on and on. So more research for me. Be looking at all your growers even closer! I did weigh out my sour and it looks like it is holding at ten grams. Nothing to brag about, but I am really curiua of how the quality will be. And I took the top cola off the pineapple so then others could get a little before they die :). Thanks!
I go with piles on the floor. I have a clean pile, a kinda dirty pile, and then a 'you can't wear this until you wash it!' pile. :D

If you're having issues cooling the room inexpensively, then you simply MUST read up on woodsmaneh's methods, which I think ttystick also uses. A (water) chiller, cooling water *and* the room via a car radiator. I believe their rooms are sealed, no outside air exchange, in order for this method to work best.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Welcome to the farm Mega...good luck in all your future endeavors. MGG

Top Bottom