THC Levels

• Thread starter Papa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

That is universally true for outdoors, and only partially for indoors (since the last method can provide sun-like light power for just a small zone -- about 2-3 feet -- under the lamp).

Good luck!

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Geometry limitations are different indoors vs out, but indoors has the advantages of both total control and custom training. There are plenty of people getting creative with the shapes of things indoors, so I think the opposite as you; that soon there will be some steps forward in indoor lighting efficiency.

bat_j

bat_j

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Geometry limitations are different indoors vs out, but indoors has the advantages of both total control and custom training. There are plenty of people getting creative with the shapes of things indoors, so I think the opposite as you; that soon there will be some steps forward in indoor lighting efficiency.

Indeed, these would be the 600-watters High Pressure Sodium and Metal-Halide lamps. Of course, there is also LED-lighting, which allows for a more homogenous dispersal of light around the indoor-grown plants, but one should kindly agree, that the best plants are being grown mostly on outdoor light -- the sun itself --, which is the best light available.

Good luck!

P.S.: It is an amazing poem that you have in your signature!

soserthc1

soserthc1

I totally agree with this statement as light indoors is 100% controllable and your light perimeter is depended on your liking , not enough add more lights (higher spectrum) as outdoors you can get a more intense sunlight , I mean inside we are attempting to mimic sunlight inside the only difference is it can not be sunny for several days at a time .

Also the light statement i made above about the top of the plant being more thc rich can also work in reverse if you top cola's receive to much or are to close to the light essentially burning your tricome heads and making your weed taste like hay . I have found this to be more prevalent when not topping and allowing 1 big cola also becomes more susceptible to mold , bud rot .....

SoSeRtHc1

bat_j

bat_j

Just talked to the lab. there is no discernible difference between top and bottom nugs. Bottom nugs just have no bag appeal.

Indeed, and they are also the most cumbersome to trim.

V

vino

i sent in for THC / Terpenes / Pesticide. usually takes one day, but with the pesticide test its a few days longer. Ill post results once i receive them.

frebo

frebo

Just talked to the lab. there is no discernible difference between top and bottom nugs. Bottom nugs just have no bag appeal.

So it is just time.....
Last year I was able to have a shishkaberry/Docs medicine cross tested at 21.38% for the initial bud harvest and 17.8% for the LOWER remaining buds(3 weeks later). I believe that the highest thc levels often do not feel as strong as some lower thc plants that have a different ratio to CBD's and CBN's.

V

vino

That is a whole different subject. Ive always followed the rule of chop all at once. Dry all at once. cure at all once. Things change when you leave buds on your plant for an extra wek or two. Your stressing the shit out of the plant, and it starts to degrade.

Do you do a 2 week flush? or is that now a 5 week flush?

If its all chopped at the same time, i think youll find its all the same.

frebo

frebo

That is a whole different subject. Ive always followed the rule of chop all at once. Dry all at once. cure at all once. Things change when you leave buds on your plant for an extra wek or two. Your stressing the shit out of the plant, and it starts to degrade.

Do you do a 2 week flush? or is that now a 5 week flush?

If its all chopped at the same time, i think youll find its all the same.
So if I left the whole plant three more weeks, does it lose the same thc or not? Many people say to STRESS a plant. Grapes are supposed to benefit from stress. There are less leaves to help support the buds, but there are less buds, too.
I did continue to give them molasses and a little kelp. There is plenty still working in the soil. I do pull some all at once but I have done this a lot over the years(44). I get a lot of nice little purple buds that have gotten a little larger after exposing them to more light, real sunlight. I am plenty satisfied doing it the way I do. Maybe I am too old to change.

V

vino

From what inunderstand is , its all pretty much the same when you chop.

But if you keep bottoms and keep feeding that changes things.

So on a 9 week schedule, when do you chop? week7 and week10?

Everyone does things different and if it works for you, then booyah' do it!

that extra 3 weeks you plump up fluff, id rather put fresh new plants in flower, then count on an extra few grams and extra work.

frebo

frebo

From what inunderstand is , its all pretty much the same when you chop.

But if you keep bottoms and keep feeding that changes things.

So on a 9 week schedule, when do you chop? week7 and week10?

Everyone does things different and if it works for you, then booyah' do it!

that extra 3 weeks you plump up fluff, id rather put fresh new plants in flower, then count on an extra few grams and extra work.
I don't grow indoor, just keep mothers alive. With 24 plants I maybe still doing some trimming in April. So, there is not a shortage here and you would be disgusted with what ends up being worm compost. Things will be different when they FINALLY legalize it. I said in the seventies it would be legal by year 2000. That was not the only time I have been wwwwrrrronnng. This next week I will be harvesting all those little buds as the freezing nights are coming. When dry I use a SPINPRO to trim them and it does an amazing job saving a LOT of hand trimming. I am slow trimming - only about 3/4 lb per 6 hour day.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I don't have a lab or the funds to run test sir but that is interesting that you buds came back the same thc lev at the top and lowers. It shold be easy to find a true and proven way to drain every last drop of thc from the plant in the last weeks if you can test the results. I look forward to hearing of new technics to finish off flowering and not just this guy did it this way and has the best smoke.

If my smoke is so better than your, of course I am going to tell you but them in the dark for 3 days when I do the opposite and leave the light on for 3 days instead. Can you dig it. About the dark think, I understand its a hormone thing with the plant, making it think it life is over and for it to give one last spurt of what if has left, but if you have no light then how can the plant make energy? Yes is has reserves but three days worth? Yes in food and nute but not photocynthisis yes? I am no expert but take this out of the books and writings of others. Thank you

Ps the spin pro takes all your thc and makes the buds look less appealing IMO

frebo

frebo

[quote="BrianDirt,

Ps the spin pro takes all your thc and makes the buds look less appealing IMO[/quote]

I hand trim the large buds but the SPINPRO does a nice job on those little "family" buds, like little marbles. There is still a lot of thc left and any thing not on your bud is still in the bowl. I think you probably were a little aggressive and should have stopped sooner. Oh, and once more, "trimming is over rated"

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

now i have to ask?
do you folks actually believe this ?
is your common sense agreeing with this post?
i see some like's attributed to this post
is this your way of agreeing ?

i'm not sure if this is just idiocy or propaganda
it certainly is not fact

fwiw

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I hit 'like' because I figure at least he went to the trouble to have it tested, and I'm giving the poster the benefit of the doubt. I can't say anything else about it.

V

vino

i see you have an obvious bias against labs a d testing. its ok. surely aint prop and surely aint idiocy.

You have a Phd? Are you a biochemist?

If you are, your opinion is great, if not, its just opinion. I asked someone with years of schooling and studying and a lab with high regard in this state and city.

Propagandha would also mean I am hyping my lab. have you noticed that I have not promoted them to push this "propaghanda" .

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Here is my lab/tester ATM. I would love to see a test of every bud I grew out, to see if differnt methods of growing make better buds. It may become standard practice in the near future to see anything sold from the clubs comes with lab papers, sure would hurt the small growers and let big buisness take over! If you got the lab papers from the test would you mind giving a link or better yet just post the results up on the thread for the fun of it.

Grow 002

V

vino

Here is my lab/tester ATM. I would love to see a test of every bud I grew out, to see if differnt methods of growing make better buds. It may become standard practice in the near future to see anything sold from the clubs comes with lab papers, sure would hurt the small growers and let big buisness take over! If you got the lab papers from the test would you mind giving a link or better yet just post the results up on the thread for the fun of it.

View attachment 348101

I should have results back tom/Tuesday. Definitely will post.
The only way to do it now in CA with any integrity to sell to legitimate dispensaries is to have your stuff tested. Doesn't cost much. If it's a product you think is worthy of top billing, get it tested and show it. Otherwise it's up to the clubs, and majority of them skimp on every dollar. And when you go in to vend , 99% of them say to leave a sample, we'll call you. What a joke.

Top Bottom