ThcA crystals

• Thread starter Jscheer212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jscheer212

Jscheer212

Interested in learning to grow and make them.
beginner and uneducated.
I already shop for the thc crystals and enjoy them very much!!
I would just like to learn more about them how to make them and such
I bought the jar pictured at my local shop for $40. On sale.
Do these recrystalize in sauce or am I just silly to think that??
Help me I feel stupid and I want to learn!!
Teach meh!!

Thca crystals
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That looks like a product I have purchased in Bay City. It's called diamonds and sauce. It's definitely very good and tasty! I've been told it's actually a live resin and the extraction is done with CO2.

Scrogster

Scrogster

Those you have there are called diamonds wich is thc-a then the then that liquid they are in is yes terp sauce looks tasty.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Interested in learning to grow and make them.
beginner and uneducated.
I already shop for the thc crystals and enjoy them very much!!
I would just like to learn more about them how to make them and such
I bought the jar pictured at my local shop for $40. On sale.
Do these recrystalize in sauce or am I just silly to think that??
Help me I feel stupid and I want to learn!!
Teach meh!!
To make thc-a you will want to get familiar with separating kief from bud and using a rosin press. Once you have some nice thick, opaque rosin (most will end up this way after a day or two of curing after being pressed) you can mechanically separate the thc-a by pressing it lightly with a 25 micron screen starting at 120f and again every ten degrees until you reach 210f. This will squeeze out all the oily terps and leave behind the nearly 100% pure thc-a. I have a thread detailing most of this process here. This is what the thc-a will look like when you are done:
20191106 213036 HDR

You can then take this thc-a, break it up into little pieces, and reintroduce as much or as little of the terpenes you have extracted as you like to get a final product that is even better than the one you have pictured. To get the clear crystals like that involves a much more expensive, hazardous, and time consuming (months) extraction process using butane that most people agree results in inferior qualtiy when compared to rosin(solventless) extracts.

Scrogster

Scrogster

To make thc-a you will want to get familiar with separating kief from bud and using a rosin press. Once you have some nice thick, opaque rosin (most will end up this way after a day or two of curing after being pressed) you can mechanically separate the thc-a by pressing it lightly with a 25 micron screen starting at 120f and again every ten degrees until you reach 210f. This will squeeze out all the oily terps and leave behind the nearly 100% pure thc-a. I have a thread detailing most of this process here. This is what the thc-a will look like when you are done:
View attachment 927260
You can then take this thc-a, break it up into little pieces, and reintroduce as much or as little of the terpenes you have extracted as you like to get a final product that is even better than the one you have pictured. To get the clear crystals like that involves a much more expensive, hazardous, and time consuming (months) extraction process using butane that most people agree results in inferior qualtiy when compared to rosin(solventless) extracts.
Weird I made thc-a by just using my dabpress as you stated with rosin same way as increasing the temp. 10deg. After said and done my thc-a was clear then I melted it on the press let cool and break up add to left over terp sauce. Ill find my pics and post.

FourthCity

FourthCity

This is what I made using the 6ton dab press 25u bag heat and presure and some good rosin.
I stop at the step in your third and fourth pictures, I don't like heating it up again after its already separated. Looks like you got a good yield there, nice press!

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Can you explain how you went from rosin to the white chunks? Then you heat cured it?
I think rosin pressed from full melt, then decarb'd and then left on. a heating mat for a week or so. I've seen the rosin turn a green shade, then after heat treatment it goes golden and developed the-a crystalline structures.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I think rosin pressed from full melt, then decarb'd and then left on. a heating mat for a week or so. I've seen the rosin turn a green shade, then after heat treatment it goes golden and developed the-a crystalline structures.

it sounded like he pressed rosin through 25U then heat cured......

FourthCity

FourthCity

Can you explain how you went from rosin to the white chunks? Then you heat cured it?
Any buttery texture rosin pressed multiple times in 10 degree increments and 90 second intervals starting at 100f working up to 240f. Each press squeezes out terpenes leaving the white thc-a behind in the 25 micron rosin bag.
Good video by nugsmasher:

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Any buttery texture rosin pressed multiple times in 10 degree increments and 90 second intervals starting at 100f working up to 240f. Each press squeezes out terpenes leaving the white thc-a behind in the 25 micron rosin bag.
Good video by nugsmasher:

I have a bunch and def gonna play with this next week

FourthCity

FourthCity

I have a bunch and def gonna play with this next week
The video is great for showing the technique but I promise its still straight forward without the fancy nugsmasher touch, can't wait to see your results! Btw, without the pressure control I think the key is just having a light touch when you do each press.

steamroller

steamroller

This is a very interesting thread .
Just got some THC A crystal and started digging on how this is made ..

Top Bottom