The Adventures of Winta.....

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
winta

winta

So i had another thread up with my stuff but it got cluttered and confusing (to me at least lol) now this one will show new genetics i get, new tricks i try, new nutes, etc. SO i decided to bonsai my mother plants so i went through the tutorial here at the farm and did it! i got some 5" square pots and mixed up some happy frog and sunshine #4. then i took my underdawg #1 out of its 1gal pot and cut about 3 1/2" off the bottom of the soil (this left 2 1/2" of soil from the surface). i then measured 3 1/2" on the remainder then cut off the sides to have a square. then i placed the square in the pot covered and packed the dirt tight then gave her a lil water then BAM bonsai mom :)

the new comers i just recieved are The White and ISS!!! im excited about both of these cuz ive heard/seen great things come out of these strains! so yea thats where im at :lock:

Mom trimtrans1
Mom trimtrans3
Mom trimtrans4
Mom trimtrans6
Mom trimtrans7
Mom trimtrans8
Mom trimtrans9
Thewhite
The adventures of winta 9
TortureKill

TortureKill

Awesome winta! Im stoked! I used to keep bonsai moms around, so If you have any questions u can hit me up anytime. I was instructed to root prune just a couple times a year, but I found it necessary to prune about every couple months in Promix. Best of luck bro

winta

winta

thanx for stoppin in bro! ill definatly hit u up if i got a question ;)

Awesome winta! Im stoked! I used to keep bonsai moms around, so If you have any questions u can hit me up anytime. I was instructed to root prune just a couple times a year, but I found it necessary to prune about every couple months in Promix. Best of luck bro

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
I was just thinking about my moms too. Bonsai mom would work good for me to hang onto a little more here due to space. I just trimmed down all the cloned moms from the last run and finding each a spot to call a long term home is harder than most would think.

I got a couple days to figure it out lol. Your little one look nice, how did the plant react to the root prune?

U

up yours

I'm here doobie of mt best d in hand, good move bro I use d to waterfarm my moms just so I could prune roots now I do this in soi? Plus tilt my mom 45 degrees ot works great I have t 30 moms this way . Winta yhanks for the heads up on your thread and supporting mine so much broski much love, what up hellmutt nice work to you also.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
awesome - nice additions winta - I like the pictorial how you rejuvanate a mom

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I used to keep a mom room when I had 32 moms of various elite cuts. Then I started just trusting my clone skills and just kept rooting new cuts of each one to use as the new mom and flower out the old one. I kinda do a combo method now and keep way less strains. After juggling a bunch of moms I began to seriously evaluate each mom as to wether it was really worth keeping. Some things are actually better in seed form crosses, some are similar to each other, some were pain in the ass finicky and not worth it and some just became boring.

Nice thread winta. I like keeping track of what the heck you are up too. If this hobby was legal I would subscribe to the 24/7 Winta live feed. Well except whenever you were naked prancing around the house dancing with newly acquired strains.

Remember when I said we use the same tub to transplant in. Well here is mine. Yes yours is cleaner.

DSCN0348
DSCN0503
DSCN0392
S

Steve Z

economy size! haha nice winta!

24/7 live feed hahahahahaha. i'd probably watch that too. some justin.tv shit haha

dont airpots root prune for you??? maybe pop them in one of those???

i've started the way tobor described too. im too cluttered with my great strains i just grab 2 cuts off each when i flop them in, just to keep them around.... cant wait for a mother room, but now i dont have the time. jealous.....

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

good stuff bro! man i went through the bonsai mom tutorial like a year ago and bought like 10 of every size pot recommended. i did one plant and then never did any more lol. kind of wish i would have then the 10 moms in a 4 x 4 tent i have would be manageable.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice bonsai winta! :giggle Tobor cracks me up! I think I'd dance around with clothes on if I sourced The White and original Chem's though... I've gotta say that I've always done the clone and flip method with my old Shady Veg Station, but now with the revision I've got more space for mothers... I had actually let my MxB and OG get root bound and spun out... The ones I was pratlcticing LST on recently and was kind of afraid to do the bonsai technique, so I'm quite interested in your results. In the meantime i transplanted those two to 3 gal Smart Pots to air prune the roots before I flip them. Keep up the good work brah... :cool

winta

winta

great minds think alike ;)

I was just thinking about my moms too. Bonsai mom would work good for me to hang onto a little more here due to space. I just trimmed down all the cloned moms from the last run and finding each a spot to call a long term home is harder than most would think.

I got a couple days to figure it out lol. Your little one look nice, how did the plant react to the root prune?

welcome good buddy!

I'm here doobie of mt best d in hand, good move bro I use d to waterfarm my moms just so I could prune roots now I do this in soi? Plus tilt my mom 45 degrees ot works great I have t 30 moms this way . Winta yhanks for the heads up on your thread and supporting mine so much broski much love, what up hellmutt nice work to you also.

thanx bro i had to get things organized :)

awesome - nice additions winta - I like the pictorial how you rejuvanate a mom

i used to do the clone and flip but wasnt sure if that watered down the genetics or not. same tub :giggle i would wear boxers for the live feed just for you guys lol

I used to keep a mom room when I had 32 moms of various elite cuts. Then I started just trusting my clone skills and just kept rooting new cuts of each one to use as the new mom and flower out the old one. I kinda do a combo method now and keep way less strains. After juggling a bunch of moms I began to seriously evaluate each mom as to wether it was really worth keeping. Some things are actually better in seed form crosses, some are similar to each other, some were pain in the ass finicky and not worth it and some just became boring.

Nice thread winta. I like keeping track of what the heck you are up too. If this hobby was legal I would subscribe to the 24/7 Winta live feed. Well except whenever you were naked prancing around the house dancing with newly acquired strains.

Remember when I said we use the same tub to transplant in. Well here is mine. Yes yours is cleaner.

idk ive never used airpots though i seen them at the store. i have no room either thats why i had to hook them up ;)

economy size! haha nice winta!

24/7 live feed hahahahahaha. i'd probably watch that too. some justin.tv shit haha

dont airpots root prune for you??? maybe pop them in one of those???

i've started the way tobor described too. im too cluttered with my great strains i just grab 2 cuts off each when i flop them in, just to keep them around.... cant wait for a mother room, but now i dont have the time. jealous.....

yea my shit was ass and elbows tight in there lol welcome bro!

good stuff bro! man i went through the bonsai mom tutorial like a year ago and bought like 10 of every size pot recommended. i did one plant and then never did any more lol. kind of wish i would have then the 10 moms in a 4 x 4 tent i have would be manageable.

thank u kind sir! i was afraid to do this but it was now or never cuz it was gettin tight in there and i want more :giggle

Nice bonsai winta! :giggle Tobor cracks me up! I think I'd dance around with clothes on if I sourced The White and original Chem's though... I've gotta say that I've always done the clone and flip method with my old Shady Veg Station, but now with the revision I've got more space for mothers... I had actually let my MxB and OG get root bound and spun out... The ones I was pratlcticing LST on recently and was kind of afraid to do the bonsai technique, so I'm quite interested in your results. In the meantime i transplanted those two to 3 gal Smart Pots to air prune the roots before I flip them. Keep up the good work brah... :cool

S

sfzoo

cool new thread winta!!

i'm definitely gonna bonsai my moms, so i'm locked in here!

i'll be running smart pots, just to avoid having to root prune.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

take a cut of each mother just in case. i know some strains will flower when they get root bound. my herijuana keeper will flower when it gets root bound and i have heard of other indicas doing the same like sensi star and a few others

waayne

waayne

Awesome thread bro!
I'll have you bonsai my mom's next time you're here,;)

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
you always have something good brewing winta good luck

southstreets

southstreets

very interesting thread brotha!! i got bout 40 moms and need more room right now so i might be doin this myself!!! lol

Top Bottom