The art of selling (to dispensaries and others)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Donation

So the donation at 5.00 each was fair,I could get use to that!! I am new at cloneing but my first try was good. Only lost two out of the trimming's.

L

LightDep530

I was in Sac today. I called a few folks. A lot of them did not want to see indoor Sour OG for 2k said it was too much. I guess thats ok because the greenhouse was not passing for
Indoor this time. The late summer sun does not make it look like indoor like the springtime does.
Its kind of sad I put in a lot of extra work to be by the book organic and have a nice cure and dry and they show me some hydro crap that is nutrient and light burnt and speed dryed. Sure the calyx to leaf ratio is a little better and its pale but theres only one real test. I'm sorry I'm not sympathetic of how much money you give PG&E. Im out there pullin tarps and tweaking and adjusting and trying to do right by a sacred plant. I think I'm going to join an all organic collective. At least they'll appreciate my work even if they don't really pay me for it. Sorry for ranting. No one take it personally. I have half a mind to get a shippin container with a DWC setupor drain to waste coco at this point.

vector

vector

Yeah I agree you can't get a high quality P for $1000 , no way, at least not yet. What I meant is you can get high quality P's for $1000 less than what they were going for a year or two ago. If you can get some high quality indoor for $3000 or $3500 a P (which is pretty easy to do at this point) why would you go and pay $4000 or $4500 for something just as good? It just doesn't make any sense from a business point of view.

Well, Id rather go street for 4 than give it to some schmo at a dispensary for 3.5
There is about to be some fire hitting the street folks.

The Joker

The Joker

What about commission. My experience has been that the clubs are run by ( surprise) potheads who are often unorganized. If you leave your weed to be paid at a later date, they often seem to find excuse after lame excuse to pay. The excuse is real. Some of these places are run by people who can't tell their ass from their elbow.

I told a couple of space cadets in Berkeley that if I threw a garbage can through their windows they would find a way to pay for it. They should find a way to pay me.

They never return calls and lie constantly. I found the best way is to just show up and be in their face. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cash in hand is the only way to go. Net 30/net 60/net 90 for a product like this?? No fucking way.

Any other business I'd be happy to bill them on a net 30 (my preferred).

J

JonDoe

As one of my friends put it "there were a ton of C+ students this last year." Or in other words the market has been totally flooded out by tons and tons of average and below average product which brings the price down for everyone. Plus the bottom line is your average smoker is not a connoisseur and does not usually care as much about getting "the best." IMO your average smoker/consumer wants what most consumers want - a decent product at a fair price, not the best product at the highest price.

Not only that but if you haven't noticed, the economy sucks. People are out of work and out of money. A lot of people figure why pay $50-$70 an eight when they can buy something almost as good for $15-$20 eight? Getting three times as much bud for the same price is a big incentive when you are broke.

It's all supply and demand - basic economics. More is being produce in California that is being consumed, a LOT more. Buyers can be a lot more picky and selective now. I mean why would you pay $4500 a lb when they can get something just as good for a $1000 or more less?

damm thats it rite there.If you go into your project W/that in mind u should b ok.I know now that if i do some thing outdoors expect no more than $1200 per lb. no matter how great it is.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Im betting that top self will be $3000- by this time next year. Everyone that grows is starting to go big to make up for the price, then they have twice as much to move so they take what they can get before the next room comes off, its a gaint snowball that gets twice as big each year. indoor and outdoor.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve only moved a few lbs. of outdoor this year but been getting 2000 a pound.May have been able to sell a few more if I brought my prices down but think I`d rather not sell it just yet and see what happens later in the year.If nothing else I can always turn it into hash and it will keep that way until sold or smoked up.

S

swayzie

u guys just need to grow better pot. my bottom line is still 4k per whole one, and i rarely ever go that low (only to friends). grow elites, and produce top shelf pounds with ZERO larf, and you will get up to 52 in the summer with the right buyers. the best thing to happen to us guys who grow top OG's and top kushes is the flood. nothin drives up prices for AAAAA dank like a flood of bullshit b grade herb.

U

UCtestn

BLAH BLAH BLAH.... You make much more money selling $45 eights from a $1500 pound than you do from selling $65 eights from a $4000 pound.

... BLAH BLAH BLAH

This is a good example of some of the crap in this thread... People like you do math when they should hire an accountant. This is the USA. We are capitalists. Just so that you can understand this, I'll some math the local street dealer can do...

COST # $1,500
COST 1/8 $11.72
SALE 1/8 $45
Profit 1/8 $33.28
PROFIT on the # $4,260

COST # $4,000
COST 1/8 $31.25
SALE 1/8 $65
Profit 1/8 $33.75
PROFIT $4,320

Why would anyone want to meet up with you and talk about any plan?

Most people think, it's less then $.50 per 1/8... let it go. NO! it's the difference between making more or loosing less. If you're dispensing you should be able to do math and care about $.50. I DO! YOU SHOULD TOO!

Don't sell your top shelf for less. Sell the crap, larf and shake for less. Buyers will eventually learn.

/tangent

I get so frustrated when I see misinformation like this. Just STOP TYPING if you don't know... Jeeeezzzz

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
u guys just need to grow better pot. my bottom line is still 4k per whole one, and i rarely ever go that low (only to friends). grow elites, and produce top shelf pounds with ZERO larf, and you will get up to 52 in the summer with the right buyers. the best thing to happen to us guys who grow top OG's and top kushes is the flood. nothin drives up prices for AAAAA dank like a flood of bullshit b grade herb.

I agree grow better pot<<>PERIOD<<

Are you getting over 4k for that pestilence??<<as that doesn't' look like top shelf AAA imo

gtd

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
thing thats happens to alot of people is the spend the money before they get it. book vacations down payments on cars boats suvs and so on. just grow the best pot u can take the extra days to let it finish bag it and sell it. if u have 40 lbs it dont mean u have to sell it in a week. even if it took u a year its a great living. ud be making over a grand a week wtf more do people want? stop spending money start saving it and then u can just sit back and watch a bunch of people run around selling there hard earn work for nothing. while u just sit back and chill and make a steady fortune.

420Gator

420Gator

52? is this a total sum of street valued increments?

S

swayzie

haha ur funny.. no need to hate danny. u cant look at these nugs and say they arent top shelf. ill leave it at that.

DSC01194
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
haha ur funny.. no need to hate danny. u cant look at these nugs and say they arent top shelf. ill leave it at that.

I wasn't hating>>just saying:)
Im professional>>shoot style<<
If you want to see AAA i can show ya AAA:)

gtd

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like it needs trimmed tighter and maybe dryed/cured better. I can`t judge the quality of smoke by picture though.Can`t smell it ether. This is why I`ve stated many times we need a good scratch & smell program at the farm!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
i really wasn't hating Sway>>i just dont see that going for 5200 bucks>>no way in fucking hell..

gtd

Latest posts

Top Bottom