the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BloodShot

BloodShot

Lol you know it! been in the ocean all my life on both coasts, but about 7 years ago I started watching Shark Week and I saw so many things about great whites on the cape, previously it was generally thought that they didn't come north past the Outer Cape, but then I found out they were spotted as far north as offshore Maine!? Eventually it dawned on me there's only one way there getting to Maine lol! ..they're going right by where I swim and surf..! 😲 I haven't been in the ocean since
Yes, I was born on an island but landlocked atm for a few more years till I get to my 40 acres with a river that runs through it.
I can't wait i tell ya...

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yes, I was born on an island but landlocked atm for a few more years till I get to my 40 acres with a river that runs through it.
I can't wait i tell ya...
That's all I'm missing here is a river, and about 39 1/2 acers. There's an aquifer about 400-500 yards away on a neighbor's property but too far to sink a well. If I had water I'd be set!

BloodShot

BloodShot

That's all I'm missing here is a river, and about 39 1/2 acers. There's an aquifer about 400-500 yards away on a neighbor's property but too far to sink a well. If I had water I'd be set!
Yes, that was the one thing I was searching for when it came to land "took me about 10 years to find" it had to have water of some sort and many trees but I managed to find a section on a pristine river and got a chance to go there and saw two deer on my way in eating some of the many mushrooms growing and a river I will have to cross some day to see the other 30 acres of land :cry: . It was the fall when I was there and the river " aprox 50' " was moving way too fast with all the runoff to even bother trying.
Man, sitting on almost 1000' of river front with feet soaking is gonna be sweet and the fishing should be great, it's about the only thing keeping me going these days.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Got the coolest lighter today delivered via Amazon Prime under $8!

20190808 152032

20190808 152253

20190808 152340

That was the only color choice available at that price, any other color was $18

Going to try it out tomorrow on my walk. Most days it takes at least butane to spark one up on the shore, hope this one can cut it!?

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Understandable, Your killin me! Lol:)
Lol! I was looking for that recipe earlier today couldn't find the original copy but from my drinking days I know it well :/

It came from a Seaside bar in Provincetown on Cape Cod in the mid-80s, a little backstory we had been out partying and the girlfriend was across the street at the hotel asleep and I was trying to drink myself to sleep

It was in this bar still there today..
Screenshot 20190810 105414 Chrome

The bartender gave me the best Bloody Mary I ever had, and I've had a few, but he wouldn't tell me the ingredients

It was the end of the night I was the only one in the place and I imagine the barkeep wanted to close, but I was determined to wait him out and eventually get the recipe, plus these bloody marys we're off the hook! I was in no hurry to leave

so a few Bloody Marys and a few big tips later he divulged the secret ingredient: but first heres 4 things that should be in every Bloody Mary:

Hot sauce, limes, horseradish & Worcestershire sauce

The secret is don't use tomato juice or mixer, use Clamato juice!

We're at the shore, it's a clam based beverage; it made sense at the time! :)

Technically it becomes a Bloody Caesar, but be that as it may. that's the recipe! & its good! ..and don't forget always use plenty of horseradish!

20190808 082411
Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lol! I was looking for that recipe earlier today couldn't find the original copy but from my drinking days I know it well :/

It came from a Seaside bar in Provincetown on Cape Cod in the mid-80s, a little backstory we had been out partying and the girlfriend was across the street at the hotel of sleep and I was trying to drink myself to sleep

It was in this bar still there today..
View attachment 887082

The bartender gave me the best Bloody Mary I ever had, and I've had a few, but he wouldn't tell me the ingredients

It was the end of the night I was the only one in the place and I imagine the button to wanted to close, but I was determined to wait him out and eventually get the recipe, plus these bloody marys we're off the hook! I was in no hurry to leave

so a few Bloody Marys and a few big tips later he divulged the secret ingredient: but first heres 4 things that should be in every Bloody Mary:

Hot sauce, limes, horseradish & Worcestershire sauce

The secret is don't use tomato juice or mix, use Clamato juice!

We're at the shore, it's a clam based beverage; it made sense at the time! :)

Technically it becomes a Bloody Caesar, but be that as it may. that's the recipe! & its good!:)

It's just good! ..and don't forget always use plenty of horseradish!
Thanks bro! You nailed it!!!:)

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

love the pictures of the east coast man and the plants of course haha, reminds me of home ( prince edward island Canada) there is nothing out there more soothing than the ocean, I miss it so much haha, and i doubt i could ever truly be happy until a nice walk along the beach becomes an option again haha! i hate being land locked. rivers and lakes just dont cut it. that caesar looks amazing too BTW haha, thats all we use in Canada is clamato juice apparently the caesar is our national beverage as well haha, i cant imagine a normal bloody mary even coming close to being as good as a caeser. everyone needs to try one haha and im sure they would never go back to tomato juice.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

love the pictures of the east coast man and the plants of course haha, reminds me of home ( prince edward island Canada) there is nothing out there more soothing than the ocean, I miss it so much haha, and i doubt i could ever truly be happy until a nice walk along the beach becomes an option again haha! i hate being land locked. rivers and lakes just dont cut it. that caesar looks amazing too BTW haha, thats all we use in Canada is clamato juice apparently the caesar is our national beverage as well haha, i cant imagine a normal bloody mary even coming close to being as good as a caeser. everyone needs to try one haha and im sure they would never go back to tomato juice.
Thanks, trying to share a little bit of what we sometime take for granted, plus I have too much time on my hands and a lot of beach pictures, so.. LOL

Clamato is the goods right there! That drink is hard to beat for sure! :)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Got a smoke report on the Bubblegum and Black Dog?
Hi thanks for stopping in! :) I do on the bubble gum..

the black dog is great, stinks like grape and has a nice high that hits fast and pretty hard, haven't smoked any in a little while but like it a lot! It came highly recommended by Hydro Red and he wasn't kidding! Here's a picture of some of the smaller buds from the bottom of a jar of the dog..
20190807 065610

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

This is a cross I made recently, it's my first chuck since I quit growing in the mid-90s.

used a male GPS Gunslinger (stardawg×starfighter) & a White Rhino × Mazar mother, we're calling her Mazzy Star LOL! :)
View attachment 886633

Another couple weeks til I can snatch a bud and give it a try, she should be done in another month at most, hoping for good things!
View attachment 886634

So why do u put the large ...sticks....for a lack of a better word..in your grow...just curious .looks good man

Top Bottom