the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

We adopted a dog from Japan, Fukushima I believe.
175f7a1202f873d5ee2049222b373017

Loves the beach...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This baby cooked at 198° overnight, about 18 hours!
20190815 062524

I think these are cormorants,
20190815 154410
they were diving for fish right next to us all day, they were both amusing and impressive, every time they came up they had a small silver fish and swallowed it down whole then dove right back under after more!

This is a view from "the edge"
20190815 135815

Otis Redding's classic and this were playing on a loop all day..

20190815 155430
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol! It was an exceptional day today, mostly sunny 74°, light seabreeze..
View attachment 888294
This is Harborside, I usually prefer oceanside, unfortunately a woman we all know died suddenly Sunday so we gathered at the edge to talk about it

This is Oceanside..
View attachment 888295
Just frikken beautiful. I used to live on the west coast. Miss it so much everytime I visit I just want to stay

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lol! It was an exceptional day today, mostly sunny 74°, light seabreeze..
View attachment 888294
This is Harborside, I usually prefer oceanside, unfortunately a woman we all know died suddenly Sunday so we gathered at the edge to talk about it

This is Oceanside..
View attachment 888295
Okay if it's going to be a show of beaches I'll have to show off some of ours as well. I'll see if I can get down to the shore tonight for a sunset shot or two. From Nova Scotia on the south shore near Lunenburg

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay if it's going to be a show of beaches I'll have to show off some of ours as well. I'll see if I can get down to the shore tonight for a sunset shot or two. From Nova Scotia on the south shore near Lunenburg
Was out in Halifax a few years ago. Totally different than the west coast but just as beautiful. With the amount of fresh lobster I ate I'm surprised PETA has not assassinated me yet.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Was out in Halifax a few years ago. Totally different than the west coast but just as beautiful. With the amount of fresh lobster I ate I'm surprised PETA has not assassinated me yet.
I grew up on the west coast, Vancouver for the first 25+- then Hawaii for a couple of years and California for a couple more. Add a child and the need for stability I returned to Greater Vancouver and worked for another 15+-. Moved all of us here because my wife's from here and I saw we could buy here cheap. We now live a stress free life close to the shore out in the country. No stop lights for about 50 miles in any direction.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just frikken beautiful. I used to live on the west coast. Miss it so much everytime I visit I just want to stay
I lived in Glendale in Los Angeles in the 80s and traveled extensively up and down the coast during that time, it was beautiful! Santa Barbara area is probably the most beautiful place I've been in this country so far

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I grew up on the west coast, Vancouver for the first 25+- then Hawaii for a couple of years and California for a couple more. Add a child and the need for stability I returned to Greater Vancouver and worked for another 15+-. Moved all of us here because my wife's from here and I saw we could buy here cheap. We now live a stress free life close to the shore out in the country. No stop lights for about 50 miles in any direction.
I'm headed out to st John's in a few weeks for work. Looking forward to it. Man you really have made it to the best of all worlds. I envy you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I lived in Glendale in Los Angeles in the 80s and traveled extensively up and down the coast during that time, it was beautiful! Santa Barbara area is probably the most beautiful place I've been in this country so far
Lol meanwhile I'm staring at a concrete jungle other than the odd fishing trip I go on. I have never fished in the ocean but when I retire my wife will tell you that's where I will be... She has been forewarned.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm headed out to st John's in a few weeks for work. Looking forward to it. Man you really have made it to the best of all worlds. I envy you
Well I don't know if I'd go that far but I have always felt blessed to live on one coast or the other, I would really miss the ocean

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well I don't know if I'd go that far but I have always felt blessed to live on one coast or the other, I would really miss the ocean
Hi, ya me too, I get a claustrophobic type feeling in the center of the country. I've not lived around the great lakes but they might suffice. I'd get anxious and believe I'd need way more meds to cope living in a prairie province / state.

I didn't have much time tonight but I'll pack the camera around ( no cell phone) tomorrow and take a few shots.
This marina is just a little bit down the road from me. Marina and my black cat Coal.

Coal marina
Marina
Marina 1
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, Yes its a beautiful spot, I spent a couple of years in the San Louis Obisbo area, Morrow bay/ Pismo Beach. I really miss those winters down there. I worked for Cal Trans working the highways along the coast for a while in the late 70's

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yes please.

Top Bottom