the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I don't even buy the supermarket Tomatoes I only eat my mine, and I freeze enough to make red sauce all winter

I have sunflowers that grow wild out by the bird feeder but nothing like the ones you're talking about, hope to see some pictures!🌻
So we're not the only ones I see.
20200123 065756

We do purchase them when needed as a home made sauce is better than jarred or canned and we do need salsa in the winter.😉

Jamie73

Jamie73

I have no idea what this means? What I'm referring to is that little white spot is possibly white powdery mildew. Aside from that I don't have moisture issues, I run a very tight wet/dry cycle
Airation holes. Take a pencil or simi, poker 6 holes as deep as you can and move the pencil in a circle till hole opens up. Keep fans on. I'll try faster. Also putting pots up on on something at least a few inches above so air gets all around your pot.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Airation holes. Take a pencil or simi, poker 6 holes as deep as you can and move the pencil in a circle till hole opens up. Keep fans on. I'll try faster. Also putting pots up on on something at least a few inches above so air gets all around your pot.
Yeah I do something like this with a shish kabob stick a couple times during a normal Bloom cycle, but what I'm not getting is why you think my soil needs to dry??

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Last year I used all my runoff water and extra nutes on a cosmos flower and a few sunflowers in my yard, they got HUGE lol I was so proud, I’m starting some Cosmos already, I want an 8’ cosmos hedge lol
I grew some 8' Velvets last year.
20190714 172330

Not giant flowers but 30-40 flowers per plant. Beautiful and wife loved when I'd bring a few in for a vase on the kitchen table. I saved seeds and will plant a bunch this year throughout the yard.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Festivities!🎉🎉🎉 (despite the worst case of bursitis in my hip that I've ever had) this is what I've been waiting for this is the first little root

I knew these things were rooted & growing for two days but until I see a root out the bottom its no bueno
20200124 063120

Here's the seedling: Blackberry Gum

So the Dome is off I'm going to watch them but they should be fine, there going to be swapped out of this water into some fresh nutrient solution a little later and tomorrow they're all going into veg tent .. somewhere🤔

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What the hell it's winter but let's light it
12966 342 1

And play the official Beach House song

there's going to be a lot of freaking hash burning today with this hip of mine believe me!

Later I'm going limp into the kitchen to whip up some edibles and take them all LOL 🍪🍪🍪 ..okay not all of them

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So today clones in 2.5" pots go into 4" pots, normally they go right into the 6" square pots but I need to hold them back for a minute and this is the only way
20200125 070012

All these little square pots are from my sea of green days, I packed everything away for a few decades LOL coming in handy now

Anti-inflammatories are working on the bursitis I'm able to put off watering until tonight hopefully the hip will be feeling even better; only one plant was dry, I drizzled in a pint of water, she'll be fine till tonight

So instead of vermiculite I'm going to use the promix with perlite in my new cloning mix (AKA my old seed starting mix LOL) which I hope will keep the pH from rising

I might give that shity dust-like perlite a try in my cloning tray, it might be better than the chunky #3 perlite, I'll try a few of each as an experiment this time

still haven't figured out what's causing this pH rise although they are rooting and even growing under these conditions

but I've noticed some of the tips are still a little curled from the high pH on the black dog

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

🤣 😆🤪 so the Eternal unripe continue to clog the bloom room; I'll have pictures of them after I make expresso and swear at them in broken English

Today's task is their final routine flush that I alluded to back in mid- November, and have been putting off since

Black dog, 48 - 55 days.

My ass, much longer.

(Film at eleven)

Top Bottom