the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’m running HSO Very Cherry. So plan on 10-13 weeks. Hmmm 😢😢
I don't really know I've only run the black dog and it's the greatest plant I've smelled, it changes between black cherry, black raspberry and the last one near the end smell just like Concord grapes! it's (almost?) worth the wait but this particular plant just doesn't seem like it's ever going to finish!?🤦‍♂️ it's getting kind of aggravating at this point LOL but I can wait a few more days, I've come this far

Have you considered starting a journal on that very Cherry strain? it sounds interesting I'm going to look it up when I get a minute

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey beach , yea i like maine , almost bought a house in blue hill , near deer isle down east ...
Whenever i drive up there from the south , and i pass by cabellas in scarborough , i feel like im enetering another country .... in a good way
Might end up in wicasset before its all over , really peaceful , no shortage of lobsters ....just those fucking deer ticks , and black flies
Might prefer the gators and snakes !

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I don't really know I've only run the black dog and it's the greatest plant I've smelled, it changes between black cherry, black raspberry and the last one near the end smell just like Concord grapes! it's (almost?) worth the wait but this particular plant just doesn't seem like it's ever going to finish!?🤦‍♂️ it's getting kind of aggravating at this point LOL but I can wait a few more days, I've come this far

Have you considered starting a journal on that very Cherry strain? it sounds interesting I'm going to look it up when I get a minute
I have. Flipping next week. Had some issues but last two weeks has been great.

Jamie73

Jamie73

Got to ask this. What does everyone do when you want to produce seeds? With all this silver what ever sprays, collecting female pollen. I want to cross my silver haze with this great looking male, and/Sativa? unknown strain by Nirvana Seed banks free seeds. This is him. With all balls to flower.

FC2B2333 886F 4959 B7BA 81797AB28CA7
7C7E3031 93ED 47A0 94EE C24F19BC6D54
dire wolf

dire wolf

Got to ask this. What does everyone do when you want to produce seeds? With all this silver what ever sprays, collecting female pollen. I want to cross my silver haze with this great looking male, and/Sativa? unknown strain by Nirvana Seed banks free seeds. This is him. With all balls to flower.
🤔

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Very nice. Get him far away from any females. It the temps aren't too low (45F+) you can put him outside and allow him to mature. You can either place a female next too him when the pollen balls begin to open OR you can clip off a branch and bring a female outside and shake the branch over the plant, half the plant or one cola/flower OR collect the pollen every couple days by gently shaking the branches over a paper bag, bucket, etc, store in sealed container in a cool dry place and when you have a female ready you take a small makeup brush and gently apply the pollen to the flowers. Technically you can pollinate a female with several males on different branches/flowers. I don't promote the practice nor have I ever tried it but it's possible.

If you're going to put the female back near other females you'll wanna wait a few days or if you've only pollinated one branch you can cover it with a paper bag for a day or two but still may pollinate another girl especially with a fan going.

I like to put a male and female next to each other for 2-3 weeks or collect pollen and douse a female.

You never know what may come from the cross. I recently collected a lot of GDP pollen that I've used, actually left the two together for a couple weeks then today repollenated half of her and I've got pollen from two males from Dec.

Nothing like making your own seeds and you'll always have some on hand. I got hundreds, if I want to start 50 or 100 and keep the best few I can.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Very nice. Get him far away from any females. It the temps aren't too low (45F+) you can put him outside and allow him to mature. You can either place a female next too him when the pollen balls begin to open OR you can clip off a branch and bring a female outside and shake the branch over the plant, half the plant or one cola/flower OR collect the pollen every couple days by gently shaking the branches over a paper bag, bucket, etc, store in sealed container in a cool dry place and when you have a female ready you take a small makeup brush and gently apply the pollen to the flowers. Technically you can pollinate a female with several males on different branches/flowers. I don't promote the practice nor have I ever tried it but it's possible.

If you're going to put the female back near other females you'll wanna wait a few days or if you've only pollinated one branch you can cover it with a paper bag for a day or two but still may pollinate another girl especially with a fan going.

I like to put a male and female next to each other for 2-3 weeks or collect pollen and douse a female.

You never know what may come from the cross. I recently collected a lot of GDP pollen that I've used, actually left the two together for a couple weeks then today repollenated half of her and I've got pollen from two males from Dec.

Nothing like making your own seeds and you'll always have some on hand. I got hundreds, if I want to start 50 or 100 and keep the best few I can.
Just be careful , supercareful , that pollen is going to get into your house wether you want it or not , its going to pollinate the dog , the parakeet , that chicken sandwich and all your other plants !!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

You should absolutely give USC seeds' Uzbekistan a shot. Very similar dark fruit aromas, similar effect, less fussy, bigger buds in 10-11 weeks max.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Just be careful , supercareful , that pollen is going to get into your house wether you want it or not , its going to pollinate the dog , the parakeet , that chicken sandwich and all your other plants !!
So true. In a tent you can bleach it after and you'll be fine.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

2 of my fav Albums nice choice .
Yes I, soon a fire burn Babywrong ya know..

Did you ever hear of a band called Zion Initation? Some old friends from Cambridge from back in the day, specifically the bass player and bandleader ras Ipa, aka Henry Fenton

Did a lot of business with Henry, mainly outgoing, but every now and then he popped up with what he called lambsbread, don't really know but he always claimed it was from Jamaica? it was always different, was light green fruity stuff you know

Henry's on the far right

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:
Roots..!

Good news! 🤣😂🤣
20200502 094529

Seed starting mix great for clones, but tough to see when they've rooted without disturbing them!

I wait to see the root starting to come out bottom, then, not today but soon I'll check them all. Later will check the chart and see what strain rooted

Will start throwing away the mother plants they came from whom I let suffer so badly back when I was going to quit growing at the beginning of the year, I can use the extra room!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

UPDATE:
Roots..!

Good news! 🤣😂🤣
View attachment 968390

Seed starting mix great for clones, but tough to see when they've rooted without disturbing them!

I wait to see the root starting to come out bottom, then, not today but soon I'll check them all. Later will check the chart and see what strain rooted

Will start throwing away the mother plants they came from whom I let suffer so badly back when I was going to quit growing at the beginning of the year, I can use the extra room!

That looks like a nice clean fish bone. :-)

Jamie73

Jamie73

He's outside as of today, till dusk. We still have a chance to frost. Hopefully by Monday he can stay out over the whole day. I'm gonna collect pollen with a fine paint brush and play with one kola. 50/50 shot on less seeds.LOL. Less mess,

Jamie73

Jamie73

Sunday morning under rated guitarist. Takes the crafted lyrics of this undeniable top 15 rock songs all time.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
(HAPPY!!) 🎉😃🎈 Love this clone starting mix!
Did you post your magic mix for starting your clones? I could use an upgrade in that dept. I'm doing okay but I'm only getting about 50% success, No issues with those numbers, lots of cuttings to take but I'd like to improve my %. I looked at getting a bubble clone set up but i'm stumbling along okay for now. I thought my box would help and it does once they're established but too many are giving up early on.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Did you post your magic mix for starting your clones? I could use an upgrade in that dept. I'm doing okay but I'm only getting about 50% success, No issues with those numbers, lots of cuttings to take but I'd like to improve my %. I looked at getting a bubble clone set up but i'm stumbling along okay for now. I thought my box would help and it does once they're established but too many are giving up early on.

I point everyone in this direction when they are having any trouble with cuttings. I have tried just about every method for cloning and this one works best for me as I get older. Set it and forget it. No humidity domes, no checking on cuts or misting shit. A few things I will mention though: I have 14 sites per bucket. I have made several more buckets and I usually run at least 2 at a time. You might want to look into making a tub if you anticipate needing more sites, then you do not have to worry about multiple builds. I usually get 100% success rate with my cuts, with roots starting to show in 4-6 days and being ready for soil in 12-14 days. Good luck whatever you decide! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I point everyone in this direction when they are having any trouble with cuttings. I have tried just about every method for cloning and this one works best for me as I get older. Set it and forget it. No humidity domes, no checking on cuts or misting shit. A few things I will mention though: I have 14 sites per bucket. I have made several more buckets and I usually run at least 2 at a time. You might want to look into making a tub if you anticipate needing more sites, then you do not have to worry about multiple builds. I usually get 100% success rate with my cuts, with roots starting to show in 4-6 days and being ready for soil in 12-14 days. Good luck whatever you decide! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Terrific ! a new project, nice and simple easy step by step instructions my old mind can handle. I have the pipe and glue, now just a few fittings a pump & a bucket with lid. love it. tks.
I've been running perpetual for a while now ( 20 years with a couple of breaks) and I don't usually have problems getting enough cuttings to grow even at 50% I have plenty to keep the cycle going but it is an area I should improve in. I have much more ( luck ) ( and that's what it is) with short small cuttings than tall ones for some reason so I use the bottom cuts off my plants. If I take 10 cuttings and only 5 grow oh well I can live with 5 very well. I'd just be tossing away the extra 5 lower immature branches any ways😃😃

Latest posts

Top Bottom