the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beach is getting tired of growing; the long & odd hours, the freaking trimming for 2 days I'm still feeling that in my back forget about it, maybe I need some exciting new strains or something? Maybe it's time to chase a few sativas..🌱🤔 ..any recommendations?

1 hour ago...
20191204 220807

Last edited:
Bodean

Bodean

Beach is getting tired of growing; the long & odd hours, the freaking trimming for 2 days I'm still feeling that in my back forget about it, maybe I need some exciting new strains or something? Maybe it's time to chase a few sativas..🌱🤔 ..any recommendations?

I have been contemplating some sativa selections for awhile. I've been looking at antenna seeds. He mainly breeds sativa if I read it right. Hes a little on the pricey side. I dont like to spend more than 100 on a pack. But with holiday sales I finally snagged a pack of banana haze. Purple haze cross as a freebie. We'll see how it turns out.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So because everything I post is a yellow picture and I don't know why because it's not yellow when I look at it in RL? Anyway I took one out and took a picture of a bubble gum at 35 days in bloom..
20191205 071000

A little more yellowing than I like at this point, but only 2 are showing it so far

I've just upped the feed to 900ppm last feed and I'm going to alternate that with 100ppm plain water which they just got now, they're feeding about every 3 days

No new thrip damage; and as a byproduct of the spray treatments and the BT the fungus gnats are all but gone too!

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have been contemplating some sativa selections for awhile. I've been looking at antenna seeds. He mainly breeds sativa if I read it right. Hes a little on the pricey side. I dont like to spend more than 100 on a pack. But with holiday sales I finally snagged a pack of banana haze. Purple haze cross as a freebie. We'll see how it turns out.
That sounds interesting I'll check them out, another place I'm going to look at is world of seeds, grew there white rhino × Mazar and it was a fine plant producing a good smoke and a heavy hash producer too, also going to be looking at some Thais and Thai crosses

Bodean

Bodean

That sounds interesting I'll check them out, another place I'm going to look at is world of seeds, grew there white rhino × Mazar and it was a fine plant producing a good smoke and a heavy hash producer too, also going to be looking at some Thais and Thai crosses
I'm running some columbian gold by them atm. Some cat pissy ammonia citrus smells. Awful. Lol. We'll see how the smoke performs though.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm running some columbian gold by them atm. Some cat pissy ammonia citrus smells. Awful. Lol. We'll see how the smoke performs though.
I think I saw the picture you posted of that CG plant recently, that's up at the top of my list! Never heard bad about WOS, I like that they're into the land races

Not a sativa but this is another
wos that I'm looking at

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

There's no way this is an Indica. Nothing in their description is similar, I'm really starting to wonder what my Remo Chemo's are?
20191205 145119

It was a makeup for some seeds forgotten or whatever from The Single Seed Centre (which I think is now-defunct?) ..starting to think they just sent me whatever they happened to have handy? 🤔

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I know you're a fan of old-school strains, have you ever grown anything by Underground Seed Collective or Seeds of Africa?
Thanks for the recommendations! Just just my opinion but I believe true old school strains are gone

Nothing I smoked in the sixties but particularly the seventies is still around, if it was we'd all be smoking it right now

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I used 6 sticks of butter and 100g of Gorilla Glue buds, I usually use coconut oil but this is what I had on hand and I wanted to get it done

My slow cooker holds it at 198°

• How long do most of you leave it in your slow cooker?

It's been awhile and I can't recall if I cook it 12 or 18 hours, I think it's 12? (I decarbed at 230° for 40 minutes)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Thanks for the recommendations! Just just my opinion but I believe true old school strains are gone

Nothing I smoked in the sixties but particularly the seventies is still around, if it was we'd all be smoking it right now

I was born in the eighties and only started smoking weed a couple years ago, so I have literally no perspective on this. 😄

I've got a cross of Panama Red and Nepalese highland sativas going from USC right now, and their listings show some crazy interesting old-school lineage. How much of that is bullshit and exaggerated truths and marketing from them is indeterminate, but the cats at opengrow (an odd name for a site with a message board that requires mod approval for a new account) have been growing their stuff for quite a while and it looks and seems pretty legit so far.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I used 6 sticks of butter and 100g of Gorilla Glue buds, I usually use coconut oil but this is what I had on hand and I wanted to get it done

My slow cooker holds it at 198°

• How long do most of you leave it in your slow cooker?

It's been awhile and I can't recall if I cook it 12 or 18 hours, I think it's 12? (I decarbed at 230° for 40 minutes)

There's no harm in leaving it longer, the infusion will stay at equilibrium indefinitely once the initial trichome/oil osmosis is complete.

(Yes, I did just start smoking a couple years ago but I worked at some pretty notable restaurants before then. 🙂)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

There's no harm in leaving it longer, the infusion will stay at equilibrium indefinitely once the initial trichome/oil osmosis is complete.

(Yes, I did just start smoking a couple years ago but I worked at some pretty notable restaurants before then. 🙂)
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was 12 hours 18 seems like Overkill plus I decarbed it so it should be fine at 12 I'm pretty sure this is what I did last time and it turned out dynamite! ;)

newh

newh

I think I saw the picture you posted of that CG plant recently, that's up at the top of my list! Never heard bad about WOS, I like that they're into the land races

Not a sativa but this is another
wos that I'm looking at
I have 5 or 6 left of their afghan kush from the landrace collection.they were some of the first seeds i bought.I bought them wanting to try and make some seeds and pheno hunt from there.The coupe females I did run were pretty good.My profile pic is from one of them lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have 5 or 6 left of their afghan kush from the landrace collection.they were some of the first seeds i bought.I bought them wanting to try and make some seeds and pheno hunt from there.The coupe females I did run were pretty good.My profile pic is from one of them lol
I was looking at that strain the other day, and they have a special Kush too, but I'm not completely sure of the difference?
Screenshot 20191210 000247 Chrome

Top Bottom