20191215 054132

20191215 054143

20191215 053810

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nutrients:

I've decided on the following nutrients for all veg plants:
20191215 060117

I've been using an all-purpose 20-20-20 Plus Cal/Mag supplementation for about a year-and-a-half or so now with great success, I've also used it from seedling to harvest to produce those succulent and substantial Blackberry Gum plants, their Grow Journal is available under the same name here

In my two gallon jugs of 100 PPM tap water I mix 1.5 teaspoon Schultz and 6 ml cal-mag producing 550 PPM which I dilute to various strengths depending on the plants stage of growth

Bloom uses those same two gallon jugs; I mix 4.8 G of Masterblend & calcium nitrate, & 2.4 G of magnesium totaling 870 PPM:

After stretch I've started feeding them at 5 grams / 2.5 grams respectively for a PPM of 1000
20191215 060019

This is my not-so-new but current and future nutrient plan, couldn't be much simpler!

Mercifully both mixtures above give me a pH of 6.4 (no adjustment required😁) Thanks for reading!👍

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nutrients:

I've decided on the following nutrients for all veg plants:
View attachment 920750
I've been using an all-purpose 20-20-20 Plus Cal/Mag supplementation for about a year-and-a-half or so now with great success, I've also used it from seedling to harvest to produce those succulent and substantial Blackberry Gum plants, their Grow Journal is available under the same name here

In my two gallon jugs of 100 PPM tap water I mix 1.5 teaspoon Schultz and 6 ml cal-mag producing 550 PPM which I dilute to various strengths depending on the plants stage of growth

Bloom uses those same two gallon jugs; I mix 4.8 G of Masterblend & calcium nitrate, & 2.4 G of magnesium totaling 870 PPM:

After stretch I've started feeding them at 5 grams / 2.5 grams respectively for a PPM of 1000
View attachment 920755

This is my not-so-new but current and future nutrient plan, couldn't be much simpler!

Mercifully both mixtures above give me a pH of 6.4 (no adjustment required😁) Thanks for reading!👍

Nice! Very well thought out system.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So of course the thrips are still here so ipm begins now I guess :/

There's no way this is a Remo chemo which is supposed to be an almost completely Indica plant, I don't know what the guy from Single Seed Centre sent me but these weren't Remo chemo seeds, it smells like pineapple and it's rocketfuel sativa
20191218 123439

Yes I know it needs a new pot I'm going to chop the tops and then up-pot it this weekend or vice versa

Not positive but pretty sure I'm going to stop blooming plants for a while, will decide for sure by the weekend. I've got 3-4 weeks left for what I have blooming to finish up; I was going to stop this summer but now may be the right time, supose I'll keep some mothers but at least right now I'm really feeling like I need a break! :/

Here's some Patty bags to make everything right..

She's like...

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

..so this was amusing in a sick, half-expected sort of way; as I was mixing up mosquito bits for a flush, a fungus gnat decided to go swimming in my coffee

I believe this was a carefully orchestrated preemptive strike by the fungus gnat colonies against the perceived Titan?

So now that I'm pulling plants out to finish my flush I got to say I'm seeing a lot more Leaf Drop than I like with three and four weeks left to go, however I've got no deficiencies showing its legit yellowing, then dying Leaf Drop, so IDK??
20191220 070428

Everything's spot-on so I'm going to continue with the premise that it was light feedings for the initial month that's caused it. For now.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

And then I pulled out the lone black dog..

This is not an easy plant to grow I've never had a totally happy run with these although this is only my third or fourth Harvest in all the time I've had it but yeah finicky

And the breeder says 55 days let me tell you friend at 55 days you've got at least a month to go!

But I've got to say I've never smelled anything like it it's a very decent smoke but the smell is phenomenal, it's deep black cherries and charcoal lighter fluid; today it's more black cherry than anything else, it's amazing

Now the bad news; if this was on other plants I would think septoria: it's got four five weeks to go so it still might get a copper spray and if that stops then I'll know

But I've never seen just one plant have septoria, usually every plant is affected to varying degrees, and this is the only plant showing spots, everything else seems to be fading normally, albeit early
20191220 082030

My humidity is so low that for the first time I'm considering adding a humidifier to the tent, c. mid 20's. I don't see how it could possibly be septoria and I'm not saying it is

[ Edit: looking at that picture again that ring is not really black it's dark brown, septoria has a black ring ]

I didn't take a run off from the black dog but I took one from the first Indian Bubblegum and it was 1000 / 6.6 and they've all been treated the same and in the same medium so it's hard for me to believe it's a calcium issue

Regardless everything got the hell flushed out of it with 6.5 ph BT so I've eliminated any type of root parasite

From here I'll keep an eye on it maybe it'll get a copper spray at lights-on if for nothing else to make me feel like I'm doing something, I'll think about it between now and then but I've never seen one plant have septoria and no others affected?

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Forgot I took this picture; these are the Indian bubblegum (Bubblegum ×Bubba Kush) the black dog is not in the tent (but the Calico cat is LOL she's not allowed in here but she meandered in today) I didn't take a picture of the dog, just the close-up of of the leaf issue
20191220 082415

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

One one last thing I forgot although I treated the veg plants with spinosad yesterday because they may or may not have been some new thrip damage i see no thrip damage at all on the bloom plants and I had every one out today and went through the leaves with a fine-tooth so that's a big positive

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

And so while I'm updating for a change instead of just playing songs I decided what I'm going to do regarding my continual growing

I just ordered 4 cubic feet bag of perlite, will be here Christmas Eve, over 39 bucks for perlite my God I miss my little Hydro Store that folded, paid 27 bucks for the same size perlite last time

Lowe's only has that Miracle-Gro perlite and that has their plant food in it if you read the label carefully and the nearest hydro store is in Cambridge, I'd rather use the Miracle-Gro crap then go to Cambridge forget about it

So Tuesday is perfect I'm going to cut these plants back severely later today before lights-out and they'll be ready to up-pot by the time the perlite arrives!

Then I'm going to up-pot everything I have doubles of and the others I will leave in the small 6-inch squares for now

Then I will run the mixed mish-mosh of strains next and then what remains will become mothers and I will stop blooming plants then, so one more run, that may change but if I'm honest I want some time off

Last edited:
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Dude your plants are all super frosty. What do you think causes the long trichome stalks, not that its a bad thing, I think it would be the cats pajamas for dry sift. Is it the strains you are running or does everything turn out like that?

BloodShot

BloodShot

Forgot I took this picture; these are the Indian bubblegum (Bubblegum ×Bubba Kush) the black dog is not in the tent (but the Calico cat is LOL she's not allowed in here but she meandered in today) I didn't take a picture of the dog, just the close-up of of the leaf issue
View attachment 922427
My cat loves to lay under my lights. I have a panel set up for him to lay under at times and always some cfl bulbs he can plop down beside.
Indoor cat and I guess the lack of Sun light isn't a good thing. these new led qb's make him breath heavy and drop on the floor to bathe in the light. Must be why I find myself sitting in front of my garden a lot in the winter too.
The difference in his attitude and his hair is very noticeable.

I believe this was a carefully orchestrated preemptive strike by the fungus gnat colonies against the perceived Titan?
I concur, they are rotten to the core and are evil.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My cat loves to lay under my lights. I have a panel set up for him to lay under at times and always some cfl bulbs he can plop down beside.
Indoor cat and I guess the lack of Sun light isn't a good thing. these new led qb's make him breath heavy and drop on the floor to bathe in the light. Must be why I find myself sitting in front of my garden a lot in the winter too.

Cats are crazy man! I have to watch mine because she found out where I keep the catnip now! ;)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Full watering finally after that huge flush with BT almost five days ago, I never thought they'd dry out!

Rolled up a joint of Romberry, opened a can of Miller High Life (the champagne of beers) and I'm about to mix up some Masterblend to 870 or 1000 haven't decided yet until I see them when lights are on in 2 minutes, either way will feed at full strength

Need some energetic music;

Edit: well, I'm going to finish the beer but I'm not going to be watering till the morning, not ready :/

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

EVIL! Got 2.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi thanks for the good words! I'm not sure but I think it's the 20-20-20 that powers them up?

Couldnt be your amazing attention to detail and the likely perfect stable environment you designed and maintain?

And more experience than I have been an adult for. ;-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Couldnt be your amazing attention to detail and the likely perfect stable environment you designed and maintain?

And more experience than I have been an adult for. ;-)
Thanks for your kind words! I'm kind of fighting with that finicky black dog but the 4 bubblegum are doing good, about three weeks left on them

When the perlite arrives on Christmas Eve I'm going to switch to just Promix & perlite, probably 70/30, and then the fun will begin cuz I've never used it!? LOL

..hope it works out cuz it's the way I'm going from here forward, aside from feeding more frequently I'm going to treat it like soil and see how that goes?!🤞

Top Bottom