the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A small possible bright light at the end of a freaking dark day forget about it :/

So I already ranted about that perlite in its own thread call 'don't buy this brand perlite' (that's how bad it was) hopefully I can warn people away from this brand of dust

Look at it compared to the very bottom of my last bag it's frigging dust
20191223 112851

20191223 112709
20191223 112806

now I got to wait to see when the hell UPS comes and leaves me this sticker says 'sorry we missed you' they sneak up as quick as they can and then they run away cuz they don't really want to pick up the package I wish I could get a job like that, freaking assholes that's right I said it

Today was so bad I stopped and bought beer. I very rarely drink I have a couple of beers left that I bought on 11/1 if you can believe it, 11/1 was tax day LOL (I'm sensing a pattern)

So I ran to that Lowe's up the street thinking I could grab a couple of their small bags of perlite and still Salvage the project I have planned, they had a few bags of perlite but it was pretty much the same sand I'm sending back, they didn't have the Miracle Gro which is a better grade even though it has their freaking nutrients in it they can't wait to put that Miracle-Gro crap in everything can they

So then I hit the highway and as soon as I saw it it was just completely stopped and it wasn't even quite 1pm, all the malls & the Christmas shopping and all that happy crap are up there, no thank you, so I grabbed a shortcut and got the hell out of there and went to the beer store

the only possible bright spot to this otherwise miserable day is that that Hydro Store finally opened about 7 miles up the highway, I'm going to head up there after Christmas and get myself some perlite

there's also a big Garden Center not far from there I'm going to check them & see what they have, it'll probably be cheaper there if not I'm going to get some freaking perlite at one place or the other you son of a bitch, sorry I'm losing my shit here I'm smoking having a beer but it ain't helping forget about it

Last edited:
newh

newh

A small possible bright light at the end of a freaking dark day forget about it :/

So I already ranted about that perlite in its own thread call 'don't buy this brand perlite' (that's how bad it was) hopefully I can warn people away from this brand of dust

Look at it compared to the very bottom of my last bag it's frigging dust
View attachment 923573
View attachment 923574View attachment 923575

now I got to wait to see when the hell UPS comes and leaves me this sticker says 'sorry we missed you' they sneak up as quick as they can and then they run away cuz they don't really want to pick up the package I wish I could get a job like that, freaking assholes that's right I said it

Today was so bad I stopped and bought beer. I very rarely drink I have a couple of beers left that I bought on 11/1 if you can believe it, 11/1 was tax day LOL (I'm sensing a pattern)

So I ran to that Lowe's up the street thinking I could grab a couple of their small bags of perlite and still Salvage the project I have planned, they had a few bags of perlite but it was pretty much the same sand I'm sending back, they didn't have the Miracle Gro which is a better grade even though it has their freaking nutrients in it they can't wait to put that Miracle-Gro crap in everything can they

So then I hit the highway and as soon as I saw it it was just completely stopped and it wasn't even quite 1pm, all the malls & the Christmas shopping and all that happy crap are up there, no thank you, so I grabbed a shortcut and got the hell out of there and went to the beer store

the only possible bright spot to this otherwise miserable day is that that Hydro Store finally opened about 7 miles up the highway, I'm going to head up there after Christmas and get myself some perlite

there's also a big Garden Center not far from there I'm going to check them & see what they have, it'll probably be cheaper there if not I'm going to get some freaking perlite at one place or the other you son of a bitch, sorry I'm losing my shit here I'm smoking having a beer but it ain't helping forget about it

get sum hydro nutes and run just the perlite lol ,what a bag of crap.its like the leftovers of the leftovers

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

get sum hydro nutes and run just the perlite lol ,what a bag of crap.its like the leftovers of the leftovers
Exactly, it's like the leftover dust! honestly I'm a little mad at myself cuz it didn't have the grade on the bag and I believed the fake Amazon reviews, I guess I should have known better :/ it's more that it's screwing up the plans I had then the hassle of sending it back! Oh well I've moved, on not much else ya can do

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is a 2 cubic foot bale of their retail store mix. The pro mix hp (high porosity) bale is 3.8 cubic feet of their professional mix. They say they use a better grade of peat in the pro products.

Not to say the retail mix is bad but it is not the same product they sell to professional greenhouses and such.

just wanted to clear that up. Info all on their website. Pthorticulture dot com.
Looked into this and this is what I found; from what I can see the mix is a little different between one and the other..
Screenshot 20191224 060811 Chrome
Screenshot 20191224 060647 Chrome

Vs.

Screenshot 20191224 060417 Chrome
Screenshot 20191224 060707 Chrome

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They changed the pro mix hp since i used it a few years ago. It used to have 2 kinds of limestone. Calcitic for long term buffering and dolomite for short term. And it had a starter charge of 1.4 ec that got my seedlings through 2 weeks easy.
Still thinking about this, isn't HP the more common one for cannabis or have I gotten them confused?

This is what I found regarding humus, (used to think it was dip made with chickpeas) 🤣 haha!

Screenshot 20191224 071259 Google

More info-->

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Still thinking about this, isn't HP the more common one for cannabis or have I gotten them confused?

This is what I found regarding humus, (used to think it was dip made with chickpeas) 🤣 haha!

View attachment 923701

More info-->

Yes I had some delicious Hummus last night on Pita chips.

and yes the promix hp is the professional growing medium meant for aggressive fertilization.

but i bet with some extra perlite the mix you got will veg some plants up real nice.

I wanted to tell you. The plants I transplanted in to the new mix with the new light and fluffy bag of ocean forest that I know is dry and fresh has shown far more vigourous growth in only a few days very noticable.

The old soil was pretty dead. And the more I think about it I have been buying 2 bags at a time and mixing one on at a time for use. Then a few months later (or less) i open the second bag. If these bags were already a few months old at the store then the nutrients could be compromised by the time I open the second bag. This also coincides with the issues I have been having seasonally. I may be trying to use the older more compromised soil as if it os brand new and go i to flower with a weaker plant already starting with deficiencies.

We always here about mag striping and calcium spotting with ocean forest users. I think when the soil ages it doesnt drain as well along with the nutrients somewhat eaten by bacteria. And it hardens more as it dries out.

This is why i have been having trouble. It got cold about the same time i started transplanting into too old soil and so i overwatered a little every time and it was imbalanced.

And then flush and feed and regain some control of the plant. They green up.

The 2 plants I have properly flushed with nutrients are greening up and look much better now.

This is what im thinking anyway. And it explains the intermittant problems growing in ocean forest or the like.

Im buying one bag at a time from now on.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Been there I mentioned somewhere many pages back that my hydro shop went out of business and I got literally the last bag of ffof, I didn't notice it at the time because I was talking to her about her decision to go out of business, it was compressed like mud and the slurry ppm was over 1,700 and the pH was way off too so I got a Brand New Bag delivered from Amazon and it was under 500 PPM and the pH was correct and it was a total different product I mixed a little bit of the old stuff down the bottom to use it up

After 4 years I'm still learning soil, but in the old days I was a hydro guy so I'm sure I can use any medium with a little practice, the only medium I would never use is coco because in my opinion it's not inert, even though I see people doing great things with it more power to them, but its not for me

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Been there I mentioned somewhere many pages back that my hydro shop went out of business and I got literally the last bag of ffof, I didn't notice it at the time because I was talking to her about her decision to go out of business, it was compressed like mud and the slurry ppm was over 1,700 and the pH was way off too so I got a Brand New Bag delivered from Amazon and it was under 500 PPM and the pH was correct and it was a total different product I mixed a little bit of the old stuff down the bottom to use it up

After 4 years I'm still learning soil, but in the old days I was a hydro guy so I'm sure I can use any medium with a little practice, the only medium I would never use is coco because in my opinion it's not inert, even though I see people doing great things with it more power to them, but its not for me

I was warned to never use more than 30% coco by my old favorite breeder. He said it kills flavor.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:
media change

Promix+25% perlite is my new media starting today

I've used it on and off for a while in veg but haven't taken a plant to bloom in it yet; although I have been using it as 1/3 of my current potting mix

Aside from pre-wetting it I use it exactly like soil, except that I feed it earlier and more often, I'll figure the feeding cycle out going forward

Have a small amount of ffof to finish up, enough for maybe two plants, going to mix it w/ even amounts of Pro mix and add 25 or 30% perlite, after that's used up I'll assigned a P after the plants number to designate it's new Pro mix blend (eg. 105P) hopefully by writing this down I'll remember to actually do it?! LOL As I put the Promix plants into bloom I'm planning on top dressing them with up to 1 L of worm castings

I just looked in the green Miracle-Gro compost bag which has been tightly sealed for a few months and could see fungus gnats walking around so I learned my lesson about Miracle Grow which I should have known anyway, it's already by the back door waiting to go out to the garden. I've suspected that's where the thrips came from too

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is a Gorilla Glue X gps Gunslinger cross: both started together from seed and transplanted and fed the same, noticed a difference between the Solo Cup and the 5-inch Square pot! (this is why I use 5-inch Square pots! :)
20191228 111703

When I started a handful of these seeds earlier this year I culled them all because they were tall and stretchy and nothing I felt I wanted to grow

however I'm excited by the one on the left it looks very indica and not stretchy at all, this is it after up-potting
20191228 162011

Tomorrow I'll be officially dropping out of the Solo Cup contest; I can't put a milk crate in the bloom room, if you've read previously in this journal you'll know I've been trying for a long time to get the milk crates out and to get my light off the ceiling..

So I'm finally there and I'm not going to change it: plus it's stretchy, probably end up culling it anyway, but I put it into a 6-inch pot today, didn't take a picture of it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is a Gorilla Glue X gps Gunslinger cross: both started together from seed and transplanted and fed the same, noticed a difference between the Solo Cup and the 5-inch Square pot! (this is why I use 5-inch Square pots! :)
View attachment 925048

When I started a handful of these seeds earlier this year I culled them all because they were tall and stretchy and nothing I felt I wanted to grow

however I'm excited by the one on the left it looks very indica and not stretchy at all, this is it after up-potting
View attachment 925049

Tomorrow I'll be officially dropping out of the Solo Cup contest; I can't put a milk crate in the bloom room, if you've read previously in this journal you'll know I've been trying for a long time to get the milk crates out and to get my light off the ceiling..

So I'm finally there and I'm not going to change it: plus it's stretchy, probably end up culling it anyway, but I put it into a 6-inch pot today, didn't take a picture of it

I get my seedlings out of the cup and into a 1 gallon well before that size.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is Remo Chemo#2 crossed with GPS Gunslinger, the curl is genetic from the Remo mother, not nute burn
20191228 181545

Sadly I stopped trying to reveg Remo chemo #2 mother plant and took it out of the Tent today for lack of room

Remo Chemo #1, 13 weeks in that 5 x 5 and as close to root bound as I've gotten, broke the bottom up well and spread it out into the new mix, should green up quick
20191228 173346

Gorilla Glue
20191228 184029

Mazzy Star
20191228 164212

Everything will get a little rehab & tlc, some are going to give me some cuttings and hopefully all will be ready in 3-4 weeks!? 🤞

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So naturally everything had to be watered at 1 a.m., no casual watering mind you, this coming watering would require a flush and a recording of values of course, so foolish of me to think it would wait till morning in the first place🤦‍♂️
20191229 015327

The kola's on the Indian bubblegum are finally starting to fatten up, the black dog takes forever to ripen, I won't even look at it for another month but I don't mind having that sweet, thick black🍒cherry stink around either! ;)
20191229 020551

All the PPM was between 1000 - 1200 with one exception at 1580 which received an additional flush and came out at an even 1300ppm

the pH of four was 6.4, one was 6.5 and one was 6.6

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom