The Best Led On The Market?

• Thread starter aquashield
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dosifry

Dosifry

Best way for some people is trial and error. I am one of those people. I’ve also seen some here that like to read, research and learn through knowledge based efforts as opposed to us t&a ( no pun intended😂) folks.
I’ve yet to see arrogance, swelled egos or recognition hungry know it all’s.
I have seen some with a real passion for horticulture and the science behind it. Always patiently willing to take the time to contribute the same to every level of grower with kind words, patience and encouragement. Not sarcasm, or egotistical bullshit
No, you do not need to be that way to be a good grower. That’s not being suggested.
Nor, do you need to be a t&a person😂 to be a good grower either. It works lots of different ways. Anyone can be good if they are happy with their results and that’s all that really matters. ✌️

Jaspercane

Jaspercane

Good stuff and I love the new lighting styles but just not ready to mess with Co2 yet. I need to keep it simpler at this point. But man I like those lights!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The Fohse A3i is by far The best out there hands down. I have been looking for a light since Thanksgiving. Now I have found it. This is the best light for my grow room. The only problem with this site is there are way to many know it all's!!!! Look ,is it for you ,does it fell right, and in your budget? Go for it. Make the best out of what you want. Not by someone that can tell you the spectrum of light that can shine through your butthole and out your eyes and tell you alot of shit you don't need to know. Just to make them selves look good. And sound arrogant and ignorant as all hell. Best way to learn anything is trial and error. Love what you do and happy growing everyone. ☀️🚿🌱😊
🤔 best out there? You mean produces the highest output I think. Those lights procue a shit ton of light but also need a high hanging height and depending on the layout could be a lot of wasted light.

Best is subjective and I agree it may be best for your grow but imo it's not suitable in man many styles of grows and a lot of wasted space. With the height it needs you could likely do grow racks and double your yield with a light that can be run close.

Definitely puts out some serious light though.

Pileit

Pileit

Was wondering if anyone has bought these Fohse a3i leds? Really happy with fluence and gavita, but if these are better.lol. Seriously we are thinking expansion. We want the best return on investment. Initially was sold on led because 600 some odd power draw led is` clo`se to a 1000 watt hps. These things suck up 1600 watts i beleive. They would have to seriously increase yield to pay for 600 more watts than a 1000 watt hps. Any advice really appreciated. thanks. p.s. all the fohse videos ive seen dont look like anymore weight in bud than what ive seen with fluence and gavita. Wanted to add that ceiling height is not a problem for us. 28 foot ceilings. I beleive aquaman mentioned these fohse would have to be hung higher, which could lead to wasted light. a valid concern.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve got to see this! Lets see it!
It's also 800w not 600 like most and the efficacy is decent but that ppfd is an absolute waste for anyone running without co2 and even with you would have to back it up so much you lose a lot to light bleed which equals wasted power. Honestly 600w per fixture is plenty for the coverage this style of light provides. Unless the stretch the fixture out to cover 4x8.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

This forum would b nothing w out the guys on here doing all the research and posting it. It would not have caught my attention that’s all. ✊
Damn str8r! 👍🙌 I can do my own "researching", but not like some of these guyz on the FARM who are CA-RAZY smart with what they do, and I for one appreciate picking their brains 🤯🤣 and I am glad that they're willing to share and help others out where ever possible, and to the best of all our "abilities" too...👍🤙😎

Dosifry

Dosifry

Me too. The light said it has 2400 diodes. I wonder what kind they are and how does it push that many umoles/s
Is 2400 diodes a lot for an 800 watt led? Personally I don’t want to go more than 640 watts when I make the switch. 800 is too close to 1000 and if farmers are getting comparable yeilds to 1000 w hps from 640 watts? Pinch me!

Dosifry

Dosifry

It's also 800w not 600 like most and the efficacy is decent but that ppfd is an absolute waste for anyone running without co2 and even with you would have to back it up so much you lose a lot to light bleed which equals wasted power. Honestly 600w per fixture is plenty for the coverage this style of light provides. Unless the stretch the fixture out to cover 4x8.
They make 200w up through 800w all the same style light. It would be cool if they would throw a few to the farm for folks to try out. I will email the questions you had suggested as well. Still no response on the independent lab testing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is 2400 diodes a lot for an 800 watt led? Personally I don’t want to go more than 640 watts when I make the switch. 800 is too close to 1000 and if farmers are getting comparable yeilds to 1000 w hps from 640 watts? Pinch me!
Nope not really.... I'll have to look again but I think my hlg scorpion diablo has almost 4000 and is 600 watt. I believe efficacy wise it's still the top on the market.

Top Bottom