The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

Great strains, but I'm going to bring it back to the base of a lot of todays strains, good old Skunk #1 or as us old people call it, the roadkill skunk. Haven't seen any since the 90's.
So many people are looking for the pheno of a specific skunk strain that has that 90's ROADKILL stench we all used to know and love!
Has anyone out there actually grown or come across that old school skunk?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So many people are looking for the pheno of a specific skunk strain that has that 90's ROADKILL stench we all used to know and love!
Has anyone out there actually grown or come across that old school skunk?

The real skunk was not a pheno it was a worked strain that @growsince79 described earlier. Later skunk 1 was worked more. The phenos everyone seems to be wanting are from skunk 1.

last time I had a proper skunk was skunk 6 in the mountains of Colorado in 2006 or so. It’s legit. It won a 1996 cup in Holland. And it’s black market weed and those guys would never let the legal market have it.

my friend that lives up in Leadville said it still comes around sometimes so they must still have the cut. He is looking for seeds for me but the strain is quite stable. I never saw a bag seed in it.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

The way I understand it, "Skunk #1" became kinda like what "Gorilla Glue #4" is today; a name for something that comes off as, or may be derivative of the namesake? 🤷🏻‍♂️. Weren't both originally "clone only" but at some point seeds and/or cuts were all over. But, in Skunk's case specifically, it was too loud to survive the clutches of the Law. So it got bred out or whatever. ...

growsince79

growsince79

The real skunk was not a pheno it was a worked strain that @growsince79 described earlier. Later skunk 1 was worked more. The phenos everyone seems to be wanting are from skunk 1.

last time I had a proper skunk was skunk 6 in the mountains of Colorado in 2006 or so. It’s legit. It won a 1996 cup in Holland. And it’s black market weed and those guys would never let the legal market have it.

my friend that lives up in Leadville said it still comes around sometimes so they must still have the cut. He is looking for seeds for me but the strain is quite stable. I never saw a bag seed in it.
Pick whatever pheno you want, I've never seen any skunk as good as the Hawaiian that preceded it .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pick whatever pheno you want, I've never seen any skunk as good as the Hawaiian that preceded it .

the first weed I thought was that strong was real Maui wowie. It used to be imported and we could get it in philly.

But the African black was the trippiest and strongest IMO. Only had it a few times. It was kind of smeared on a cellophane it was so resinous. (And likely old).

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The way I understand it, "Skunk #1" became kinda like what "Gorilla Glue #4" is today; a name for something that comes off as, or may be derivative of the namesake? 🤷🏻‍♂️. Weren't both originally "clone only" but at some point seeds and/or cuts were all over. But, in Skunk's case specifically, it was too loud to survive the clutches of the Law. So it got bred out or whatever. ...

no. Skunk 1 is an old stabilized seed strain. Gorilla glue was an accidental pollination like sour diesel was. It’s clone only. Any seeds sold are a reversed copy.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

no. Skunk 1 is an old stabilized seed strain. Gorilla glue was an accidental pollination like sour diesel was. It’s clone only. Any seeds sold are a reversed copy.
Yes, but that old stabilized strain has gone unaccounted for. I believe that's one of Shanti's strains. And if he's still selling the bean's, read his description. I'm going back years in memory, but he mentions Skunk # has produced more strains.
I haven't been to rhe seed bank in a bit now. If I remember, he calls his Skunk# 1 the Shit, or something?
My thought is it's been lost, and to find an original cut seems very difficult

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, but that old stabilized strain has gone unaccounted for. I believe that's one of Shanti's strains. And if he's still selling the bean's, read his description. I'm going back years in memory, but he mentions Skunk # has produced more strains.
I haven't been to rhe seed bank in a bit now. If I remember, he calls his Skunk# 1 the Shit, or something?
My thought is it's been lost, and to find an original cut seems very difficult

authentic genetics is here and us the real original skunk man Sam skunk one seeds. A bunch of folks are growing it now. Search skunk 1 or authentic genetics. That’s Todd McCormick company. He has original haze and others from back then.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

the first weed I thought was that strong was real Maui wowie. It used to be imported and we could get it in philly.

But the African black was the trippiest and strongest IMO. Only had it a few times. It was kind of smeared on a cellophane it was so resinous. (And likely old).
African black may have even been fermented in the ground!

Ive heard of this. It brings out the trippy psychedelic side. The microbes doin their job

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

African black may have even been fermented in the ground!

Ive heard of this. It brings out the trippy psychedelic side. The microbes doin their job

never heard that before. It’s just a trippy African sativa.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Its wrapped in banana leaves put basically in a mixture of soil and compost. I think i read about this in skunk mag. The microbes break it down and it takes a month or more of fermentation. Its supposed to be the best way to give erb a more potent feeling. Its layers of compost and soil too...memory isnt the greatest
never heard that before. It’s just a trippy African sativa.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

What's in that??? Mostly MauiWowie but its got a lil bit of Labrador in there. WTF, Labrador???? It's dog sh*t, man. lol

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Im a 1953 model myself.

I have about 4 extra lbs and thinking about making some keif brick hash and burying it somewhere to see.
I live in Alaska. You can get sugar, wax, crumble, shatter. You just can’t get hash. Bubble hash is it. I miss old blonde Lebanese and the really dark hard Afghani. A lot.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Blond and red .... 1959 model here
But started in 1971 a year before the 72 dead tours with my older brothers

Top Bottom