the buds were smelling nice skunky until high humidity today then lost smell anone alse ???

• Thread starter dirtyglovedank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

i was trimming Chemdog's Sister and it stunk nice skunky sandalwood smell and left the jar slightly open over night and now nothing the dont even smell ..wtf ? its really hot 94 and high humidity .. what shoul i do close the jar ? / leave it open to dry out more ? anyone else experience this too much humidity ? or did i leave them out too long ? i got og kush trimming and it stinks in and out of the jar .
thanks everyone
DGD

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
I wouldn't jar it if it's not all the dry. I like my shit super dry though.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Michigan weather sucks.... I feel your pain! Have some drying and it did the same, nice and stinky and after today not so much!
We will be in the low 60* come weekend.

I think it's getting time to do some deer hunting!!! :-)

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

I wouldn't jar it if it's not all the dry. I like my shit super dry though.
its dry ,and i cant figure it out. i sealed the jar up last night and a little bit came back but they are dry stems snap , this sucks they were really smelly ,and now to me barely anything

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
will too dry take the smell away ?
To dry def doesn't take the smell away. At least in my experiance it doesn't.

A couple things I have noticed with tree that doesn't smell laud. It was trimmed to wet and jarred. Wasnt flushed well, trimmed wet then dried, or dried to fast.

The flushing thing has less to do with it than the others.

Green Giant

Green Giant

A couple things I have noticed with tree that doesn't smell laud. It was trimmed to wet and jarred. Wasnt flushed well, trimmed wet then dried, or dried to fast.

Could you elaborate on this? Mine smells okay but I smelled other bud from the same strain just kill it with dank smell!

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Could you elaborate on this? Mine smells okay but I smelled other bud from the same strain just kill it with dank smell!

Was it something someone else grew, or was it a differant plant you grew same strain.

Also the plant the doesn't stink could have been sick. I hav noticed fungus gnats and mites have a effect on the smell of the finished product.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Many terpines evaporate at 80+ degs F. Cold slow dry keeps the smell. Jar when stems snap.

If you dry it hot and heavy you lose the scent. I had a friend ruin quite a bit by running a fire place and heaters, gettin em crispy in 2 days cause he was in a hurry. A year later out of the jar it still tastes like shit.

Read HASHISH! by clarke

Green Giant

Green Giant

Was it something someone else grew, or was it a differant plant you grew same strain.

Also the plant the doesn't stink could have been sick. I hav noticed fungus gnats and mites have a effect on the smell of the finished product.

It was a buddy he had the mom, he ran clones from her and so did I. His had a much stronger smell.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
It was a buddy he had the mom, he ran clones from her and so did I. His had a much stronger smell.

Then it could be a cazillion things. From nutes used, time ran, dry time, cure, lights, ect.

I would suggest you work on each on of those things. Dry time should be two to three weeks.

I don't care what any one says, two dry is better than wet. You can put rh back into the nug with a humidity pack. But you can't fix a fucked up wet nug.

Super dry is always the way to go, but it has to be slow and low. Like Oregon panda said.

A good 3 weeks and your cash money.

I would almost guess you went to fast. Or it wasnt all the way dry when you trimmed and then to Jared it, burped it, and what ever, and it shredded some of the turpines.

How hot is we're your drying, and how hot is your storage spot.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I trim wet. Cut it off the plant trim it and hang it in a drying rack.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
I trim wet. Cut it off the plant trim it and hang it in a drying rack.

Drying racks, like one of those circle drying things. Those things sucks, they smush the buds which will kill the stink, plus ruin the over astetic of the nug shape.

Second, buy trimming wet, I don't know why, but trimming a wet plant always smells week as shit ounce it's dry.

Third buy trimming them wet, and useing the drying rack, your pot is going to dry faster, becouse it's all trimmed up. And we know a fast dry isn't good. ;)

This how how you get the best result, people haveing even doing it for years. You trim all the large fan leaves, chop them down, and hang the upside down on a line, and wait three weeks. Then do your sugar trim after its dry.

It will yeild the best result, am your nug should reek every time.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Drying racks, like one of those circle drying things. Those things sucks, they smush the buds which will kill the stink, plus ruin the over astetic of the nug shape.

Second, buy trimming wet, I don't know why, but trimming a wet plant always smells week as shit ounce it's dry.

Third buy trimming them wet, and useing the drying rack, your pot is going to dry faster, becouse it's all trimmed up. And we know a fast dry isn't good. ;)

This how how you get the best result, people haveing even doing it for years. You trim all the large fan leaves, chop them down, and hang the upside down on a line, and wait three weeks. Then do your sugar trim after its dry.

It will yeild the best result, am your nug should reek every time.

I tried it that way once.... Such a PITA to trim the small dry sugar leaves it took forever. It was almost easier to pull them with a pair of tweezers!

I do not load my drying racks very full I do not stack buds on top of buds. I feel that the drying time has increased since switching to the racks. Before I would chop a branch off, wet trim, and hang from a string until dry, then cut off nugs and brown bag for another week or so then bottle. For a total of around 2.5 - 4 weeks process.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Trim dry.

If trimming while wet, trim it shaggy, like just taking the very tips off.

Either way hold it only by the stem while trimming and dont rake the scissors across the bud. If your getting hella finger and scissor hash, your doing it wrong. "Clean scissors, clean fingers." is my trim crew's mantra. If you have black hands at the end of the day... NO BEER FOR YOU! lol

The more leaf and stem, the slower the dry. I personally believe the stem has terpines stored in it that defuse into the bud during drying. The stems while the plants are alive are always so stanky! I figure if nothing else they get gassed by the terpines leaving the stem and expose the bud to that much more stink.

Remember that the bud dries long before the trichome crystallizes. The trichome is an oily gland encased in a hard shell. Any tampering busts open this shell and the oil spills out releasing its stinky payload into the air. It takes 2 full months for a trichome to become solid all the way through, totally crystaline. Curing is so important.

Trichomes bond with fat and therefore plastic, use only glass to cure. Plastic is trichome apocalypse. Just say no.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Trim dry.

If trimming while wet, trim it shaggy, like just taking the very tips off.

Either way hold it only by the stem while trimming and dont rake the scissors across the bud. If your getting hella finger and scissor hash, your doing it wrong. "Clean scissors, clean fingers." is my trim crew's mantra. If you have black hands at the end of the day... NO BEER FOR YOU! lol

The more leaf and stem, the slower the dry. I personally believe the stem has terpines stored in it that defuse into the bud during drying. The stems while the plants are alive are always so stanky! I figure if nothing else they get gassed by the terpines leaving the stem and expose the bud to that much more stink.

Remember that the bud dries long before the trichome crystallizes. The trichome is an oily gland encased in a hard shell. Any tampering busts open this shell and the oil spills out releasing its stinky payload into the air. It takes 2 full months for a trichome to become solid all the way through, totally crystaline. Curing is so important.

Trichomes bond with fat and therefore plastic, use only glass to cure. Plastic is trichome apocalypse. Just say no.
Be careful trimming too dry if your in doubt trim under a fluorescent and watch what happens after every snip?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Trim wet with a machine and you'll pull an ounce of dry seive every day easy. Such things are inevitable with clunky technique.

Tis a gentile hand that shall rule the land.

Top Bottom