The Camp - 32 X 1000w Flip Flop - (8) Uc16xl

• Thread starter UCMENOW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
datDANK

datDANK

do you notice if the plants are different between flip flopped rooms or seem basically identical to you?

Olyver

Olyver

Glad to see the flip I built you is working perfectly. Some nice sized nugz, wish I was able to taste...lol

Best

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well that's an eye opener, don't post any pix, I'm going to want to shoot myself. Real nice production set up.

Chillers are much more efficient than AC and cost less to operate. I switched from AC to chillers and have not looked back. Cost's for electricity is now lower also and the rooms are cooler. I also discovered that they can chill far more when not used direct. My first UC I ran a 1/2 HP chiller in-line with the UC, worked great. Got another system and bought another chiller. Got another system bought a 1 HP chiller hooked direct to my 220gal DIY system.

This is where the light came on..

Had 2 chillers in one room and temps were hi 90"s all the time and I just shut the systems down.

With some advice from Chillville and reading lots this is what I did. I got a 45 gal barrel and ran the chiller to the 45gal. I bought two 50 ft ss chiller coils with hose ends on them and put one in each epicenter and attached 200gph mag drives to them and they keep everything cooled to 63 to 65 no problem. So I bought a car rad and hook it up with a fan and it works like a charm. In fact I'm thinking of using my extra chiller to cool my house with the rad idea. Sent the rad out to have hose fittings soldered on, it's winter here. I would buy the 25 foot coils next time.

J

juggo

Wow!!

Thats just beutiful! Well done and much respect.

peace,
juggo

D

Don007206

wow. Can't wait for an update on how the 'new n improved' version is going, cuz the old one looked pretty damn good from here... damn.

You mentioned you had a chillking 2Ton unit and were planning to use some 'icebox pro' units. I'd never heard of them before today, so I looked... and about fell out of my chair laughing- because I'd built some myself! I had some 8" maxfans and Iceboxes laying around and figured they just were meant to go together! By the way, they work like silk pajamas on Angelina Jolie- smooooth. I'd recommend using the HI thermostat since it has a built in speed controller, made a big difference when I put one in the loop.

Someone was asking about using raptors or ochos for runs of vented hoods, and to them I'd say these hoods are the way to go; much cooler, better light footprint. If you don't want to go vertical bare-bulb, or adjust-a-wing, this is the ticket. Just be sure and pull the air thru the hoods, don't push.

I found it interesting that all of the rooms are empty at once. Just wondering what the reasoning was behind not staggering them and doing a perpetual grow?

I didn't buy a UC- though I may as well have by the time my DIY was done- and Im running standard round 5 gallon buckets with 1" bulkheads and hoses. I'm still dialing my system in. Am I in for trouble in terms of getting rootbound?

C

cmantis

This is very helpful to me as I am looking to do something similar. I am interested to hear about any updates or changes you might have made. I am still making my shopping list so taking notes.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

He switched to coco beds...
This is very helpful to me as I am looking to do something similar. I am interested to hear about any updates or changes you might have made. I am still making my shopping list so taking notes.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Still rocking my old ass UC's. Looking to upgrade to bulkheads soon as I break down this next time. Sorry for the lack of updates, just been tail chasing.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

He switched to coco beds...
Sorry, my jackass self thought this was on Jack's thread.. Glad to see you still rockin Ucmenow.. Sorry about that bad post, wish I could delete it.. Please post some pics soon. I LOVED this thread!!

F

fuzzy

Hey UC, i just bought those black rubber couplings and cut the pipes inbetween the buckets and added the couplings for easier break down.keep up the great work,peace,fuzzy

P

Premier711

Wow UC awesome build... I havent seen your latest yield? Gpw? Also with the price of CC systems, and all the DYI plans, can anyone reccomend where all the bulkheads, fittings,tubing and rezez can be purchased best pricing??

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow UC awesome build... I havent seen your latest yield? Gpw? Also with the price of CC systems, and all the DYI plans, can anyone reccomend where all the bulkheads, fittings,tubing and rezez can be purchased best pricing??

Home DePot, farm and ranch supply stores, and on the internet. You'll save money, but you will spend much more time assembling, sorting, fixing problems, etc. I know, I did it.

Bottom line? Now that CC is shipping their UC systems with bulkheads instead of uniseals, I see no reason why an *experienced* grower shouldn't use their equipment. Beginners have little business in DWC until they gain a good grasp of the basics. I learned that the hard way, too.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Still rocking my old ass UC's. Looking to upgrade to bulkheads soon as I break down this next time. Sorry for the lack of updates, just been tail chasing.

Chasing tail? Hope they've been worth the chase...

Seriously, it's trying to nail down all this 'tail chasing' that's the biggest single obstacle to making a task schedule. There always seems to be more to do...

Top Bottom