The Cannabis Combustion Alchemy 101 Thread

• Thread starter J.dub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J.dub

J.dub

Wanted to start a thread for all those smokers out there that add other herbs or are interested in adding herbs and such (NOT fermeldahyde, lolll) to their combusted cannabis, and what effects these combined medicines have. Many things that make great teas also have medicinal smoking qualities. After all, terpenes are terpenes. Here's what I've tried, and what I've noticed.

Dried french lavender: Adds a bit of spiciness on the tongue and smoothness to the smoke on top of the obvious flavor. Definitely adds a soothing, narcotic effect to the high, and seems to extend it as well. Research says it's anti-inflammatory. Just makes you feel good. Great before bed.

Mullein: Herbal and hay flavor, nothing desire-able, to me at least. Great medicinal qualities -- a natural expectorant and anti-inflammatory, including for the lungs, with no known harmful effects. Cleanse out a smoker's lungs. Seems to magnify whatever high slightly, if any effect at all. Almost like a twist on the CBD effect.

Skullcap: Tea-like flavor. Very dry -- great to add to sticky, resin-covered bud to even out the smoke and burn. Has a noticeable effect on mood, both when smoked and made into tea, and can be great for treating anxiety and depression.

Tobacco: I know, I know. Not the greatest, but I admittedly enjoy tobacco/nicotine on occasion. Makes the smoke harsher and will borderline ruin your smoking hardware and gets stale quickly. Best in spliffs. Best with Indica, for that speedball effect.

I heard a podcast with Bodhi, the cannabis breeder, and he talked about how adding kanna powder can take the edge and paranoia off and elevate mood, and adding Indian vacha, made from calamus, can keep a really intense session more focused, such as smoking hash or charra.

Interested what others have to share!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Wanted to start a thread for all those smokers out there that add other herbs or are interested in adding herbs and such (NOT fermeldahyde, lolll) to their combusted cannabis, and what effects these combined medicines have. Many things that make great teas also have medicinal smoking qualities. After all, terpenes are terpenes. Here's what I've tried, and what I've noticed.

Dried french lavender: Adds a bit of spiciness on the tongue and smoothness to the smoke on top of the obvious flavor. Definitely adds a soothing, narcotic effect to the high, and seems to extend it as well. Research says it's anti-inflammatory. Just makes you feel good. Great before bed.

Mullein: Herbal and hay flavor, nothing desire-able, to me at least. Great medicinal qualities -- a natural expectorant and anti-inflammatory, including for the lungs, with no known harmful effects. Cleanse out a smoker's lungs. Seems to magnify whatever high slightly, if any effect at all. Almost like a twist on the CBD effect.

Skullcap: Tea-like flavor. Very dry -- great to add to sticky, resin-covered bud to even out the smoke and burn. Has a noticeable effect on mood, both when smoked and made into tea, and can be great for treating anxiety and depression.

Tobacco: I know, I know. Not the greatest, but I admittedly enjoy tobacco/nicotine on occasion. Makes the smoke harsher and will borderline ruin your smoking hardware and gets stale quickly. Best in spliffs. Best with Indica, for that speedball effect.

I heard a podcast with Bodhi, the cannabis breeder, and he talked about how adding kanna powder can take the edge and paranoia off and elevate mood, and adding Indian vacha, made from calamus, can keep a really intense session more focused, such as smoking hash or charra.

Interested what others have to share!
Just a guess , no disrespect, u a Canuck ?

J.dub

J.dub

I am not a Canuck, no. And no disrespect taken, but I am intrigued. . . What makes you say that?

Reactions: HWH
Moshmen

Moshmen

I am not a Canuck, no. And no disrespect taken, but I am intrigued. . . What makes you say that?
Verbiage I was from Michigan and all my Canadian friends smokes spliffs - half tobacco half weed. Only reason I’m intrigued and watching for others to reply

J.dub

J.dub

Ah, I gotcha. Good ol' spliffs. Europeans like 'em as well.

Yeah, I'm hoping some others can chime in with some insight on some other herbs to smoke or ways to smoke, even.

Top Bottom