The Car & Bike Lover's Thread

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Cell phone pics 025 pink Mary Kay escalade account we had a few yrs back. we did 27 of them in puke pink.

warehouse of some pretty old and bad ass cars

Cell phone pics 072
Cell phone pics 440
Cell phone pics 445

Junk

Junk

DAMN! That is the longest timing belt I've ever seen. Had a friend with an old legacy, wanted me to change his spark plugs. Opted out because of the extremely cramped quarters they leave you. That journal looks like it's seen better days too.

The whole motor fried. At the time I put an exhaust on that was supposed to clear the oil pan. It didn't, so I dented the pan up a little till I could get an STI pan.

Apparently, not enough, because the oil got so hot, it stopped lubricating. Metal was everywhere. I wouldn't have put any of those bearings back in.

I had another one (I don't have pics of it, in retrospect I should have taken some) but the whole piston and cylinder detonated. The piston was just a bunch of rock size chunks of metal, and they cylinder had a huge hole in it. 25% of the block was gone lol. When you looked down the cyllinder, (what was left of it) there was no piston. Just a rod sitting there lol. But if you build the engine yourself, and account for the weak links, it's great motor. The motor in that STI, although it will need a refresh every 12k or so, so long as you have oil pressure, you would be hard pressed to blow that motor. Everything is forged and/or heat treated, the crank, valves, pistons, cams. Sleeve the block, new valve springs. Really your only concern now is oil pressure, which you have a gauge for. Do that, and you will kill yourself, before you kill that motor. Also, it's much easier to put back together than a V imo.

Junk

Junk

View attachment 527593 pink Mary Kay escalade account we had a few yrs back. we did 27 of them in puke pink.

warehouse of some pretty old and bad ass cars

View attachment 527588
View attachment 527590
View attachment 527592
So, seeing all those cars, the Bugatti, the Phantoms, the Vette's. If you could pick only one car from that place (or bike), which would you pick and why?

I might take the Bugatti. So I can sell it and get the new Porsche 918 (the hybrid supercar) and an A4 for the winters, and maybe if i have money left a GTR

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Lamborghini reventon!!! with the reventon ($500,000.00) you don't lose your factory warranty like you do with the Veyron when you insert the key in a "special" key cylinder. it unlocks the full Veyrons 1001 HP as well as immediately voiding ANY warranty on the car.

as for a bike, ANY MOTO GP Suzuki with ohlins carts (25,000.00 forks) and 10,000.00 ohlins rear shock.

I called it quits from riding on the streets as my throttle hand was getting the better of me and went strictly track. then after 1 massive highside and 2 close calls at a very high rate of speed, I called it quits for good.

Cell phone pics 150

Junk

Junk

I'm not inserting the key into anything. It was a joke, I think I just made it poorly.

I meant, take the Veyron because it's so dang expensive, and immediately sell it, and use the funds to buy other cars. I think the Veyron is a special car, that will never be forgotten. But it's not the car I would pick to own.

I'd take the Reventon, the 458, the Mp4-12c, the 918, numerous Zonda's, I could probably list 200 cars I would rather have than the Veyron. The new Mclaren hybrid would be the balls.

It's so sad we never got to see them compared (the P1 and the 918) on Top Gear. I miss those guys, my favorite show.

Honestly, I'd take an LFA over the Veyron. What can you really use the Veyron for? Sure the LFA has no cupholder, but everyone I know who has driven one, is smitten with it.

I'm smitten and I've never driven one. Except in Gran Turismo 5 ;)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ive driven more concepts (from the 50's to present), 1st built, last built, movie cars (bumble bee from transformers, cant talk too much about it tho), most of the other auto bots and the stingray from the trans movies, did paint work on nearly every XX car maker in commercials from 2011-2014 and movie cars. sorry I cant go into a lot of detail from a confidentially agreement. zl1 concept, ss concept, z28 concept. in a certain pickup commercial (XXX) black, the bed shot I did a full grind of ALL spot welds, fill in, block, prime, then the painters did their work, then I flat sanded and rubbed to a mirror perfect shine. that commercial is still airing. im sure you can figure out the maker, I just cant blatantly type it out.

Junk

Junk

someday I will fix a buick grand national GNX
28,000 dollars when it came out and the only other production car that could beat it at the 1/4 mile was the porsche 911 turbo!
View attachment 527461

Here is a Grand National for you. Gary Biggs' Grand National (Sound Quality Competition Vehicle)

It's the best car I've ever heard. He is sponsored by JBL, and he is a legend, so he pretty much gets to have whatever he wants. This is what he designed. Seeing it in person, you will drool a bit.

There is an interior shot in here that is not his car, you will be able to tell which one, I'm not sure which pic # it is to take it out. But you will notice the one that doesn't belong lol.

Slap Finals 060
Slap Finals 061
Slap Finals 058
Slap Finals 062
Slap Finals 063
Slap Finals 064

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a Grand National for you. Gary Biggs' Grand National (Sound Quality Competition Vehicle)

It's the best car I've ever heard. He is sponsored by JBL, and he is a legend, so he pretty much gets to have whatever he wants. This is what he designed. Seeing it in person, you will drool a bit.

View attachment 527623 View attachment 527624 View attachment 527627 View attachment 527628 View attachment 527630 View attachment 527631
Nice but has it ever been on the road????
All show no go??
it's all good, to each their own.
could not resist taking it on the road as much as possible...
No dis intended...

Junk

Junk

Eyi Say "GIVE ME THIS AND GIVE ME AMERICA!!!!" :D lol, id be Crusin ALLOVER Them BIG empty Spaces ya Got with this V8 "Bosshoss" Beaut'.. (Painted Desert colours a reckon.. woohoo) View attachment 527584
View attachment 527576
View attachment 527577
Type Liquid Cooled V-8
Horsepower 445 @ 4750 rpm
Torque 445 Ft.Lbs @ 4750 rpm
Block Cast Aluminum - 4 bolt main
Cylinders Aluminum (58cc)
Valvetrain 1.94"Int / 1.5"Exh.
Size 376 c.i. (6200cc)
Compression 10.7:1
Fuel Injection multi-port
Exhaust 2.5" with dual mufflers
Transmission 2-speed semi-auto w/rev.
Final Drive Belt, Gates- Polychain
Overall Length 103"
Wheel Base 80.0"
Seat Height 24.0"
Rake 33.0 degrees
Grd. Dlearance 4.5"
Frame Width 28.0"
GVWR 1675 lbs.
Dry Weight 1100 lbs.
Front 130/90-16, 3.50"x16.0"
Rear 230/60, 7.0"x15.0"

^^ I wont load yer "Gorgeous" Thread with pics of None Cars Junk, the next one will have a few n thats all.
^Sure That would Barge Most Eu/jap cars Out the Way,anyhow! lol.. :) .kidding

That thing is an ANIMAL! And 1100 lbs dry!!! You better not lay it down lol.

It's a car lover's thread man...post whatever you want!! I certainly clutter up the UFC thread you made with my crap. I'm glad the gear heads have a place to get together. I didn't expect the thread to take off like this...

If I could edit it, I would change it to the "car and bike lover's thread." It just slipped my mind. But I'm a bike lover too.

The fastest one I've ever driven was the 2nd generation R1. That is the bike that convinced me that I can't own a bike. I push the limits too much, and I'm not a pro like DemonTrich. I would surely be wrapped around a tree by now. I know there are faster production bikes out now, but I haven't ridden them. But the R1 was enough to convince me just to borrow bikes from time to time. I'm not responsible enough to own one. I'd kill myself. I should post a set of pics of the cars I've wrecked by pushing it. The last two, I'm honestly lucky to be alive.

DemonTrich has got a set of cast iron balls on him. Bike racing is scary stuff. Look at that pic, you gotta be flying to lean like that, and he has about 8 square inches of rubber on the pavement.

It would have been fun to see him drive that STI, he certainly wouldn't have the same level of fear that most people would.

Junk

Junk

Nice but has it ever been on the road????
All show no go??
it's all good, to each their own.
could not resist taking it on the road as much as possible...
No dis intended...

No dis taken. It's not my car lol.

But to answer your question, it's a trailer queen. But it "would" go...since the rebuild (I mean EVERYTHING is new) the car had like 400 miles on it.

I just realized though it's a Regal, not a GNX. Still a beautiful car though. Everyone has always called it a GNX, even in the search bar, when I type in Gary Biggs it puts in "Grand National."

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

nice GN

we had first built in our old warehouse. 105 miles on her.

heres my old show car. 2002 Hyundai elantra gt
tons of crap in it

sold it and got into bikes. MUCH much faster

156 spl on term lab meter in comps (windshield mounted)
150 in a squirrel cage USACI comps (floor mounted).
1 sub
1 amp
1 battery

shit would shake a full 20oz pop bottle out of my cup holder.
I had a video of me putting a grocery bag in the port of the box and shredding it. lol was funny.

1093 1098 1099 1100 1101

tobh

tobh

Supporter
nice GN

we had first built in our old warehouse. 105 miles on her.

heres my old show car. 2002 Hyundai elantra gt
tons of crap in it

sold it and got into bikes. MUCH much faster

156 spl on term lab meter in comps (windshield mounted)
150 in a squirrel cage USACI comps (floor mounted).
1 sub
1 amp
1 battery

shit would shake a full 20oz pop bottle out of my cup holder.
I had a video of me putting a grocery bag in the port of the box and shredding it. lol was funny.

View attachment 527671 View attachment 527673 View attachment 527674 View attachment 527675 View attachment 527676
View attachment 527677

How many watts was that amp pushing? Very clean elantra!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

thanks
the paint was wetsanded with 1500 then 3000, then polished.

3500 to the sub rms at 1 ohm
900 from the component amp to polk audio components in ALL doors (have this amp in my truck plus all polk components, and a 860mp deck)
3 farad cap (iirc, this was almost 7-8 yrs ago since I had it)
deck was a pioneer 960mp (800.00 at the time)
dvd player was a p8dvd add-on. deck controlled dvd (also played movies while driving, simply ground the parking brake wire for all the time vid watching)

all work was done by my buddy and myself minus tuning the suspension. got that done at the Porsche dealership for a case of beer. :)

I also used to autocross this car as well (even with all the weight in the back). I had bfg comp ta tires on mitsu evo 11lb wheels. :)
1097 1091

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

thanks
the paint was wetsanded with 1500 then 3000, then polished.

3500 to the sub rms at 1 ohm
900 from the component amp to polk audio components in ALL doors (have this amp in my truck plus all polk components, and a 860mp deck)
3 farad cap (iirc, this was almost 7-8 yrs ago since I had it)
deck was a pioneer 960mp (800.00 at the time)
dvd player was a p8dvd add-on. deck controlled dvd (also played movies while driving, simply ground the parking brake wire for all the time vid watching)

all work was done by my buddy and myself minus tuning the suspension. got that done at the Porsche dealership for a case of beer. :)

I also used to autocross this car as well (even with all the weight in the back). I had bfg comp ta tires on mitsu evo 11lb wheels. :)
View attachment 527692 View attachment 527693

I competed for years in Sound Quality.

What was your resonant frequency? What was your port tuned to?

I did 119 (same mic) with music lol. I just did the necessary 130 db Iasca required at the time but at 43 hz :)

If you want car/speaker pics, I have, literally, thousands of them (my own work).

I wish I knew you when I was competing, would love to have gotten a paint job like that.

str8smokn

str8smokn

The opening is the shit. I like all chained up smoking all four tires.
That is a badass drifter,gives me chills at times just thinking the pull you have to shut down a city like that to do a video of you killing it, with helly copters following you . That shit is dope..
Ya it's a one off I believe of a car.
STR8

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

junk
i believe it was 42hz. for some reason, that's the sine I used to play.

I really like my old 960mp deck as it put out 2.5v per channel. I barely had my gain on my amps past 1/4 :) my current 860mp is the same way.

iirc I was competing from 03-08 in the Detroit area??? its been so long ago, 3 motorcycles, 2 motorcycle crashes, 2 surgeries and a few lbs of smoke I inhaled. lol

Top Bottom