The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I'm not surprised. You know the old sayin', you can lead a horse to water...

It sounds like you've done your level best, ain't nothin' more you can do. What'll be fun is the day he comes to ask. In the meantime, if you're sensitive to bugulars at all, I wouldn't smoke his reefer. If you want extra protein, eat it.
lololol. Love it!!!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I'm not surprised. You know the old sayin', you can lead a horse to water...

It sounds like you've done your level best, ain't nothin' more you can do. What'll be fun is the day he comes to ask. In the meantime, if you're sensitive to bugulars at all, I wouldn't smoke his reefer. If you want extra protein, eat it.
One thing I did when I came home was strip all my clothes off and washed them. Once you told me about spidermites, OUCH!!!! lolol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're unable to do that, freeze everything for a few hours, I like to let it go overnight. I just roll everything up, stick it in a plastic bag and jam it in the freezer. This is also a FAR better option than trying to wash certain kinds of shoes.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

If you're unable to do that, freeze everything for a few hours, I like to let it go overnight. I just roll everything up, stick it in a plastic bag and jam it in the freezer. This is also a FAR better option than trying to wash certain kinds of shoes.
Thanks for all your help you have been great!!! Now its time to tend to my own plants. Purple bud and Sweet Mango.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden, newtogrowing here, What can I use for potassium deficiency?
Yes, wood ash, but it can push pH up SUPER hard. Kelp/seaweed solutions are good for K, too. Lots of things, actually, like greensand, but that's a slow releasing form.

Here, go through this paper's discussion of sources of potassium. It's focused on organics, so if you're not going that route you can probably find salt-based ferts that will match your needs, but I'm not familiar with them.

http://ucanr.org/sites/nm/files/76654.pdf

Greensand, langbenite, manure/compost, potassium sulfate (K2SO4), potassium chloride aka sylvinite, other rock powders, and of course the seaweed.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Yes, wood ash, but it can push pH up SUPER hard. Kelp/seaweed solutions are good for K, too. Lots of things, actually, like greensand, but that's a slow releasing form.

Here, go through this paper's discussion of sources of potassium. It's focused on organics, so if you're not going that route you can probably find salt-based ferts that will match your needs, but I'm not familiar with them.

http://ucanr.org/sites/nm/files/76654.pdf

Greensand, langbenite, manure/compost, potassium sulfate (K2SO4), potassium chloride aka sylvinite, other rock powders, and of course the seaweed.
Thanks @Seamaiden!!!!

HMDbudz

HMDbudz

Don't mean to clutter up the forum here
I was just wondering if someone could help out

Ph is usually 5.8
& ppm levels right around 1000

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Mind blown. SHOES IN THE Freezer !
Forehead slap , Duh!

Thanks so much for your wisdom.

Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
View attachment 573918 View attachment 573917 Don't mean to clutter up the forum here
I was just wondering if someone could help out

Ph is usually 5.8
& ppm levels right around 1000
Hi HM, I think you should go ahead and post this in the infirmary, you'll get much better and more customized help. Include as much information as you can: media, age, lighting, environmental parameters, pH of feed/water/media (I like slurry testing for getting a handle on media pH), anything you can think of. I personally think those plants are a bit overfed/burned, but I can't say for certain.

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

Hi Sea,
What kind of solution rate do you use for your isopropyl alcohol? PH'd water? Thank you...

You can control the spread of mites by paying attention to the direction of handling, EG start with your most valuable plants first, while you're 100% clean (like your flowering ladies), then move onto your vegging cuts, then move onto your vegetables, then your flower garden.

After that, everything you're wearing should either be washed, or what I like to do, especially since I'm always wearing a hat, is to put everything in the freezer for 24hrs.

Also, pay attention to your shoes/feet. Either a change of shoes (I prefer Crocs, easy on/easy off, plus they're TOTALLY washable) or those shoe condoms the Directv technicians wear.

The spotting all over the leaf. They present the same way inside as out. I treat the same way inside as out, isopropyl alcohol usually, sometimes JMS if I feel like mixing it up.

Ca and P, in my opinion. Strong on both. Given that, while I'm not the best person to discuss how to balance nutrients, I would give nutrient balance a good hard think. That along with pH ranges, because pH being out of range will lock out what they're being given.

Last edited:
F

finddankweed

I think I may as well just post these here charts up in their very own thread and then put that in my sig line, because I spend a lot of time posting these charts that I use regularly to help me make diagnoses on all my plants, cannabis included. One is specific to cannabis, the others, including the Mulder's Mineral Wheel (with periodic notations) helps us understand more about why one mineral may be in imbalance relative to another, or more, as with life, it is a wheel and not linear.

Enjoy, and use as often as you need. I do not take credit for creating these charts, only sharing them.

View attachment 363340

Please note with specific regard to this cannabis leaf chart: there is an error in that Ca is being shown under the heading of Mobile Nutrients. Calcium is an immobile nutrient, thus problems can occur on upper (newer) leaves only.
View attachment 363341

I'm adding a different Mulder's Wheel and removing the previous wheel, based on discussions with Protaide and other research. What I'd really like to do is get ALL the best charts onto one page, so I may decide to do some editing of this thread (I haven't decided yet). In any event, say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. I'm hoping this one's easier to work with.

View attachment 419429

1.20.15 (January 20, 2015).

I'm adding the Periodic Table of Elements for those folks who need a reference for abbreviated references, EG; You have a Ca-.

View attachment 477458

Wow, these are awesome, Thank you!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

This is my forth plant and I always get this!!!! I gave her General Hydroponics CALiMAG. Then I tried Epsom salt in, 1 tsp. in a gallon of water and strayed her down. I had a good bro tell me to use dolmite lime and mix it with the soil. It just seems I have this problem with calcium or magnesium. GO figure...
20160222 143555

Top Bottom