The Chow Mix Hempy Experience

• Thread starter easypleasie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aleYarok

aleYarok

i swear just this week when i was digging in old mpb threads i read that from him, top katsu toppped out at 2.75#, i could be wrong though, ive read so many damn mpb threads, im trying to find the post, but ill keep looking because i know i saw it!

true grit

true grit

Yo gritty! Glad to see ya, buddy. So stoked you're experimenting with coco again. It's so simple once you figure out a few of the quirks. I think we have both come a long way since the earlier days. Still experimenting and seeing what works. Part of the fun! Hopefully this chow mix run works out so I can stick to one method for more than a grow or two lol!

I popped a whole pack of 13 dawgs and got 4 fems. Did you pop any of yours yet? Thanks again for the reminder, bro! I flowered two of the phenos from seed (pics above) while my bro grew the other two phenos. I got one pheno back from him so i'm running 3 this time from cutting. There's gotta be a keeper in there!

My white fire yielded more than I was expecting. I was thinking a pound when I harvested her but she ended up a little over 1.4! Smoke is great but I think it's gonna be better this round since i'm gonna let her go 10+ weeks instead of only 9 last run. How long did you let yours go for?

What up what up?! Nope havent popped any of mine, but did have a partner drop a whole pack....bout a couple weeks til flower...havent really got to check them yet. Put mine in the freezer...hehe. Sounds like you at least got some fems to look through!

Yeah the coco is my transition to UC, but with the size of coco may keep both. Coco is easy as shit and WAY better all around thus far than soil....and ive been growin organic soil forever....really diggin it. Thinkin a lb should be pretty cake on several plants this round. uc will be insane.

Your white fire sounds WAY better in the yield than mine! I did one little gal in a 5g smart pot of soil under a 1k and got 25g of the frostiest herb ive ever grown. No cuts though of course...lol. I took her at 9 due to PM but she is still hella strong. Think 10wks will be knock out. Got 3 more coming up right now....

Aley- yeah dont worry bout it bro, the thread it was in was locked and deleted by DD's...they were 1lb plants he said.

A

antimatter

100% canna coco is so much better for tossing in the backyard than sunshine or promix lol, I got a little pile of sunshine next to my electrical meter and some parts of my yard back filled with sunshine. Coco can go anywhere and once the roots disintegrate its like an untraceable grow medium. Some folks toss there hydroton on the side of the road lol!

aleYarok

aleYarok

Aley- yeah dont worry bout it bro, the thread it was in was locked and deleted by DD's...they were 1lb plants he said.

i knew i wasn't going crazy...
doubleds said:
all i know for sure is that my plants are extremely healthy, massive white n fuzzy root zones and yields are sky high. I just yielded 2.75 pounds from 1 bubba kush plant.

&

from 13 dawgs first timer grow
doubleds said:
Yield was 3.1 pounds per plant dry, cleaned and destalked.

the trees in this system are pretty much the same as the mpbs right? except the growth is faster in mpbs so you have to veg longer in the hempy buckets?

i hate for people to give up on the big numbers, if DDs can do it, why cant others?

J

Jalisco Kid

Running 50/50 chow you might want to keep an eye out for water damage. Keeping an 1" of water in the bottom will cause the coir to be wet from the wicking. I would have added some active aeration to your buckets.
A real bubba should give you an avg of 2.5 lb My biggest was somewhere around 3.3. JK

E

easypleasie

Hey JK, glad you could stop by with tips. I have two inches of just hydroton at the bottom so hopefully that helps keep the wicking action minimal. I'll surely keep an eye on things though. What kind of aeration do you recommend? Airstones at the bottom of the bucket? I'm about to transplant my next round so i'd like to add any improvements now while I still have the chance. Thanks again for the help.

J

Jalisco Kid

It does not need to be an airstone, just run some 1/4" tubing or 1/2" pvc w/some holes drilled. Just enough air to keep the bad guys away.
Make some sample buckets up and water them like they have plants in them for a few days. Then pull out levels of chow and see how wet everything is. You would be surprised how well it wicks. JK

B

brookstown

Easy How long generally would you veg a 5g coco/per to mix hit the 8-12oz range. I'm vegging a Few bubba's and would hate to say I should have vegged longer in the end.

E

easypleasie

brookstown, I haven't used coco/perlite yet, only coco/hydroton (aka chow mix). I usually use straight coco in 5 gallon buckets when i'm flowering out new strains for the first time. I can get a general idea how it will do in different setups based on this. Not the most accurate way to determine potential but it's what i've been using so far.

To get 8-12 oz really depends on the strain and how much light you provide in both veg and flower. With a 1k, you won't have to veg as long. I'm currently using T5 and 600s so it takes a good couple months from cutting. I haven't grown bubba out, only an unknown cut of OG kush and my current white fire. I wouldn't flower them any less than 30" tall if you wanna get some decent yield (assuming you're using vertical lighting). Pinching the tops has helped mine thicken and bush out. My white fire was around 32" at the start of flower and she's easily 5ft. tall now. Doubled in height and tripled in width.

B

brookstown

wow, that kinda worries me now. I really needed to increase yeilds but 20 of those would easily swallow my room. Maybe I should be horizontal and just pack them in there.

C

Coxie

Nice thread easy, I'm subbed. Thanks for starting this one. Are you using your mpb light config with this set up? Your room looks killer! The yields must be close to the mpb's?

E

easypleasie

brookstown, just veg your girls out nice and big before you flower them. Bush them up real good and you won't need that many girls in the room. Maybe go a little bigger than the 5 gallon buckets. What's your existing lighting?

Coxie, glad you could make it over. I'm using the same light config as before. 4k in a diamond shape with 6 plants. I was able to cram an extra plant in my space... It only gets light from one side. Yieldwise, I can't say how they compare but I can say i'll have a much better chance of making it through an entire run :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I don't have a cycle timer, I figure using gph drippers will allow me get a dialed in watering schedule knowing exact gph numbers without much runoff/waste, right now my pump requires a cycle timer in order to dial in the watering because obviously 15 min intervals drain my reservoir to quick. Its either cycle timer or gph drippers and im leaning towards gph drippers but cycle timers work to.

bro they make 15a digital timers with up to 6 "events" per day that you can set for 1 minute to however long you need.

they are alot cheaper then cycle timers and a bit more versatile.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Very nice and clean pro set up man even the ducting looks nice and st8 very happy plants u got there I love the hempy buckets did some outside and now I am getting ready to run them inside I like the way you set up for the buckets to catch the run off.I have to ask what I need to get the tube to attach to the bottom of the bucket like that I was thinking of doing that I saw some one on rollitup.com doing the same thing.Keep it green sick set up homie.

C

Coxie

Coxie, glad you could make it over. I'm using the same light config as before. 4k in a diamond shape with 6 plants. I was able to cram an extra plant in my space... It only gets light from one side. Yieldwise, I can't say how they compare but I can say i'll have a much better chance of making it through an entire run :)[/QUOTE]

easy,
I'm with you on making it through. The hempy's are way less stressful, plus, from what I'm finding, the yields are related to the amount and configuration of the lights. On my last mpb run before this one, I set an mpb bin with soil-less mix at the end of my flower room, it had 2 - 1000's on it, and it pulled 8.5 oz's dry, (killer Hashplant stain from Sensi). So, I'm jacked about the hempy set up, because it should yield better than the soil-less test. Bigger bin for roots, better watering/feeding, and tons of verticle light. Thanks for starting this thread, please keep the updates coming. I can't wait to see what you pull on this one.

E

easypleasie

Thanks Rushoe! All you need are ebb n flow connectors. I use 3/4" ones with a screen filter on the inside. 3/4" tubing and a bucket and you have extra nutes for other uses. My yard has never looked better! lol

Coxie, it's all about balance :) I'll take a little less yield to have a lot less stress for the time being. Once I can afford to go balls out and not worry about failure, i'll get back to playing with the supercharged systems. Gotta find good moms to use first.

B

brookstown

brookstown,veg your girls out nice and big before you flower them. What's your existing lighting?

:)

We have 9 1000 vertical with about 15 plants. I actually measured today and they all 30 to 40 inches and it doesnt seem to crowd the room to much.

Guess we'll see. thanx for the minute.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Thanks Rushoe! All you need are ebb n flow connectors. I use 3/4" ones with a screen filter on the inside. 3/4" tubing and a bucket and you have extra nutes for other uses. My yard has never looked better! lol

Coxie, it's all about balance :) I'll take a little less yield to have a lot less stress for the time being. Once I can afford to go balls out and not worry about failure, i'll get back to playing with the supercharged systems. Gotta find good moms to use first.

Ok I am sure I can pick this up at the hydro shop what about sealing the whole for water leaks or is it tight enough to where you dont have to use any kind of sealant???I wouldn't want to find out the hard way that I used the wrong one by harming the plants and one more question were did u get those tables are they hand made or is this something you can get at the hardware store??

E

easypleasie

brookstown, you should do quite well with that much light! Get ready to have a serious jungle.

Rushoe, those fittings come with a rubber o-ring so no leaks at all. They're made to get wet :) I got those tables from Ikea for around $6-7 each. They are cheaply made and not the strongest things out there but they're working out ok. Keep them dry or they will fall apart!

Rushoe

Rushoe

Kool EP thanx man I will look into this for sure it beats having to pick up the bucket every time you water and its nice to someone using these hempys with a set up like yours. A homie of mine grew some fucken monsters in 3 gallon hempys so me and him both where looking for a better way to catch the run off...

Top Bottom