The coco challenge.

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Let's not start a argument that can't be proven. Look at it as something to strive for.
LOL, okay, sorry about that bro.

But anyway, I was thinking about trying out HO T5 for my entire veg. I've used T5 for seedlings and young teens but usually switch over to 400 or 600 MH for the last 3-4 weeks of veg. I'm hearing more and more people using the T5s for their entire veg cycle though. Curious.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

it does make sense,I dont get it myself with the thicker stalk i got about 90 grams off my tahoe og sick ass roots.Last run the stalk wasn't as big and the roots weren't as wrapped around as the run before and i got 150 grams off my tahoe
Wow, that's a huge improvement. Same strains, same medium, same size/type buckets, just different nutrients?

C

cheech

This is my first time using t5's. It's nice not having to cool the veg room. And I have seen amazing plants with thick stems grown into 2-3' tall bushes under them. I can't really get clones bigger than that in the 10 weeks that I'm flowering my other plants, so I think it's going to work out perfectly.

Bill, I remember Dynamite did a test between dm gold and an sensi. He said it looked like he had two different strains. Said both nutes gave good results. He liked dm gold more, thought it was easier to dial in.

Venom818

Venom818

Let's not start a argument that can't be proven. Look at it as something to strive for.

Although I do feel that way every time I read someone harvested 2 lbs per light - based off my own 12 or so harvests... But I've never even come close to a near perfect run. Current run is by far my closest to perfection.

last run i pulled 2lb 4 ounces off a 4x4 tent

devilrays

devilrays

Venom brother... can i just mimic you ? I cannot crack the elbow mark!! :sign0065:

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Venom brother... can i just mimic you ? I cannot crack the elbow mark!! :sign0065:

Are you using 1k's? If your in coco with 1k's, you should easily be hitting the 1.5lb mark...

devilrays

devilrays

currently 3-600w. 25 white fires in 3gal grow bags with Sunshine #4. I have a 1000mh available, but am currently just using the 6's. that's why i'm staying with this thread, to learn something for next run in coco.

C

cheech

Thanks man, but I don't care. Feel free to post whatever!

Although, I think experience is going to make a much bigger difference than what nute combo someone is using. I've had my reflectors way the fuck up over the tops at like 2'.... Air cooled and all, week 5 flower. Lack of experience leaves me a little confused about this type of stuff. How hot is too hot, you know? I l just owered them all to 18'', and maybe should go lower.... I'm going to take out the hard duct and put up flexible duct so I can experiment with light height next round.

devilrays

devilrays

put your hand on top of the plants, if it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your plant. my general rule of thumb...

C

cheech

I'm a big pussy when it comes to hot temps, but it's all good. I'll replace the hard duct with flexible duct, which I've wanted to do anyways and figure this shit out next run.

Venom818

Venom818

Thanks man, but I don't care. Feel free to post whatever!

Although, I think experience is going to make a much bigger difference than what nute combo someone is using. I've had my reflectors way the fuck up over the tops at like 2'.... Air cooled and all, week 5 flower. Lack of experience leaves me a little confused about this type of stuff. How hot is too hot, you know? I l just owered them all to 18'', and maybe should go lower.... I'm going to take out the hard duct and put up flexible duct so I can experiment with light height next round.

agreed also im sure my environment might have something to do with it.I think whats gotten me to where i am today is always pushing my plants trying new things.Im still a noob but always trying to learn new things.I now keep my light at about 20" my temps are about 75-78

C

cheech

See, I've got perfect environment right now too, which is a first.

Right now I've got my day temps at almost week 6 at 73... Night temps 60.

Is your light air cooled? I only just dropped them out of fear for yield after getting all high and worked up. But I actually liked them where they were, it looked like they had real good spread over the 8x10 canopy.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
See, I've got perfect environment right now too, which is a first.

Right now I've got my day temps at almost week 6 at 73... Night temps 60.

Is your light air cooled? I only just dropped them out of fear for yield after getting all high and worked up. But I actually liked them where they were, it looked like they had real good spread over the 8x10 canopy.

If you have a way to get your night temps as close as possible to your day temps, your plants will love you for it... Just some food for thought..

:character0180:

Venom818

Venom818

Sayyyyy whattttttttttttttt?????????????????????

also i need to add that i work these bitches alot of lst,topping,and a shit load of super cropping. I dont like to keep my temp that low cause im scared it might stunt my growth my night temps are around 70 ish

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Sayyyyy whattttttttttttttt?????????????????????

Oh yeah bro... An ideal environment has the night temps as close to the days temps as possible.. MJ plants thrive in warmer temps rather than cooler.. I try and keep my room around 78 with lights on and around 75 with lights off... it's a lot harder to do than said though lol.. UNLESS, your room is sealed..

:character0180:

C

cheech

Man, I have never heard that - ever!!!! Low temps last 3 weeks for rock hard buds! I'm pretty much going by dan's, from cch2o's, chart. Only time I've read that you would want to keep your nights temps the same as the day would be to limit stretch the first few weeks.

Can anyone back me up on this one????? Am I out of the know here?

But I could easily bring my night temps up to 72. It's the dead of summer, how do you think I'm bringing them down to 60?! Sealed room, ac.

Top Bottom