The Colorado Genetics Review Thread

• Thread starter PankFlamingoMon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Scaldutchman

Look what I keep on top of my kitchen fridge...

View attachment 500691 View attachment 500692 View attachment 500693 View attachment 500694
he's been dried out... flooded.... supercropped in early flower and it gets random light during dark periods... no hairs so far.
Nice man, you know I had heard rumors of a genetics co that's going to be collecting and packaging their pollen from their prized males how many n what different strains u got as boys?? Like I said earlier in basically starting all over from scratch, resurrected a few males outta a few MK ULTRA CROSSES I DID FEW YRS BACK but that's about it in the male dept. Everything I'm popping as of current I'm trying to pick out the prized ladies and gents from, maybe you have a couple good ol boys I could get hold of some pollen from??

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I'm not sure how a company like that could ensure viability... seems more headache than its worth... then theres the work that goes into finding a good male... and stress testing him... progeny testing... constantly reflowering to maintain fresh pollen... some would consider their prized males as being worth thousands... I just dont see it being a business... on the negative... what insurance would a buyer have against bait and switch? I'd imagine 10 listings and prices on the same exact pollen... who's to say anything? It'd require quite a bit of trust on the buyers end...
As males I have my FloScout (gsc forum x flo) agent orange, sour bubble, blue moon rocks, ashratu F1 (FloScout x Gorilla Glue #4) however I work in cooperation with a few other cats with a similar love of the craft and I tend to offload my excess pollen rather quickly... I dont store pollen long term because I keep clones of everything both male and female... pollen can get wet or go bad... I just flower a cut of something when I want pollen...

Last edited:
S

Scaldutchman

I'm not sure how a company like that could ensure viability... seems more headache than its worth... then theres the work that goes into finding a good male... and stress testing him... progeny testing... constantly reflowering to maintain fresh pollen... some would consider their prized males as being worth thousands... As males I have my FloScout (gsc forum x flo) agent orange, sour bubble, blue moon rocks, ashratu F1 (FloScout x Gorilla Glue #4) however I work in cooperation with a few other cats and tend to offload my excess pollen rather quickly... I dont store pollen long term because I keep clones of everything both male and female... pollen can get wet or go bad... I just flower a cut of something when I want pollen...
Ya I was kinda thinking the same thing I think that's why is probably just rumors, u are right u have to be very cautious to keep the pollen totally moisture free from d get go. that Flo X scout sounds very interesting,I at one point was lucky enough to receive a Flo and blueberry cut direct from dj shorts garden,a coalition I was very active in at once point called the human solution had ties to DJ and he came out to my buddies botanical garden in Elsinore and DJ came out and gave a workshop on breeding one year,I actually recorded the entire class on a little Olympus digital audio recorder, still have it

S

Scaldutchman

Ya I was kinda thinking the same thing I think that's why is probably just rumors, u are right u have to be very cautious to keep the pollen totally moisture free from d get go. that Flo X scout sounds very interesting,I at one point was lucky enough to receive a Flo and blueberry cut direct from dj shorts garden,a coalition I was very active in at once point called the human solution had ties to DJ and he came out to my buddies botanical garden in Elsinore and DJ came out and gave a workshop on breeding one year,I actually recorded the entire class on a little Olympus digital audio recorder, still have it
Ya I could use a couple a little boy cuts, for sure I would totally pick up bad ass males from the dispensaries if they carried them

S

Scaldutchman

Ya I could use a couple a little boy cuts, for sure I would totally pick up bad ass males from the dispensaries if they carried them
Question, do u ever find that some of your males want to flower even in the vegg room?? Do you just bump it to 18 n 6 versus 16 n 8, or do you just run him 24/7??

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Early flowering males are generally weeded out right away... males that flower too quickly or too tall generally put too much energy into fiber production... not enough into cannabinoids ... also I've seen selecting from early flowering males cause an odd condition where the plants want to reveg when even small changes in photoperiod happen... for instance I have a halo cut (romulan x purps) will completely stall and do the whole reveg... 3 blade then single blade leaves, back to 3 blade.. then normal... when light schedules shift by more than 1 hour... adjusting my timers to keep the same times during daylight savings for instance... its a big pain in the ass... that shit is flavorful though so I put up with her.
I keep strict times for halo... cuts and veg are the exact same 18/6 at all times.

S

Scaldutchman

Early flowering males are generally weeded out right away... males that flower too quickly or too tall generally put too much energy into fiber production... not enough into cannabinoids ... also I've seen selecting from early flowering males cause an odd condition where the plants want to reveg when even small changes in photoperiod happen... for instance I have a halo cut (romulan x purps) will completely stall and do the whole reveg... 3 blade then single blade leaves, back to 3 blade.. then normal... when light schedules shift by more than 1 hour... adjusting my timers to keep the same times during daylight savings for instance... its a big pain in the ass... that shit is flavorful though so I put up with her.
I keep strict times for halo... cuts and veg are the exact same 18/6 at all times.
Good lookin out I appreciate the 411 so just cull out the finicky dudes n keep em rockin steady@ 18 and 6 got it, thanks again bro.

S

Scaldutchman

Oh ya, look what just hit the nail box today!!
WP 20150408 11 47 08 Pro

Wolfe

Wolfe

I've got a buddy who went to college in Crested Butte in the 80's who went to the original farms in Paonia and bought full brown paper grocery bags of P Bud for $200, or so the story goes. Kind of matches ibezphil2005's story above. He is trying to source the genetics for us and he's pretty confident in his source, so we'll see.
BP
There’s no college in crested butte. You’re thinking Western State in gunnison 30 miles south of cb. I miss that p bud it was the shit! I’m trying to find it also. So if anyone knows.....

Wolfe

Wolfe

Paonia bud

Who's holding the Paonia Bud seeds out there, fella's? I lived up in Dinosaur, Co, back in the 80's, there was a guy that would stop by with a grocery bag full of pre-weighed buds (not eighths and quarters but actual buds weighed out and priced per 1/8th) with the price sticker inside. That was some dank smoke, fellas, never forgot it!
This thread is old but so was that p bud and I’m still looking. I did source a guy with seeds who was creating a feminized version but I ditched my Facebook and that is where I had the contact. I used to get p bud back in high school in Gunnison Colorado. I miss the hell out of it! Anyone come up with any sources?
Unique stuff

Top Bottom