The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
That BB cheese is smelling so fruity.
2022 01 31 094937

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Hey @Dirtbag, I have a question. Whenever I give a PK boost towards the end of flower, I just arbitrarily pick a week around the end of week 6 or 7. Are there any visual (or other) cues when the best time to give a PK boost would be?

sportyridr

sportyridr

Hey @Dirtbag, I have a question. Whenever I give a PK boost towards the end of flower, I just arbitrarily pick a week around the end of week 6 or 7. Are there any visual (or other) cues when the best time to give a PK boost would be?

I wanted to ask this as well....

I have some of that Kool Bloom as well but like @jguit was wondering about timing as well for the late PK boost. Maybe at partly cloudy??

Also

how late on in flower would you add Massive?...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I gave the koolbloom to them just before starting the flush. For me it was when I had almost all cloudy trichs, plants looking nearly done. About 2 weeks from harvest. Also I'd consider it more of a phosphorus death blow than a PK spike.

As for GP massive, I'd use it from the end of stretch until about 2 weeks from harvest. If you use it in stretch you get crazy internode gaps. If you use it too late in flower you can get nanners with it.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I gave the koolbloom to them just before starting the flush. For me it was when I had almost all cloudy trichs, plants looking nearly done. About 2 weeks from harvest. Also I'd consider it more of a phosphorus death blow than a PK spike.
Ha! Thanks. I never looked at it that way. I've been feeding my plants lightly in the final weeks instead of a flush for a while. This round i'm going to try a flush with plain water and fulvic and see if it does anything noticeable to the smell/taste. I've been doing a weekly drench with fulvic this round.

sportyridr

sportyridr

As for GP massive, I'd use it from the end of stretch until about 2 weeks from harvest. If you use it in stretch you get crazy internode gaps. If you use it too late in flower you can get nanners with it.

Ok, so going with mostly cloudy. I see the P number now that I run the numbers, full strength is way over 200ppm. running Jack's

Don't need any weird issues so i'll steer clear of the Massive. I will give the Kool Bloom a go for a couple days at 50% at mostly cloudy...got a ways to go, just mid week 6 at the moment which got me wondering if I used it like a boost for a day or so like the kool bloom....You know, quality stoner thinking lol 😆 🤣

thanks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok, so going with mostly cloudy. I see the P number now that I run the numbers, full strength is way over 200ppm. running Jack's

Don't need any weird issues so i'll steer clear of the Massive. I will give the Kool Bloom a go for a couple days at 50% at mostly cloudy...got a ways to go, just mid week 6 at the moment which got me wondering if I used it like a boost for a day or so like the kool bloom....You know, quality stoner thinking lol 😆 🤣

thanks
Dry Koolbloom powder doesn't work as a booster really. It's a ripener and does what it's designed to do, stress the plants and signal that the end is near. A week after giving it to the plants you can tell they're finishing up.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Dry Koolbloom powder doesn't work as a booster really. It's a ripener and does what it's designed to do, stress the plants and signal that the end is near. A week after giving it to the plants you can tell they're finishing up.

Thanks...trying to finish right as this has been my best grow so far since changing to coco last year.

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Any experience with the liquid stuff? Wondering why the powder is 2-45-28, and the liquid is 0-10-10..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Any experience with the liquid stuff? Wondering why the powder is 2-45-28, and the liquid is 0-10-10..
Yeah you're supposed to use the liquid as a booster in flower and the dry as a ripener. The dry is such a high PK because it's designed to stress the plants significantly. Its ingredients are designed to trigger senescence and increase production of stress induced secondary metabolites. The liquid has stress reducing compounds in it like fulvic et , it actually does kinda the opposite thing as the dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom