The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Well it looks nice and dense in there for real. I'm glad it's working out because I'm a real believer in that method and you never know how another grower is going to pull it off, but you're fuckin smashing it man. I realize that I've influenced a few folks on here to try both slabs and the full strips and it actually makes me anxious when people do things that I do for whatever reason.. it's never my intention to convince anyone to do anything the way I do, and full stripping is one of those things that you have to have everything else dialed in, and in a fast growing medium to make it work how it should. For you, it's absolutely working how it should. Color me impressed.
100% man. If I didn't have the controls I do in place, I wouldn't have attempted this at all. In talking with the others that are starting to follow suit, and even other members in other medias, I push against the idea because there is simply too much that could go sideways way too fast for someone without enough experience to catch it early enough to fix. It takes a special kind of confidence, or narcissism -- the jury is out on this still -- to do this method. There are a lot of "oh i fucked up moments" but the plants pull through.

The one thing I'm noticing is my EC is too high for sure. I have several indications of nute burn and pretty much all leaf tips are showing signs. Luckily Saturday will see a drop from about 1.8 EC to 1.4 with higher PK levels so N will be dropping and I anticipate seeing some calcium def as a consequence since N and Ca are in part A of my nutrients. Might pick up a cal supplement tomorrow just to head off that def though.

Long story short, it's fuckin working man. I'm stoked.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
100% man. If I didn't have the controls I do in place, I wouldn't have attempted this at all. In talking with the others that are starting to follow suit, and even other members in other medias, I push against the idea because there is simply too much that could go sideways way too fast for someone without enough experience to catch it early enough to fix. It takes a special kind of confidence, or narcissism -- the jury is out on this still -- to do this method. There are a lot of "oh i fucked up moments" but the plants pull through.

The one thing I'm noticing is my EC is too high for sure. I have several indications of nute burn and pretty much all leaf tips are showing signs. Luckily Saturday will see a drop from about 1.8 EC to 1.4 with higher PK levels so N will be dropping and I anticipate seeing some calcium def as a consequence since N and Ca are in part A of my nutrients. Might pick up a cal supplement tomorrow just to head off that def though.

Long story short, it's fuckin working man. I'm stoked.
Yeah dude I'm down to 1.2-1.3 ec inputs. Runoff around 1.5-1.6. I peaked around 1.6 feedings mid stretch but since it ended they've slowed down on nute uptake.
And I go heavy on calcium mid flower also, almost 0.3 ec worth of calcium silicate before even adding nutes. Weed plants are Ca whores.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah dude I'm down to 1.2-1.3 ec inputs. Runoff around 1.5-1.6. I peaked around 1.6 feedings mid stretch but since it ended they've slowed down on nute uptake.
And I go heavy on calcium mid flower also, almost 0.3 ec worth of calcium silicate before even adding nutes. Weed plants are Ca whores.
ah that's where i've fucked up. probably hit yield a little. I should've dropped res EC when I went back to vegetative schedule. all good, no reason to be disappointed yet. mind sharing what you use specifically for calcium silicate though? i dropped power si as it kept gelling up in the res and clogging the inline filter so getting silica back in there will be a welcome additive.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
ah that's where i've fucked up. probably hit yield a little. I should've dropped res EC when I went back to vegetative schedule. all good, no reason to be disappointed yet. mind sharing what you use specifically for calcium silicate though? i dropped power si as it kept gelling up in the res and clogging the inline filter so getting silica back in there will be a welcome additive.

This stuff. Its usually only available commercially in 10L jugs. And it's a Canadian product so not sure if you can get it or not.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Wrapped up 6 days straight of plowing and salting, finally have the chance to crack into a few beards.
But now the forecast say 40% chance.. which could be another 6" of snow for all I know.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's the plan for year 2, or 3. I don't think you can start a business and get it properly off the ground without hustling till your near exhaustion. Just the way she goes haha. I'm good. I'm enjoying it honestly. Makes me feel strung out without the need for hard drugs to get me there.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also have a trip to whistler planned for late winter/ early spring. I have my down times for sure.. mid summer, winter to spring transition. Kinda. But getting crazy busy. My main plan is to hire a few crews to get shit done and just manage eventually. Gotta train some long term loyal crew leaders first. I'm training those dudes right now.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
for sure. tuesday i had some fairly significant realizations and will likely be joining you in the hustle sooner than later. it's one thing to be driven to that point by an employer. that's why people hop jobs. it's another to do it because a short period of suffering will lead to bigger dividends later. suppose that's the whole thing about entrepreneurship though.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also have a trip to whistler planned for late winter/ early spring. I have my down times for sure.. mid summer, winter to spring transition. Kinda. But getting crazy busy. My main plan is to hire a few crews to get shit done and just manage eventually. Gotta train some long term loyal crew leaders first. I'm training those dudes right now.
Ur lucky you can find trust worthy people to train . I can’t even find people to show up for work

Moshmen

Moshmen

for sure. tuesday i had some fairly significant realizations and will likely be joining you in the hustle sooner than later. it's one thing to be driven to that point by an employer. that's why people hop jobs. it's another to do it because a short period of suffering will lead to bigger dividends later. suppose that's the whole thing about entrepreneurship though.
It’s just a satisfaction of doin it for MY family - instead of someone else , imo the money is good but it’s the freedom I feel! Still work to much! Lmao, but it’s worth it. Both financially and mentally

Anthem

Anthem

Fuckin snowed another few inches again last night. Going to snow again tonight.

Seriously wtf is going on. My limits are being tested big time here lol. I want to go to bed and sleep for a week straight.
That is the good and bad all wrapped up into one. Great time to start your business but the trials and tribulations of starting a busyness. And to think this was suppose to be a La Nina year. Models for this stuff are write in check with the models for what is going on around the world

PK1

PK1

Supporter

Seriously wtf is going on. My limits are being tested big time here lol. I want to go to bed and sleep for a week straight.
i feel for ya man, sounds exhausting. it's supposed to snow next week too.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Just think off it as being that much closer to your own fleet of plow trucks 🌨🌨🌨🤑🤑🤑

Top Bottom